Shocking service from ASDA home delivery

Comments

• Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheDonk wrote: »
    Just a thought but hows about doing it weekly, by bus?:eek:

can't afford to do it weekly, only one income so have to do it monthly when that wage comes in, also bus fare for shopping would be £3 so thats an extra £12 a month, or free delivery :rolleyes:
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought but hows about doing it weekly, by bus?:eek:

What if you bulk buy? It works out cheaper for a lot of things. I've got 5 indoor cats and a dog. I bulk buy all that stuff. All the litter and all the food.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to get a monthly delivery, when I was paid monthly, now with a weekly shop I don't bother.

Not sure why some posters don't like other posters getting it?
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Not sure why some posters don't like other posters getting it?

Hey I really don't mind if you want to have your groceries picked, packed and delivered to you, it's your choice.:)

It just concerns me that life seems to be centred more and more around the internet these days (another thread maybe?).

Humanity is gonna lose the use of it's legs I tells yer!:p
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    My next door neighbour uses it regularly and she has never had a problem with it.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey I really don't mind if you want to have your groceries picked, packed and delivered to you, it's your choice.:)

It just concerns me that life seems to be centred more and more around the internet these days (another thread maybe?).

Less time spent shopping in supermarkets (which lets face it have already lost any semblance of human interaction, despite my attempts to chat up the checkout girl on till number 7) means more time down the pub or other leisure activities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyone seen wallie? :D
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Are people no longer capable of physically going food shopping any more?:(

This is hardly a new idea. In my grandparents day, everything got delivered by a horse and cart or a delivery van.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually switch depending on how cheap my favourite products are. Tesco have Fabreze on a buy 3 get one free, as they are three quid a go and my Mum wanted some I did this weeks shop with them.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,624
    Forum Member
    bubbsy wrote: »
    Point to note: Tesco employees are famous for going on the internet and either bashing their own customers or Asda
    Are they?
    beer and pot noodles dont weigh much :p
    Beer (or any liquid) is about the heaviest thing you can buy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    slapmatt wrote: »
    The other week my delivery came during Jeremy Kyle. I was sickened.

That's a normal reaction to watching Jeremy Vile.
  • Options
    ElCepilloElCepillo Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, they don't have time to do their own shopping. But they do have time to come on internet message boards and bitch about their scotch egg delivery. :cool:
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I've use Asda home delivery for years and generally they're quite good. I have had defrosted frozen food and short dates, for which I've got a refund but then I have to go to the shop and get the food to replace those items, which kind of defeats the point of the exercise. I've also had some odd substitutions, but I just send those back.
    I used Asda recently & received loads of close to use by perishables and completely inappropriate 'substitution' products. Tescos aren't much better. Has anyone actually had a good experience of Asda's delivery service?
    You don't have to accept the substitutions and you can a refund on short dated products (which I know means you still haven't got the food you wanted, but you should still complain and get your money back).
    I don't drive, I don't want to struggle on buses with heavy bags of shopping if I can help it and by the time I've paid for a taxi I might as well have paid Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's to shop for me.
  • Options
    slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt it tell you something? go the shop and buy its yourself! unless your housebound which is fair dos. I bought off Asda a few times via the internet and they were shocking, things missing and no subs. I thought why buy it online when I can have it physically in my hand properly at the shops :rolleyes: technology is all well and good but its the people on the other end that manage to balls things up eh! esp the idiots at Asda
  • Options
    AltheyaAltheya Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used Asda loads and not had any problems. Use by dates are always good and the couple of substitutes I've had were more expensive items for, which I wad charged the lower price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ElCepillo wrote: »
    Aye, but they're not the ones whining about scotch eggs on an internet message board. Yes, your life must be so great.

When I get ripped off for ten quids worth of shopping I'm entitled to post a reply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be a manager for home shopping in Asda. Those were the days :D
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member

My mum is 79 . Tesco built a humungous Extra store that she find physically too difficult to push a trolley around. The shop is just too big ( she has a dicky ticker and arthritis in her spine)

So she shops on line and is quite happy to let someone else do the leg work.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are people getting free delivery? I only managed to get free delivery once when I complained about them not delivering me any cat food.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    How are people getting free delivery? I only managed to get free delivery once when I complained about them not delivering me any cat food.

when we done ours last month it came up on the asda online thing, to put in a code they gave us for free delivery.
  • Options
    ElCepilloElCepillo Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    When I get ripped off for ten quids worth of shopping I'm entitled to post a reply.

Yeah, a reply belittling shop workers and pointing out how crappy their lives are, whilst moaning about your scotch eggs - which obviously shows you live perhaps the most exciting and full life of anyone on the planet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ElCepillo wrote: »
    Yeah, a reply belittling shop workers and pointing out how crappy their lives are, whilst moaning about your scotch eggs - which obviously shows you live perhaps the most exciting and full life of anyone on the planet.

In a thread about shocking experiences with Asda, what was I thinking. My reply was far more relevant than your snide posts.

What are you doing here if you are so above everyone else?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Last time I used Asda delivery service was the day before Xmas Eve. Half the order - which was on the receipt and I'd been charged for - was missing, and I'm not exaggerating! I was bloody livid. Delivery came at 10pm so I couldn't ring their customer helpline til the next morning. Anyway, phoned them at 8am Xmas Eve morning. They promised someone from my local store would phone and arrange delivery for that day. Did they phone? Did they 'eck as like!! I was at work and in a total panic that I wouldn't have the ingredients for Xmas dinner and I had 12 people coming. To cut a long story short my sympathetic boss let me leave work early to go to the store and sort it out. To be fair the home shopping lady at the store was lovely, and really apologetic but I still had to pay out for a taxi to get my 10 bags of shopping home. Made a complaint with Asda head office as i'd already paid a delivery charge and i've heard nothing. Will never ever ever use them again :mad:
    Blimey, just writing this down makes me feel like i'm gonna burst a blood vessel. Think i'll go and have a cup of tea :D
  • Options
    LightofTruthLightofTruth Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe using a another shop's website or going to another supermarket might be better for her. Sainsbury's is a good shop :)
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for linking to another forum, but I noticed this story on twitter & over at mumsnet....

A young mother with a baby ordered about £80 worth of groceries online and Asda took her money, but due to some sort of botched ghost transaction with the bank, they still haven't sent on her groceries several days later.

I used Asda recently & received loads of close to use by perishables and completely inappropriate 'substitution' products. Tescos aren't much better. Has anyone actually had a good experience of Asda's delivery service?

Yes. I've been using both for several years. Never had an item missing, always a reasonable shelf life on fresh products & outstanding service.