Madonna Called Out For Texting During Broadway Show

Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
Forum Member
The first photo of her accompanying this article! :o

Madonna Texting During Broadway Show

Comments

• Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Is it one of those phones with big buttons and an emergency button that automatically calls a pre-programmed relative or friend for help?
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it one of those phones with big buttons and an emergency button that automatically calls a pre-programmed relative or friend for help?
    :D:D:kitty:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,253
    Forum Member
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up hers. Arrogant little madam.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If what's said in that article is true, why go to see a play if all you're going to do is text all the way through it? If she was texting a lot, good on that audience member for telling her to switch it off. Texting someone when at a play is fine if it's just to tell them that you're at a play and not to text again for X minutes/hours until it's finished, but repeatedly picking up the phone to text is very rude and shows disrespect towards the actors/actresses.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    It's incredibly rude to text during a play. Nothing was stopping her from leaving her seat and calling/texting then.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann_Tenna wrote: »

That looks like her face has been pasted onto someone else's body, really badly

That can't be real :o
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to see Christie Brinkley's surgeon.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann_Tenna wrote: »

Looking at that photo, she could almost be a dead ringer for Bette Davis's character, Baby Jane Hudson, in the film 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane'.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charlie1 wrote: »
    Looking at that photo, she could almost be a dead ringer for Bette Davis's character, Baby Jane Hudson, in the film 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane'.

I blummin' well knew it reminded me of something....:D
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    That, or she's channeling Gloria Swanson.

All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    She needs to see Christie Brinkley's surgeon.

What makes you think that Christine Bleakley's had a facelift?
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    What makes you think that Christine Bleakley's had a facelift?

Christie Brinkley, not Christine Bleakley.
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For some time now whenever I see Madonna 'Whatever Happened To Baby Jane' comes to mind. I guess we know now what happened to her - she turned into Madonna:D
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Can anyone imagine what Madonna would do if while doing a show she looked up and saw a member of her audience with their phone out?

She would do her absolute nut!
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    You are spot on. Not only she does look a mess but very mean as well. If only she would retire with grace...
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if she's not singing, it's okay to show disrespect?

Wow.

I bet she'd complain if a cast member of a Broadway musical texted during one of her concerts. If it was done in this country at a West End Musical, you'd probably be chucked out.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what could be so important?
  • famecocofamecoco Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, as someone who goes to the theatre a lot, this type of behaviour is pretty common. It's so annoying the amount of people who text or chat during the performance, its so rude to the performers and fellow audiene members.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was caught doing this when she went to the première of 12 years a slave and got into trouble. I am a massive Madonna fan but it's a pet hate when people have their phones out anywhere when they shouldn't be. I see it done a lot in restaurants. I see couples on their phone while eating, not talking to one another like you expect a couple to do when they go out.