Corrie's Andrea...

Comments

• sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,400
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Her and Dan Wiston (spelling?) together on Dancing on Ice was my worst nightmare!

They were awful. Couldn't stand that needy look she gave the judges, or the tears if they liked her. Don't like Andrea the character, but Lloyd is more annoying than her right now - so desperate it's pathetic.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,400
    Forum Member
    Moon Eyes disgusted me last night.
    Her thoughtful husband had spent hours cooking her a lovely meal for her to grin at, and she just didn't want to know.

He'd laid the table beautifully, had a nice bottle of wine chilling in an ice bucket, and had even gotten all his cooking times spot on so it was ready to serve as soon as her grin came through the door, closely followed by her moon eyes, and then finally the rest of her.

But what did she do?
    Rubbed her grinning neck, said she was tired, and shot off upstairs for an 'early night.'
    Early night be buggered!
    It was only 3:30 in the afternoon, fricking Deal or No Deal hadn't even come on yet.

So we've learned that Moon Eyes has a nice house with nice furnishings, a loving, caring, attentive husband, no visible money worries, an adult daughter - and she wants to trade that 'unhappy' existence in to live with a whinging, wheezing, sweating, pot less, prat of a bloke who stinks of BO (probably) in a hovel of a flat above a cab office.

Just as you do like.

Pathetic Lloyd has had some equally pathetic girlfriends in his time, but old Moon Eyes takes the bloody biscuit.
    Really hope her hubby breaks both of his legs, and his back.

Lloyd was planning on buying a plant or some flowers for his hovel. He's doing his best.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe she didn't eat that meal at least!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of Andrea, felt sorry for her husband. On saying that Lloyd is just as annoying, I am not interested in him or his love life anymore, he has a worse track record than Steve getting. And why must all his girlfriends always move into his little flat?
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Anyone else not feeling this character?
    I find her "acting" incredibly hammy and stilted...particularly those painful scenes with the husband with her gormless facial expressions:blush:
    I expected much more from her....I give her six months at this rate before she joins Tiny, Mandy, Jenna and Flash in the back of a taxi:(

Yes, I feel the same way. I can't say I "hate" her exactly, but I certainly haven't taken to the character and the standard of acting is poor.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm haven't really warmed to Andrea however I loved Hayley on DOI...that Jai Ho routine was great, didn't watch her in ED so have no idea on her previous acting style but maybe Andrea is just a smiley person? She's got two men that want her, I would be sleeping like I had a coat hanger in my mouth too.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I don't like her, I don't like Lloyd and I don't like this stupid story line. The only saving grace is it'll be over before very long. Lloyd must be really crap in bed because the women never hang around long :kitty:
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the perils of being told 'You have a lovely smile' at an impressionable age. Almost as bad as being told 'you've got a dirty laugh'.

40 years later you're still gurning and hawking away. People look away politely.

If you've been affected by the issues raised in tonight's episode, talk to someone who cares.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i hate this woman :(
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Theyve written her and her husband all wrong.

Shes a housewive and her husband earns a lot. Hes a lovely bloke and they live in a large nice house.

Why would she be interested in lloyd? She fancied steve but got knocked back so went after lloyd. Thing is shes got nothing to gain. If her husband had a back story like he beat her, was a drug addict, had no money etc you could understand it.

But how hes so nice and they have a perfect life, it seems odd she would be spending so much time on the street.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

Shes a housewive and her husband earns a lot. Hes a lovely bloke and they live in a large nice house.

Why would she be interested in lloyd? She fancied steve but got knocked back so went after lloyd. Thing is shes got nothing to gain. If her husband had a back story like he beat her, was a drug addict, had no money etc you could understand it.

But how hes so nice and they have a perfect life, it seems odd she would be spending so much time on the street.

I think you've actually hit the nail on the head as to why she has gone after Lloyd it could be a case of being 'bored' with the whole comfort zone set up, nice husband, house and life. Lloyd the opposite so that makes him exciting, in a way. Like someone once said "a comfort zone is a lovely place but nothing ever grows there".
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you've actually hit the nail on the head as to why she has gone after Lloyd it could be a case of being 'bored' with the whole comfort zone set up, nice husband, house and life. Lloyd the opposite so that makes him exciting, in a way. Like someone once said "a comfort zone is a lovely place but nothing ever grows there".

Except for flabby skin and pubic hair... ;-)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this daughter she has suddenly acquired?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

Hes not exciting though. He lives a pretty boring life of working in a taxi place and hanging out at the local boozer. His flat is nothing to write home about.

I can kind of understand her fancying steve, theres the thrill of the chase because he has a girlfriend, the fact that he owns a pub which might attract her and the fact they have something in common, ie the degree course.

It just seems odd that shes so into lloyd. Its very forced that she wasnt into lloyd until steve rejected her and now shes madly in love with him.

Presumably we are meant to think shes used to the finer things in life, so it would be more realistic if she was after someone wealthier like nick, or younger like kal. Lloyd just seems to be a really obscure pairing although i suppose he was all that was available when the storyline kicked off!

Does she have a daughter or is that something shes made up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes not exciting though. He lives a pretty boring life of working in a taxi place and hanging out at the local boozer. His flat is nothing to write home about.

I can kind of understand her fancying steve, theres the thrill of the chase because he has a girlfriend, the fact that he owns a pub which might attract her and the fact they have something in common, ie the degree course.

It just seems odd that shes so into lloyd. Its very forced that she wasnt into lloyd until steve rejected her and now shes madly in love with him.

Presumably we are meant to think shes used to the finer things in life, so it would be more realistic if she was after someone wealthier like nick, or younger like kal. Lloyd just seems to be a really obscure pairing although i suppose he was all that was available when the storyline kicked off!

Does she have a daughter or is that something shes made up?

but that's the thing sometimes the difference, however humdrum they seem to others, are exciting to people who want a change and aren't use to that. There have been stories of person who have an aristocratic background, who have money at their disposable and don't have to answer to anyone - not much anyway, going out with petty criminals. It's the old age opposites attract thing. I also think that part of it to keep on Steve's radar, I don't think we should forget about that anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Cant bear the woman, she has one of those faces that is just begging for a slap
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Ah, the perils of being told 'You have a lovely smile' at an impressionable age. Almost as bad as being told 'you've got a dirty laugh'.

40 years later you're still gurning and hawking away. People look away politely.

If you've been affected by the issues raised in tonight's episode, talk to someone who cares.
    PMSL! :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doesn't she work in a hotel or something? She's always going on about working late, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moon Eyes disgusted me last night.
    Her thoughtful husband had spent hours cooking her a lovely meal for her to grin at, and she just didn't want to know.

He'd laid the table beautifully, had a nice bottle of wine chilling in an ice bucket, and had even gotten all his cooking times spot on so it was ready to serve as soon as her grin came through the door, closely followed by her moon eyes, and then finally the rest of her.

But what did she do?
    Rubbed her grinning neck, said she was tired, and shot off upstairs for an 'early night.'
    Early night be buggered!
    It was only 3:30 in the afternoon, fricking Deal or No Deal hadn't even come on yet.

So we've learned that Moon Eyes has a nice house with nice furnishings, a loving, caring, attentive husband, no visible money worries, an adult daughter - and she wants to trade that 'unhappy' existence in to live with a whinging, wheezing, sweating, pot less, prat of a bloke who stinks of BO (probably) in a hovel of a flat above a cab office.

Just as you do like.

Pathetic Lloyd has had some equally pathetic girlfriends in his time, but old Moon Eyes takes the bloody biscuit.
    Really hope her hubby breaks both of his legs, and his back.[/QUOTE]

Why? His wife is the one that's cheating. He has no kind of contract with Lloyd.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I think the last few posts have brought up interesting points, like why the hell would she be interested in Lloyd in the first place?! Not to mention that he has become a complete sap since embarking on a relationship with her...like a talking Mills & Boon novel which is a complete turn off and makes any woman run for the hills:(
    I just can't buy into their relationship at all and I get the feeling that the writers are confused too.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

I agree. As a character, I think she's too boring to hate, but I don't see any point to her. Her husband seems like a sweetheart who does everything for her. I get that there are happy, married people who have affairs because they are looking for excitement or whatever, but what excitement would Lloyd bring her? If it was an affair for purely selfish, sexual reasons then I could understand an affair with Jason, but Lloyd?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    Forgetting for a moment soap's normal treatment of women, which is just as bad if not worse, but concentrating on the fact that as soon as a woman appears fluttering her eyelashes, most soap blokes turn into total, gullible idiots. Can Lloyd not see that she is suspicious, shifty, hiding things, never around when he needs her, always having some excuse for not doing things ? No, as usual, as a soap bloke, he can see no further than the end of the bedposts. Great character.
  • matty200matty200 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Obvs a few insecure people on this thread to be nasty about someone's physical appearance !! #standard
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lloyds daughter is an educated woman, so I assume she is intelligent. I think she would have taken the time to seek out Andrea's situation - electoral roll, workplace, etc - especially as she doesn't trust her. .
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just a plot device for Lloyd because the writers and producer can't think of anything else for the character. Once Andrea leaves (hopefully) his next storyline will be getting a new girlfriend who has another secret (and as predictable as before).

Its amazing how many irritating, pointless, plot device characters Blackburn introduces