US TV live in HD

On the NowTV box you CAN watch live TV in HD from the US

Comments

• ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you mean with USTVNow, which requires a sub - and a rather expensive one at that - although there are PVR features available allowing you to record to the cloud.

Still, if you are interested, there is a review here which even includes the Now TV or Roku channels.
  • Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    App has been removed/blocked now. Don't bother with Now TV if you want it for USTVNow, spend the extra money and get a proper Roku box.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Does it definitely still work with a Roku branded box? The message I get on my Now box is that it's been removed from Roku.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it definitely still work with a Roku branded box? The message I get on my Now box is that it's been removed from Roku.

No. It doesn't work. Seems USTV's streamed re-broadcasts - all from affiliate stations based in Pennsylvania, as far as I know - may be illegal since USTV does not appear to hold the rights to re-broadcast any of that content.

The channel is no longer being offered as part of the full Roku channel line-up either.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Madras wrote: »
    No. It doesn't work. Seems USTV's streamed re-broadcasts - all from affiliate stations based in Pennsylvania, as far as I know - may be illegal since USTV does not appear to hold the rights to re-broadcast any of that content.

The channel is no longer being offered as part of the full Roku channel line-up either.

I'll have to check if it is off Roku as well... it used to always just be a private channel.

Edit: This is still working for me on Roku, so it is probably more Sky cutting it because like Netflix, it airs shows that are also on their Sky packages, and thus direct competition.