Options

Steve Brookstein tweeting about JLS & Jedward

Comments

• Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    and he's at it again calling Jedward "Pondlife" , for "falling off stage" :mad: . ( I thought Edward just landed awkwardly on his ankle:confused:)

Nasty man. A little bit of campassion wouldn't go amiss. Looks like slating Jewdward is the only way he can get people to visit his flippin twitter!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Disnae wrote: »
    and he's at it again calling Jedward "Pondlife" , for "falling off stage" :mad: . ( I thought Edward just landed awkwardly on his ankle:confused:)

Nasty man. A little bit of campassion wouldn't go amiss. Looks like slating Jewdward is the only way he can get people to visit his flippin twitter!:rolleyes:

I really want Steve and J&E to meet one day, preferably with cameras around.
    It'd be like when they visited The Sun - "Come on, let's get a photo of us in the bin" :D I love how they make people who've badmouthed them feel so awkward, 'cause they couldn't care less about bringing it up.
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I really want Steve and J&E to meet one day, preferably with cameras around.
    It'd be like when they visited The Sun - "Come on, let's get a photo of us in the bin" :D I love how they make people who've badmouthed them feel so awkward, 'cause they couldn't care less about bringing it up.

Yeah, I'd love to see it! I bet Steve would be ok to their faces though. There's no way he'd slate them if they were there in front of him. I very much doubt Steve would've carried on with the show either, if he'd broken his leg on stage:rolleyes: Edward's a trouper!:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things could've been worse for Jedward. They could've fallen into a blackhole, like Steve's career.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're not allowed an opinion on Jedward unless it's a nice one?

I think some of the so called Jedward "fans" on twitter are some of the most obnoxious I've every come across and some of their posts to SB are just plain sick.

Personally I think Jedward can't sing can't dance and are about as entertaining as watching paint dry
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    So you're not allowed an opinion on Jedward unless it's a nice one?

I think some of the so called Jedward "fans" on twitter are some of the most obnoxious I've every come across and some of their posts to SB are just plain sick.

Personally I think Jedward can't sing can't dance and are about as entertaining as watching paint dry

Of course you are allowed an opinion. However, from personal experience, Steve ignores rational, logical responses. He picks out the few badly-spelt, extreme replies, probably written by some of the younger fans, and makes out that these are representative of Jedward's 53000 twitter followers, calling us "midgets". It seems rather odd to me that this 40-ish man should get such pleasure out of provoking what are probably 12-15 year old girls. I've replied to him many times trying to use logical argument but surprise, surprise, that doesn't fit in with what he considers to be the average Jedward fan so he ignores it.

And as for making fun out of Edward who had obviously been quite badly injured, given that he is apparently still in hospital, but carried on with his performance, (whatever you may think of his singing), that is just beyond insensitive. To say the least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Of course you are allowed an opinion. However, from personal experience, Steve ignores rational, logical responses. He picks out the few badly-spelt, extreme replies, probably written by some of the younger fans, and makes out that these are representative of Jedward's 53000 twitter followers, calling us "midgets". It seems rather odd to me that this 40-ish man should get such pleasure out of provoking what are probably 12-15 year old girls. I've replied to him many times trying to use logical argument but surprise, surprise, that doesn't fit in with what he considers to be the average Jedward fan so he ignores it.

And as for making fun out of Edward who had obviously been quite badly injured, given that he is apparently still in hospital, but carried on with his performance, (whatever you may think of his singing), that is just beyond insensitive. To say the least.

Do Jedward fans scan twitter then for any adverse comments about the duo or do they follow Steve Brookstein just to see if he makes any comments about the gruesome twosome - if they ignore the adverse comments and didn't respond in the abusive way they do maybe people wouldn't think all jedward fans are ignorant idiots

and I'm sorry but the fact that one of them fell over during a dance routine is mildly amusing I'm sorry he got hurt but it is funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do Jedward fans scan twitter then for any adverse comments about the duo or do they follow Steve Brookstein just to see if he makes any comments about the gruesome twosome - if they ignore the adverse comments and didn't respond in the abusive way they do maybe people wouldn't think all jedward fans are ignorant idiots

and I'm sorry but the fact that one of them fell over during a dance routine is mildly amusing I'm sorry he got hurt but it is funny

I certainly don't look for remarks by SB or follow him but sometimes his comments get RT'd and appear on my timeline. Yes - the best way to deal with him is to ignore him, I agree. But it's difficult for some of the fans who get upset about snide remarks about an act which they love. And after all, he's making his remarks in a public place.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTs from Steve turn up in my Time line. He's actually ok - Just a bit of a dry sarcastic git.

But he knows a lot of their fans are teenage girls if you will throw sticks and stones at the hornet's nest.....

So he clearly throws those sticks and stones when he's bored and find the interaction with Jedward fans fun - else he wouldn't go there again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    RTs from Steve turn up in my Time line. He's actually ok - Just a bit of a dry sarcastic git.

But he knows a lot of their fans are teenage girls if you will throw sticks and stones at the hornet's nest.....

So he clearly throws those sticks and stones when he's bored and find the interaction with Jedward fans fun - else he wouldn't go there again.

Well let's face it - he does have a lot of time on his hands:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well let's face it - he does have a lot of time on his hands:D

yeah.
    And no one else to talk to :(

Cries a river :cry:

My absolute fav tweet of his was "i play in shitty pubs, I dream of Butlins"
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't look for remarks by SB or follow him but sometimes his comments get RT'd and appear on my timeline. Yes - the best way to deal with him is to ignore him, I agree. But it's difficult for some of the fans who get upset about snide remarks about an act which they love. And after all, he's making his remarks in a public place.[/QUOTE]

so it's ok for someone to send him this message on twitter

"stevebrookstein

I never wished edward fell -who's sick?RT @cmmolloy: @stevebrookstein i hope your child falls and really hurts themselves, you sick bastard."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isn't and I've tweeted him that I agree some of @planetjedward fans are proper psychos and he tweeted back.

"thanks. I am fully aware that Jedward have many sensible fans who just have fun and are not deluded. You being one :0) "

He knows what they are like. If he wasn't having fun with it, he wouldn't wind them up in the first place.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve reminds me of a two year old, playing up for attention. Only, at his age, you can't really go awww, laugh and give him a cuddle.

It's been confirmed that Edward tore some ligaments, and will require surgery, I don't really think it's funny, and having actually watched it, there was nothing funny about it at all, it looked painful.

I don't laugh when I see other people in pain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve reminds me of a two year old, playing up for attention. Only, at his age, you can't really go awww, laugh and give him a cuddle.

It's been confirmed that Edward tore some ligaments, and will require surgery, I don't really think it's funny, and having actually watched it, there was nothing funny about it at all, it looked painful.

I don't laugh when I see other people in pain.

so you've never laughed at a slap stick comedy - people falling over can be funny and SB laughed along with many other at the fall not at the injury
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so you've never laughed at a slap stick comedy - people falling over can be funny and SB laughed along with many other at the fall not at the injury

Surgery,
    torn knee ligaments.
    Poor guy.

I can't laugh when ANYONE is in as much pain as Edward clearly was, and since you don't actually see him fall on the video until after he is clearly struggling with pain - I saw nothing to laugh at.

But maybe as I live in pain 24/7 I just don't find anyones pain all that humourous to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was watching the show, you can see the pain on his face before the fall, it's not funny.

Yes, I have laughed at slapstick comedy, but there isn't the anguish and pain on the recipient of whatever funny thing is happening.

This isn't like Wile Coyote being crushed by an anvil or something, it's a real person in quite obvious pain:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A real person who really is possibly the nicest, happiest, smiliest, bubbliest person in the world (yeah - John is occasionally moody)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A real person who really is possibly the nicest, happiest, smiliest, bubbliest person in the world (yeah - John is occasionally moody)

Edward can be moody too;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edward can be moody too;).

Yeah - but not as moody as John is :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - but not as moody as John is :p

Lol, aww, I love moody John:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moody john is an absolute legend!
    'it's john!'
    And yesterday booing the booers!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    Steve comes across as a bitter old tosser TBH and not a nice man :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Steve comes across as a bitter old tosser TBH and not a nice man :mad:

at least he can sing and I don't think Jedward would be too pleased about some of the abuse their fans are sending Steve's way
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    at least he can sing and I don't think Jedward would be too pleased about some of the abuse their fans are sending Steve's way

Singing isn't the most important thing when it comes to being successful; evident in Steve's lack of success. At least J&E have a big fanbase.
    I agree with the second part of your post though. I don't think they're even sure of who Steve is.