Options

Camilla Dallerup and Erin Boag

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    If Camilla were "too thin", then I hardly think she would be able to compete in an arena where physical fitness is one of the most important aspects. She just has a different shape to some of the others.

I should just let this thread die... :( but anyway, this ^^ from Shappy is not necessarily true, at least in the short term. People who are "too thin" (and I am not getting more in to any sort of definition of what you / me might mean by that :rolleyes:) can still function quite 'normally', and in fact frequently have a load more energy (but it's nervous type energy) than others...

As for this from whitewitch...
    The worlds obsession with underweight celebrities ie. Camilla, Keira Knightly et al perpetuates the need for them to be underweight and encourages young girls to be unhappy with their weights - which in turn leads them to slowly starve themselves to death.

Lilia, Ola, and whoever else you want to lump in with 'someone who dares be above a size 8' - are not fat.

I find thin people look like skeletons covered in skin.

Aren't you doing EXACTLY what you seem to be ranting against? And erm don't your last two paragraphs completely contradict one another? :confused: Like I said before, if you find Camilla's legs so utterly repulsive (personally I think they are rather nice :p;) ...) then don't bloomin' watch her then.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whitewitch wrote: »
    I have to say these two things or else I am going to burst.

1. Why does Erin always have to have drifty 'wings' on nearly every dress.

2. I can't actually watch Camilla Dallerup dance. Her legs make me feel physically sick. They are just dangly sticks that are really wide set. They are the most horrible legs I have seen in my life. I would rather see a fat lady's legs with ballooning cankles than them.
    I am sorry if this offends anyone with exceptionally thin wide set legs.

OMG thanks goodness someone who agrees with me! I have always thought Camilla's legs when dancing are just wrong and people haven't agree with me in the past. I think it is more in the Latin numbers than the ballroom but they just fly around and appear to never lock out but always loose and dangly, hard to describe but unlike say Flavia, her legs are awful.

I know people think this thread is ridiculous but people are entitled to say contradictory things and this forum doesn't have to be a complete love in for all the pros and celebs.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone. I thought the title of this forum is "Strictly Come Dancing". Let's get back to that - everyone have a good day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    These 2 are my favourite dancers and I am so pleased that they have possible winners on their hands. I would love to see either win.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread still dragging on then. perhaps we should just ignore the OP and then the thread will die.

Still have to say I had lunch with Camilla a long while ago now and my Macmillan Charity boss was with me. She commented afterwards that Camilla was so slim and yet she was eating a hearty lunch and also that Camilla's skin was flawless and was without makeup at the time. She is very dynamic, a clued up business lady and also she is absolutely charming. I dont have a problem with her being thin, it is the natural way she is, I would love to have a fraction of her energy.

Erin I have met also and found her very pleasant. Ballroom dresses ( waltz and foxtrot in particular) are usually floaty as it expresses the character of the dance. Flavia's dress was floaty also though I didnt like it ( a bit too fussy) as much as Erins.
  • Options
    GEGGS37GEGGS37 Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why Did`nt You Just Burst.before You Wrote Such Nasty Stuff
  • Options
    fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    timey wrote: »
    I don't mind Camilla's legs but Lilia's are the best. :)

No they're not - Mark Foster's are. ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    I know people think this thread is ridiculous but people are entitled to say contradictory things and this forum doesn't have to be a complete love in for all the pros and celebs.

Yep, I'm with you on this. If it's not an Appreciation Thread then folk should be free to post comments on all things SCD (programmes, pros, celebs etc), and the only caveat being that all contibutions abide by DS Forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sports Fan wrote: »
    Yep, I'm with you on this. If it's not an Appreciation Thread then folk should be free to post comments on all things SCD (programmes, pros, celebs etc), and the only caveat being that all contibutions abide by DS Forum guidelines.

Exactly and not those of the posts. I just dont like how some people disagree with a thread and it's content and therefore say the OP is a horrible person just because they say something contradictory about a person on the show. Its pathetic to try to be nice about everything all the time and if you have a particular dislike about one of the pros why shouldn't you be able to say and start a proper debate.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly and not those of the posts. I just dont like how some people disagree with a thread and it's content and therefore say the OP is a horrible person just because they say something contradictory about a person on the show. Its pathetic to try to be nice about everything all the time and if you have a particular dislike about one of the pros why shouldn't you be able to say and start a proper debate.

Sorry, what are we supposed to be debating?:confused:

The veracity of the OP's assertion that Camilla's legs make them feel "physically sick"?

Whether we feel the OP is guilty of hyperbole, and in fact Camilla's legs are just not what they find attractive without any physical manifestation of nausea?

Should we be listing which bodily parts of any professional induce emesis for each of us (if any)?

I'm baffled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »

The veracity of the OP's assertion that Camilla's legs make them feel "physically sick"?

Whether we feel the OP is guilty of hyperbole, and in fact Camilla's legs are just not what they find attractive without any physical manifestation of nausea?

Should we be listing which bodily parts of any professional induce emesis for each of us (if any)?

I'm baffled.

The OP was referring to Camilla's legs looking to thin and making them feel sick. What I was referring to was her dance technique and how sometimes her legs are not as strong as some of the other girls in terms of locking them out and keeping them straight at the knee. Obviously I am not a pro dancer so what I was saying was debatable and what the OP was saying was slightly more derogatory, I understand that.
  • Options
    Forum Member

A proper debate about how Camilla's legs (NOT her technique) make people "physically sick"? Oh please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I don't wish to prolong the "legs" matter but its funny that Aristoc should choose Camilla to promote a range of tights. Checkout the pics of her modelling them. Fabulous! In my opinion, all the SCD girls have great legs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A proper debate about how Camilla's legs (NOT her technique) make people "physically sick"? Oh please.

No you misunderstood I actually met the opposite, a debate about her technique. It was the OP who said her legs make her feel sick not me.

Anway I think we should just let this thread die a natural death as its not getting anywhere.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whitewitch wrote: »
    The worlds obsession with underweight celebrities ie. Camilla, Keira Knightly et al perpetuates the need for them to be underweight and encourages young girls to be unhappy with their weights - which in turn leads them to slowly starve themselves to death.

Lilia, Ola, and whoever else you want to lump in with 'someone who dares be above a size 8' - are not fat.

I find thin people look like skeletons covered in skin.

Lilia, Ola, above a size 8? :eek: I'll believe that when I see the labels.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should just let this thread die... :( but anyway, this ^^ from Shappy is not necessarily true, at least in the short term. People who are "too thin" (and I am not getting more in to any sort of definition of what you / me might mean by that :rolleyes:) can still function quite 'normally', and in fact frequently have a load more energy (but it's nervous type energy) than others...

Perhaps someone who is unhealthily thin can still function "normally" if they lead a life with low to moderate physical activity, but I find it difficult to believe someone can compete in professional dancing for 10 years (or however long she has been doing it) without feeling some kind of effect if they are indeed starving their body. Therefore, I believe it is her natural shape and that she is not unhealthy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »

I'm baffled.

Sorry, I didn't realise that every thread started had to be some sort of deep thought-provoking argument.

Surely that means all the people who just come over for a chat, want to post messages of support for their favourite pros etc. are clearly not eligible to be here? You better get on those 'official XXX threads' and tell them to stop abusing the forum.

I don't subscribe to the theory that it's not OK to say these things on the forum - everyone's entitled to make public their opinions, positive or negative, and see if anyone agrees with them (which surely is the point of the post, for those of you wondering).

However, I would like to big up Muggsy for the phrase 'induce emesis', which must be the most erudite thing any of us'll ever see on a forum :D
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be impossible for Camilla to have done all she has if she didn't take proper care of her body. One thing she is noted for with her celebs is making sure they eat the right stuff at the right time...Like she does! :) She also works hard and paddles her own canoe, which more than makes up for matters of opinion about her legs for me :)

Funnily enough she said herself that she wishes she was curvier like Lilia, but Claudia said if she had a body like Camilla's she'd make love to herself every day...Everyone's different :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No you misunderstood I actually met the opposite, a debate about her technique. It was the OP who said her legs make her feel sick not me.

Anway I think we should just let this thread die a natural death as its not getting anywhere.

Fine, but then why add it to this thread? :confused: Your point might well be valid, the thread starter's one isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Perhaps someone who is unhealthily thin can still function "normally" if they lead a life with low to moderate physical activity, but I find it difficult to believe someone can compete in professional dancing for 10 years (or however long she has been doing it) without feeling some kind of effect if they are indeed starving their body. Therefore, I believe it is her natural shape and that she is not unhealthy.

Completely agree with you, but if you notice I did say "in the short term" in my original post.

*bows out of post*