Options

Leona Lewis - Burn (Ellie Goulding new single)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Owwww Rodney how a fan has fallen. Me thinks you need to get back on LLAT and get cheered up by mr saxman.

Our Leona is flying. Maybe not up the charts but always in our collective hearts :)

Sorry but I can't put up with yet another fiasco of an album launch that will be screwed up:D
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I can't put up with yet another fiasco of an album launch that will be screwed up:D

Hope is a line you hold on to because it counts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Hope is a line you hold on to because it counts!

No one would be happier for her than me if she has a massive return, but I can't see that happening whilst she's signed to the same rubbish label.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Probably the same thing when they passed on Impossible by Shontelle, We Found Love by Rihanna, Got To Love You by Sean Paul ft Alexis Jordan and Blank Page by Christina Aguilera.

They clearly don't recognise hit songs.

As much as I love Leona and her voice, I'm starting to think the real problem is her lack of charisma and personality. I imagine her singing Blank Page and I know it would have been more controlled, less shouty and "technically" better than Christina's, but it wouldn't have had even 5% of the emotion and conviction. Rihanna is nowhere near Leona's ability in singing but her personality carries off We Found Love in a way Leona couldn't have. Similarly with Impossible, Leona could have done it as much justice as Shontelle but she couldn't have got the feeling into it that James Arthur did.

Her record label have let her down and her promotion has been shockingly lacking, but I don't know how much of a star Leona would be even with the right team behind her.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Leona and her voice, I'm starting to think the real problem is her lack of charisma and personality. I imagine her singing Blank Page and I know it would have been more controlled, less shouty and "technically" better than Christina's, but it wouldn't have had even 5% of the emotion and conviction. Rihanna is nowhere near Leona's ability in singing but her personality carries off We Found Love in a way Leona couldn't have. Similarly with Impossible, Leona could have done it as much justice as Shontelle but she couldn't have got the feeling into it that James Arthur did.

Her record label have let her down and her promotion has been shockingly lacking, but I don't know how much of a star Leona would be even with the right team behind her.

You can't love Leona that much if you think she lacks charisma and personality. Her real fans know that it's actually the opposite.

As for her not being able to give as much emotion or conviction, that's a matter of opinion. I listen to Christina Aguilera sing and all I hear is somebody trying their best to show off their vocal range. I listen to Leona and I feel and believe every word she's singing. Comparing Leona's Burn and Ellie's, Leona's has so much more emotion for me than Ellie's.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Her version of Bleeding Love and Run are pure class. However, her studio versions don't sound as good as her live versions, her voice is less mechanical and has real tones to it, she is in my view a better singer live than she is a studio artist.

Her live version of First Time is just stunning.

But she does need to be more forceful in interviews.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The career that died a thousand times!!!!
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Leona Lewizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The career that died a thousand times!!!!

Still more successful then you'll ever be, so keep it shut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her version of Bleeding Love and Run are pure class. However, her studio versions don't sound as good as her live versions, her voice is less mechanical and has real tones to it, she is in my view a better singer live than she is a studio artist.

Her live version of First Time is just stunning.

But she does need to be more forceful in interviews.

I agree, her live version of "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" gives me chills. She has a sincerity and dignity that really carries off ballads but I think her personality fails her when she tries to get other kinds of songs across. And yes, in interviews, she doesn't make much of an impression at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Still more successful then you'll ever be, so keep it shut.

And how do you measure success - it's a very subjective measurement!!!!!!

I am not a singer - but how do you know I am not more successful than Leona Lewis (depends what you put in as a measurement of success)?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    And how do you measure success - it's a very subjective measurement!!!!!!

I am not a singer - but how do you know I am not more successful than Leona Lewis (depends what you put in as a measurement of success)?

The fact you feel pressed on a forum about a person says a lot about you. The fact you aren't mature enough to put only one '!' at the end of a sentence to make something clear.

Your comments come over as childish imo, that's why.
    Next >>