Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    and a bloke clutching his chest and Daniel confirming he has Angina does not a medical story line make....

I'm amazed that Freya has the time at work as a trainee GP to be posting on a blog all the time? and I would have thought using a medical centre PC for this would definitely be frowned upon? Ii I was Cherry or Mandy I would have dropped her in it with the Practice Management for behaving unprofessionally with her colleagues and wasting work time ages ago...Freya is technically still on probation, in fact, I'm surprised Kevin hasn't informed on her to shore up his own position....

I thought the story line itself was OK (if not medical!) - many of us will have done one of those speeding courses. I was amazed by how much it did affect the way I drove after - seeing the damage you can do at 35 mph was pretty shocking. I didn't realise the guy was a plant so suppose it was good writing.

I was surprised at myself feeling quite disgusted at Jack's use of his parent's house for students to have sex. It's not the sex that bothers me but his feeling he can do what he likes in a house he's supposed to be looking after for his family. What will that nosey stuck-up neighbour think? presumably that he's running a brothel. Not a good accusation for a trainee Lawyer to be facing....
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    barbs wrote: »
    I was surprised at myself feeling quite disgusted at Jack's use of his parent's house for students to have sex. It's not the sex that bothers me but his feeling he can do what he likes in a house he's supposed to be looking after for his family. What will that nosey stuck-up neighbour think? presumably that he's running a brothel. Not a good accusation for a trainee Lawyer to be facing....

Both Hollins kids seem to have split personalities. One minute they're sticking their noses into strangers' lives and solemnly informing them what they're doing wrong, and the next they're doing far worse themselves. It's getting beyond a joke. Jack see-saws between being the most self-important moral arbiter and legal campaigner in the city, and being a seedy and lying perve. You'd get more coherence from walking into a wall.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    What will that nosey stuck-up neighbour think? presumably that he's running a brothel. Not a good accusation for a trainee Lawyer to be facing....

But that's exactly what he IS doing!
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    But that's exactly what he IS doing!

no hes not if he were running a brothel he would renting girls for sex not rooms , what hes doing is running a hotel where rooms are rented by the hour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    no hes not if he were running a brothel he would renting girls for sex not rooms , what hes doing is running a hotel where rooms are rented by the hour

Stupid boy! This soap is going from bad to worse with the current story lines, please, oh please, writers, get your act in gear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    sudie58 wrote: »
    crikey, you need to chill! i am sure it was meant in fun! :eek:

Yeah, thanks, it was meant in fun, I like Cherry, and Holly Vallance,and my gf likes that pirate bloke ( forget his name)

Chill sisters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks, it was meant in fun, I like Cherry, and Holly Vallance,and my gf likes that pirate bloke ( forget his name)

Chill sisters

Long john silver dear?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about it David. If I can have the added benefit of having some eye candy to drool over when I'm watching something it makes me a very happy girl! :o:D Or very shallow? *shrugs*

@Faye - thanks for the picture of the lovely Archie :cool: He had a small role in Waterloo Rd this week too apparently.

So today's instalment sounds like fun then (I haven't watched it yet). Jack renting out rooms by the hour? Classy eh? Leaving him in charge of that house wasn't a great idea but I suppose it was preferable to squatters. I wonder what the odds are of the family moving in but hordes of horny young couples turning up at the door thinking the arrangement still stands and Karen freaking out? :D I'm not keen on Jack though, he's a bit of an idiot most of the time but at least he shares the burden of idiocy with Immie so he's not alone!

It does amuse me though that whenever the police are called it's always Rob Hollins who turns up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am begining to hope that cherry stabs freya to death with a blunt biro
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely just listening to Cherry Chucklebust for any length of time would finish anyone off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel we haven't had enough 'medical' storylines of the day in the last week or so. It IS supposed to be about the Doctors and their patients, rather than the receptionist's children......and I for one have always enjoyed the Casualty-type guessing of what today's illness will be when we first meet the character. There have been too many episodes recently where the 'problem' has been more 'social' then 'medical' - I love an obscure illness myself (probably watch too much House... always going 'it's Lupus' at the screen) and I do think some of these storylines can be quite helpful (eg signs of diabetes and so on).

Still hoping that they'll set up a Blog somewhere online where we can post on Freya's blog.......I'd have SO much to say......

Couldnt agree more...am a huge House fan (have S1-7 on dvd but sadly have missed much of this last season) .. I like trying to guess the condition & getting it right :-)

Only watched first 10 mins or so but a) there have been 2 willy jokes so far and b)where do I know the gobby guy on the speed course from ?

PS Barbs - it's never Lupus ;)
  • Options
    barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    'gobby guy' was Adi Ferreira in EastEnders - one of the brothers who left for 'Leicester' as if it was a foreign country rather than an hour on the train!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'gobby guy' was Adi Ferreira in EastEnders - one of the brothers who left for 'Leicester' as if it was a foreign country rather than an hour on the train!

he looks just like my friend chris it wasnt til i saw chris on facebook tonight I realised where i knew hims from lol ( or not rather)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see one of the comments on the blog? It said "You need a good rapist". I do wonder if that's an indication that someone will try and harm Freya.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it David. If I can have the added benefit of having some eye candy to drool over when I'm watching something it makes me a very happy girl! :o:D Or very shallow? *shrugs*

@Faye - thanks for the picture of the lovely Archie :cool: He had a small role in Waterloo Rd this week too apparently.

So today's instalment sounds like fun then (I haven't watched it yet). Jack renting out rooms by the hour? Classy eh? Leaving him in charge of that house wasn't a great idea but I suppose it was preferable to squatters. I wonder what the odds are of the family moving in but hordes of horny young couples turning up at the door thinking the arrangement still stands and Karen freaking out? :D I'm not keen on Jack though, he's a bit of an idiot most of the time but at least he shares the burden of idiocy with Immie so he's not alone!

It does amuse me though that whenever the police are called it's always Rob Hollins who turns up :D
    I am begining to hope that cherry stabs freya to death with a blunt biro

Hi Lotteh. Are you new to Doctors.

Faye . Agree about Hollins always turning up, we need another plod like Jack Warner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Career as Pimp

P.S. I noticed that in tomorrow's "preview", Kevin gets a hottie in his surgery.

Jack and Kevin getting chicks on tap - there is hope for all men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Jack is an absolute idiot. I'm waiting for "American fling" to return to him up the duff! And Granny Karen saves the day and raises Jack's child so he can continue to waste away his uni education...after he gets out of jail for running a brothel.

I cannot believe Cherry was serious when she suggested that Freya was addicted to blogging. What?!? Is she 12? She's been reading way too much into NHS info pamphlets methinks.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry got right on my nerves in yesterday's episode - who does she think whe is?
    Also annoying were Kevin, Freya, Mandy and Jack.
    Maybe I should stop watching? :D

If Jack wants to be a lawyer he needs to start working a bit harder. If I recall a few weeks ago he was in trouble at the uni for not working hard enough - he doesn't seem to be working any harder now. IRL law is an extremely tough career and he is just not cut out for it. The nasty part of me hopes a storyline will be him failing his degree or not getting a job.
    My son has worked hard for his degree and when he graduates this summer (fingers crossed) he knows there is no hope in getting a job in his chosen career. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    My personal wish is that Jack will be up before the beak with his sister and get a monumental fine for his illegal activities. I mean, thre must be all sorts of laws about running such an operation in a private house, not to mention him not paying TVA, no planning permission, er, one could go on and on about the number of laws he has broken. If he pases his exams I'd not want him as my lawyer, not that I think that's likely now. Oh yes and Rob and Karen will refuse to pay their fine!

Oh heavens, get rid of Miss Fluff Cherry and the idiot Freya In fact it's time for some new, intelligent blood in the cast. As other posters have remarked, it's called "Doctors" so is it too much to ask can we have them doing a bit of doctoring?
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally love Doctors but lately I'm finding it tiresome..fed up of Kevin and his women dramas..bored of Miss pinky and her ego.

And as for Julia...well.

Cant warm to Mandy either sadly.

But did find yesterdays ep funny..I had it on the planner as I was out..doing my speed awareness course! so had a laugh at that storyline.
  • Options
    annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Freya's blog is so tiresome and she seems to have forgotten about it for the best part of a year yet now it is all consuming again:yawn: I know some say they are warming to Kevin - don't get it, he's still the same juvenile creep he's always been Don't know why the writers think he and Jack are so attractive to women - both are miserable and whingeing. can't remember Jack ever seeming happy, fun person. Could never understand it when Zara was so keen to climb into bed (and elsewhere) with him apart from the obvious plot device of aggravating Karen - he just seemed too schoolboyish and glum:confused: Apart from Daniel,the last attractive men were Nick and Ronnie, thought Rob was OK initially but he is so under the thumb (apart from the abortion which made me dislike him). Jimmy used to be cute but he has been so diminished by Cherry that his character (and singing voice) has disappeared.
  • Options
    annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Oh No. As if i didn't hate Kevin enough. He says 'Haitch' instead of 'aitch' AAAAh:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happened to Elaine's great mental/emotional problems? Did I doze off and miss the end to that plotline or did the writers just get bored with it??
  • Options
    MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I am actually finding the Freya story interesting. Sometimes people can get obsessed with things to their detriment.

When I was her age I remember getting a computer and access to the internet... Got into chatting and would do all night sessions. Sometimes I did fall asleep at work!! I was an audio typist and I remember one day when I was sort of nodding off and when I read back the letter I had typed it went from english into gobbly gook and back into english.

Then about 8 years ago I was going through a bad patch and had a person I was really attached to online and I got into e-mailing him just so I could get through the day. My boss called me into her office and presented me with a pile of paper about an inch to 2 inches high and said that this is how many e-mail messages I had sent in the last week to this person!!

So it is very easy to get obsessed with things instead of doing the things you know you should be doing.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Hi Lotteh. Are you new to Doctors.

Faye . Agree about Hollins always turning up, we need another plod like Jack Warner

Hi David! Yes, I started watching last year when Mrs Tembe was being horribly racially harassed by her neighbours so I think that counts as a relative newcomer.

This thread has been invaluable for cluing up on things that happened before I began watching - I wasn't even aware that Freya and Kevin were up for the same job! Plus the history of the characters though I'm still a bit confused when it comes to Zara previously being called another name etc :confused:
    MissyQ wrote: »
    I am actually finding the Freya story interesting. Sometimes people can get obsessed with things to their detriment.

When I was her age I remember getting a computer and access to the internet... Got into chatting and would do all night sessions. Sometimes I did fall asleep at work!! I was an audio typist and I remember one day when I was sort of nodding off and when I read back the letter I had typed it went from english into gobbly gook and back into english.

Then about 8 years ago I was going through a bad patch and had a person I was really attached to online and I got into e-mailing him just so I could get through the day. My boss called me into her office and presented me with a pile of paper about an inch to 2 inches high and said that this is how many e-mail messages I had sent in the last week to this person!!

So it is very easy to get obsessed with things instead of doing the things you know you should be doing.

Interesting post. I can see why you might empathise with Freya :) Did you keep your job after the 2in stack of papers? Or was that the shock you needed to sort yourself out and you're OK now?

I however want to give Freya a kick up the @rse! She is being absolutely ridiculous and completely unprofessional :mad: Interesting point Zara made about patient confidentiality, if anyone finds out who this blogger is then the patients could possibly be compromised. Disgusting behaviour IMO. Plus she's alienating her friends and colleagues and today told her job is at risk. What more will it take before she stops? Step away from the blog Freya!

At the moment, if I really had to choose between the two of them, I'd give the job to Kevin! Freya is so confident that she'd win over him that it would be great seeing her brought down a peg or two :cool:
This discussion has been closed.