Options

Christians, do you believe Dinosaurs once existed?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neon tiger wrote: »
    The whole garden of eden was designed to show that god made the world. It doesn't mean that's exactly what happened. It was written for people living thousands of years ago who were unlikely to understand quantum physics. He still made the world just not like the bible puts it. I think, anyway

Ok. So what other parts of the bible should we discount as only being relevant to people thousands of years ago?

Start down that path and you would end up with very little left.
  • Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    neon tiger wrote: »
    The whole garden of eden was designed to show that god made the world. It doesn't mean that's exactly what happened. It was written for people living thousands of years ago who were unlikely to understand quantum physics. He still made the world just not like the bible puts it. I think, anyway
    If you want to explain something to someone who isn't smart enough to fully understand it, you simplify it. What you don't do is make up a completely different story that contradicts the truth.

If you want to explain evolution to people who don't know anything about biology, DNA, genetics, mutation etc., you make it simple. You explain it in terms that they do understand. You don't say "the whole thing took me a week, I made man out of dust and woman out of a rib, and I made a bunch of other animals to fill some space".