Options

Nice to see Jake and James from SK taking the competition seriously....NOT!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMinLondon wrote: »
    in my book the girls are slappers as they are sleeping with someone just because they are 'famous'

That is not being sexist.

Yes, it is.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen Jake naked.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,997
    Forum Member
    I know that but it is kind of a double standard to me...:confused: The whole reason Frankie was thrown off X Factor was because of drugs etc..

He was kicked off for taking drugs whilst competing on the show which Jake has not been accused of
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a young guys dream shagging about on this show.
  • Options
    JMinLondonJMinLondon Posts: 1,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Yes, it is.

Please explain why?

It would only be sexist if I thought badly of them and not of any boys trying to sleep with the female acts on the show.

I would be just as cutting in my thoughts of them - it just happens that I do not know of any male groupies after any of the girls.
  • Options
    Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Please explain why?

It would only be sexist if I thought badly of them and not of any boys trying to sleep with the female acts on the show.

I would be just as cutting in my thoughts of them - it just happens that I do not know of any male groupies after any of the girls.

Its sexist because you are calling the girls slappers yet when you mention boys you call them ' groupies '!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous - please let me know the correct term for a male slapper so I can use that in future
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it Gigalo ? lol
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my book the girls are slappers as they are sleeping with someone just because they are 'famous'

That is not being sexist.

So sleeping with someone because they are famous is bad, but sleeping with someone just because you're famous is ok? Or does that only apply when the famous people in question are male?

The fact that you acknowledge that there's no male equivalent of the word slapper, makes it obvious that you know it's a sexist word.
  • Options
    Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    So sleeping with someone because they are famous is bad, but sleeping with someone just because you're famous is ok? Or does that only apply when the famous people in question are male?

The fact that you acknowledge that there's no male equivalent of the word slapper, makes it obvious that you know it's a sexist word.

I wish there was a clap hands smiley! Well said!

That was my point, it's alright saying ' ridiculous ' when you're obviously a bloke and also seem to be a sexist!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a clap hands smiley! Well said!

That was my point, it's alright saying ' ridiculous ' when you're obviously a bloke and also seem to be a sexist!

So I am sexist because the English language does not have an equivalent word for a male slapper?
    I am going to use the word Malappers - male slappers

All I was trying to say was that people throwing themselves at someone who is famous are slappers/malappers whatever their sex and that you can hardly blame the boys for taking advantage as that is what they are - boys.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're as bad as each other. Girls for wanting to sleep with someone because they are apparently famous and these two for using their 15 minutes of fame to pull girls.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I am sexist because the English language does not have an equivalent word for a male slapper?
    I am going to use the word Malappers - male slappers

All I was trying to say was that people throwing themselves at someone who is famous are slappers/malappers whatever their sex and that you can hardly blame the boys for taking advantage as that is what they are - boys.

It's an inherently sexist word. No one blamed you because there's no equivalent. You chose to use it.

"Throwing" yourself at someone famous doesn't make you a slapper. If you fancy someone, what's the big deal? Why are people constantly **** shaming others for their sex life?

I'm not sure if "you can hardly blame the boys for taking advantage as that is what they are - boys" is more insulting to women or men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant they are boys, as in kids not adults.

when they are older and wiser will realise not best way to act.