Worried about 12th operation tomorrow no other options if unsuccessful

Comments

• gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    Good luck with your recovery, Greg - fingers crossed! :)

Thank you Relly I really appreciate it.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    I hope your recovery goes well greg. Look after yourself x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Hey hope you are feeling fine and getting some rest and sleep. Looking forward to hearing your stories tomorrow about who kept you awake and what they did. Rather mean of me I agree. Anyway go and get some sleep. Good luck with the results. x
  • BeenbagBeenbag Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might be in the land of Nod right now , but I'm glad to read everything went A.O. K
    Two cures for the price of one! Enjoy your recovery and recuperation.😺
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get well soon. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Hey hope you are feeling fine and getting some rest and sleep. Looking forward to hearing your stories tomorrow about who kept you awake and what they did. Rather mean of me I agree. Anyway go and get some sleep. Good luck with the results. x

Thank you I appreciate it. In a private hospital so have my own room thank God no patients with dementia wondering about a ward that I usually get.
    Beenbag wrote: »
    You might be in the land of Nod right now , but I'm glad to read everything went A.O. K
    Two cures for the price of one! Enjoy your recovery and recuperation.😺

Many thanks. No chance of sleep just now the anaesthetic they injected in theatre has worn off and I'm in agony. Not allowed any more pain relief for a few hours yet. I'm swearing like I have Tourette's.
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Get well soon. x

Thank you I appreciate it got a rough few days ahead with the nerve being irritated.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey greg, try an A to Z of swear words, to pass the time. Helped me lots, in childbirth. x
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Hey greg, try an A to Z of swear words, to pass the time. Helped me lots, in childbirth. x

Ha ha. I like that. :D

Yeah, Greg, do that ^^^. All the best. Hope your recovery goes well. Good that they picked up on the sleep apnoea. CPAP machine should sort that. Take care. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the next few weeks brings signs of recovery. Good luck my friend.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Thank you I appreciate it. In a private hospital so have my own room thank God no patients with dementia wondering about a ward that I usually get.

Many thanks. No chance of sleep just now the anaesthetic they injected in theatre has worn off and I'm in agony. Not allowed any more pain relief for a few hours yet. I'm swearing like I have Tourette's.

Thank you I appreciate it got a rough few days ahead with the nerve being irritated.

I hope you get well soon

can I just say though that patients who have dementia get ill just as much as everyone else and have just as much right to hospital care when this occurs.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    I hope you get well soon

can I just say though that patients who have dementia get ill just as much as everyone else and have just as much right to hospital care when this occurs.

In all fairness Greg didnt say they didnt .Of course patients with dementia have a right to care , but we have a right to moan and to be glad we have a private room when they keep us awake .IMO
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you.

Many thanks.

Thank you.

Thank you I hope your partners treatment is successful.

I'm back from theatre the operation went fine. I need to wait a couple of weeks to see if the treatment has worked. They discovered I had sleep apnea under sedation so I will need to be treated for that.

Thank you once again for all your best wishes everyone I really appreciate it.
    Thanks, Greg.

I hope you're getting some respite from the pain now and then. Can't imagine being in your position. Thinking of you. x
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg hope the sex change operation was successful and you are now a beautiful woman

only joking mate get well soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »

Thank you I feel bad for women going through child birth as I know how bad severe pain can be.
    Ha ha. I like that. :D

Yeah, Greg, do that ^^^. All the best. Hope your recovery goes well. Good that they picked up on the sleep apnoea. CPAP machine should sort that. Take care. :)

Thank you not looking forward to sleeping with a mask on though.
    woodbush wrote: »
    Hope the next few weeks brings signs of recovery. Good luck my friend.

Thank you much appreciated.
    shmisk wrote: »
    I hope you get well soon

Thank you. I didn't mean anything buy it dementia is a terrible illness. It's just having spent over a year in hospital in total it can be hard going. I've had elderly men standing by my bed at night, moving my bags, emptying out my locker, opening my bags and it can be hard going day and night.
    duckylucky wrote: »
    In all fairness Greg didnt say they didnt .Of course patients with dementia have a right to care , but we have a right to moan and to be glad we have a private room when they keep us awake .IMO

Many thanks.
    kimindex wrote: »
    Thanks, Greg.

I hope you're getting some respite from the pain now and then. Can't imagine being in your position. Thinking of you. x

Thank you I hope to get discharged tomorrow and fly home. I just need to take it easy.
    Greg hope the sex change operation was successful and you are now a beautiful woman

only joking mate get well soon.

Very funny I could have been Georgina Richards. Thanks you.:D

Doing ok today surgeon is pleased with my progress have to wear these ted socks next few weeks to prevent a blood clot I hate them they are as itchy as anything. Food good in hospital. Hope to get out and fly home tomorrow. I just need a to take it easy.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every little helps Greg !! Good to hear you are doing ok . The TEDS are annoying but the body gets used to them
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it went ok and hope it works. Nerve pain is the pits.
  • BeenbagBeenbag Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o Enjoying the hospital food ? Are you sure the anesthetic has worn off?
    Have good flight tomorrow, and glad everything went o.k.😺
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,094
    Forum Member
    hope you get a good result
  • MrsSkittlesMrsSkittles Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Safe flight home
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear it went well Greg, all the best to you, and hope its worked :)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you're on you way home. Greg.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Every little helps Greg !! Good to hear you are doing ok . The TEDS are annoying but the body gets used to them

Thank you much appreciated.
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Glad it went ok and hope it works. Nerve pain is the pits.

Many thanks and yes it is utter hell.
    Beenbag wrote: »
    :o Enjoying the hospital food ? Are you sure the anesthetic has worn off?
    Have good flight tomorrow, and glad everything went o.k.😺

It was restaurant quality food made by chefs and I could eat whenever I felt like it not the rubbish I have had in other hospitals. Flight was ok journey has knocked me for six though I am still very tired and sore.
    hope you get a good result

Thank you I appreciate it.
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Safe flight home

Thanks so much I appreciate it. Flight was delayed slightly but got home safe.
    Grouty wrote: »
    Good to hear it went well Greg, all the best to you, and hope its worked :)

Thanks very much appreciated. Won't know if it has worked for about a week to let the bruising settle and nerve calm down. Keeping my fingers crossed and taking it easy meantime.
    kimindex wrote: »
    Hope you're on you way home. Greg.

Thank you I got discharged and flew home safe. I'm knackered though the travel has taken it out of me and haven't slept much due to the pain. Just hope I can get the sleep apnea sorted out and hope I can sleep with a mask on. Glad to be back in my own bed with my persian cat lying beside me purring away.

Thank you all so much for your best wishes and kindness I really greatly appreciate it. Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you have planned.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Get well soon, have a good rest and the cat will keep you comfy, he/she will sense you need comfort, cats are gems that way.

Good night Greg, hope you sleep a bit :) xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Get well soon, have a good rest and the cat will keep you comfy, he/she will sense you need comfort, cats are gems that way.

Good night Greg, hope you sleep a bit :) xx

Thank you very much. Yeah it is weird wherever I am in most pain he will start licking it and you sit and wonder how on earth he knows it's very strange. He is in the bad books though my mum was looking after him and he put her through four days of hell constantly crying and wondering about the house looking for me day and night. Then I arrive home he is an angel again he is a cheeky monkey.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I miss having a cat in the house! Landlord agreed to a budgie, but he is sleeping, not the same obviously..having a restless night with siatica..and too much ginger! heaven knows the pain you are in Greg, just hope it settles down xx