• Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which one was that?

series 2,episode 3
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,890
    Forum Member
    series 2,episode 3

I thought at the time one might have been missing but wasn't quite sure. What was so racy about it? Hopefully Drama will show it!
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is why I was missing a episode when I came to transfer them from my hard drive, I thought the sky box had crapped on me one more time, the missing episode is 02x04 - arrivals and departures, I have all the rest, it's scheduled to be shown on drama on June 11th so let's hope they do.. What was in this episode to get it the boot?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought at the time one might have been missing but wasn't quite sure. What was so racy about it? Hopefully Drama will show it!

Here is some info, posted from someone on another forum where this episode was also discussed.
    I received a reply from the BBC, regarding why Sr.2 Ep.3 was omitted. Here's the relevant part of the reply I received:

"...A decision was made not to show episode 3 of series 2 as it contained unsuitable language that we were unable to edit out."

I have carefully played this episode through and there are, at two separate instances during the episode, references to breasts (though the word itself is not used). According to what I've read online, referring to breasts is a no-no with daytime TV.

There is the odd mild swear word uttered, such as "d*mn" and "bl*ody", but I assume these are permitted to be used during the afternoon(?). The only other possibilities, from what I can make out, are that there's a suggestive remark about "stuffing" a penguin, and also, Sam uses the phrase "if we got down to the business", but I doubt if there would be any problem with either of these(?).
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There doesn't seem anything too bad there, no more than the "didn't you feel a prick" line that was aired recently in Just Good Friends. And Being Served is full of sexually suggestive double entendres.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,890
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem anything too bad there, no more than the "didn't you feel a prick" line that was aired recently in Just Good Friends. And Being Served is full of sexually suggestive double entendres.

Exactly. Vince's mum said 'pissed' the other day, that wasn't beeped out. And if they can show however many series with 'Mrs Slocombe's pussy' then surely they can air one episode of TUTD with one or two mildly "rude" words!
  • Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps they forgot to air the episode and tried to cover up by saying they didn't show it because of the 'rude' bits
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. Vince's mum said 'pissed' the other day, that wasn't beeped out. And if they can show however many series with 'Mrs Slocombe's pussy' then surely they can air one episode of TUTD with one or two mildly "rude" words!

The word "pissed" seems to suddenly be ok to air as I have noticed it in a few shows recently. On Just Good Friends and also the afternoon showing of The Goldbergs on E4. Maybe we will see it in Eastenders soon.