Options

Masterchef Australia Allstars

Comments

• Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Oh great, my Callum crush gets a top of page for everyone to see for ages!
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Lol!!! I am being won over by his adorkable charm!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it - I love how he's a bit scruffy and never knows where to put his feet when they're lining up, and how his hair goes everywhere. And he's so smiley, it's adorable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate and Callum are just consistently good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohhh I am going to miss Julie - just watching her talk to her pressure cooker was hilarious!!!
  • Options
    freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    Brilliant show but even more brillianter - the return of Ben & Andy and Amina and Julia!

I did think Julie was channelling series 4 with her 'beauuuudiful' pork belly but it all went belly up for her and she ended up doing a medallion :D

Isn't it great - don't you feel you want to smile - isn't Curtis Stone fabulous, isn't Callum still such an awkward teenager but a grown man - didn't you always want to know how to take the choke out of an arti! :D

Think I must have inhaled some of Kate's caramel - I feel all sugar rushy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Blimey Curtis Stone has put on - well a few stone!!!

Very odd as he's the chef used on The Biggest Loser USA advising people on how to cook for weight loss!

My mother has the surname Stone in her genealogy and they went to Australia so of course I'm going to claim him as a long lost cousin once or twice removed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Oh Callum! Argh! I'm scared now - why choose the artichoke? Come oooon Callum! I can't be doing without a bit of Callum at 7 o'clock.

:D That made me laugh - up until the tasting of that dish I wasn't aware of how much I would miss Callum if he wasn't there. Has anyone noticed his dancing eyebrows when his food is being tasted? I'm transfixed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    freckle59 wrote: »
    Very odd as he's the chef used on The Biggest Loser USA advising people on how to cook for weight loss!
    Well that's what I thought! Oh the irony!!!
    My mother has the surname Stone in her genealogy and they went to Australia so of course I'm going to claim him as a long lost cousin once or twice removed :D

I think he actually ATE one of your cousins, so I would say DEFINITELY removed!
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re MC Pro
    This year has 24 episodes - 4 a week (1 x 30 mins and 3 x 60 mins episodes a week) :)

Thanks. I wanted to find out exactly that, but I dared not risk Googling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    freckle59 wrote: »
    Brilliant show but even more brillianter - the return of Ben & Andy and Amina and Julia!

I did think Julie was channelling series 4 with her 'beauuuudiful' pork belly but it all went belly up for her and she ended up doing a medallion :D

Isn't it great - don't you feel you want to smile - isn't Curtis Stone fabulous, isn't Callum still such an awkward teenager but a grown man - didn't you always want to know how to take the choke out of an arti! :D

Think I must have inhaled some of Kate's caramel - I feel all sugar rushy :D

:D It's the sugar rushy show, does the same to me.
    Pleased with who remains (polite way of saying am glad Julie has gone, just don't get her cooking at all). Justine next hopefully, she's so keen to do things "right", maybe she's worried it will reflect on her show if she does badly.

But how GOOD does tomorrow's look???! Brokeback boys and feeding the masses. Can't wait. :)
  • Options
    bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimmypink wrote: »
    :D It's the sugar rushy show, does the same to me.
    Pleased with who remains (polite way of saying am glad Julie has gone, just don't get her cooking at all). Justine next hopefully, she's so keen to do things "right", maybe she's worried it will reflect on her show if she does badly.

But how GOOD does tomorrow's look???! Brokeback boys and feeding the masses. Can't wait. :)

Agreed with all of the above... why all the tears when Julie talked about the charity??? cringe cringe cringe... if this were an acting competition she would have been out in the first round....:o
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay the bromance is back tomorrow!

I'd never watched Masterchef Australia before the last series. I think that Callum is adorable.

Was Dani that annoying before and how did Julie win?
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol!!! I am being won over by his adorkable charm!

LMAO! Love this :D Anyone else go "awwwwww..." when he said "crumbs ... both ways - crumbs as in swearing ...." I just wanted to give him a hug!

So excited for the Brokeback boys and Amina and the Juliabot coming back tomrrow too :)

Thank goodness it wasn't Audra - could you imagined dear Callum's face if he got a straddle as a welcome? :eek:

To GuttedGirl - Julie had the best idea in the world for a cookbook, which I truly believe helped her win.

Now that Marion has gone (and thankfully Poh, can't watch her now without thinking about her head opening up completely like in the toothpaste advert - thanks freckle!) I'm all for a male winner. Chris has been my favourite from the beginning, but Callum's awkwardness has just made him so endearing

PS: Nothing better on a nightshift than to read up everyone's comments, so thank you all for the continuing entertainment :)
  • Options
    MARI XXMARI XX Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Yay the bromance is back tomorrow!

I'd never watched Masterchef Australia before the last series. I think that Callum is adorable.

Was Dani that annoying before and how did Julie win?

Julie was a surprise winner but she overcame many elimination challenges, usually as she would be first to admit that there was always someone just slightly weaker than herself. She also had the strongest vision for a cookbook and to her credit although sometimes her dishes lack finesse they are the ones that you would most want to taste. Dani was always annoying! But to give her credit she did very well in creative tests not so good if having to follow a recipe
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARI XX wrote: »
    Julie was a surprise winner but she overcame many elimination challenges, usually as she would be first to admit that there was always someone just slightly weaker than herself. She also had the strongest vision for a cookbook and to her credit although sometimes her dishes lack finesse they are the ones that you would most want to taste. Dani was always annoying! But to give her credit she did very well in creative tests not so good if having to follow a recipe

The only series I haven't seen was series 3, so had no preconceived ideas about Dani - but wow! her voice goes right through you doesn't it?!

I love all the cuddleyness about AllStars - get the feeling that I will be smiling at the telly for the whole hour tomorrow (if I'm not setting Callum's Dancing Eyebrows to music)
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information about Julie and Dani.

I think that Chris is probably the strongest performer so far, but I'm really enjoying it and it does make me smile. I'm also not accessing any websites before the final!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I love Callum. :D

http://twitpic.com/bkxuf8 <-- thought I'd share this. He's doing a project at the moment where he is only eating non perishables, tinned food etc, to demonstrate what the poorest people have to live on. It's on his blog too, but that has spoilers as to the Allstars winner, so I won't post that link til another time, but this photo is just a bit from the paper, it's safe to see.
  • Options
    honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew finally caught up :)
    Oooh no - were they a bit daggery??

Oh I think so, once in the house before going to the kitchen and once when cooking as they passed by the fridges.

Loved last nights episode and soooo looking forward to tonights :D
    Callum is such a cutie he just appeals to my mothering instinct and I have really warmed to Chris this time round I hope he does well.

What am I going to do when it's all over :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    honeypot wrote: »
    Callum is such a cutie he just appeals to my mothering instinct

Yeah... I'm not so sure it's my mothering instinct that he appeals to. :o

Also HAHAHAHAHA, what the hell is going on here?
    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Callum+Hann+Australian+Nickelodeon+Kid+Choice+f-rS-On-yAyl.jpg (no spoilers, don't worry)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, look at Matt's cravat! It's all skulls and crossbones!
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode is making me realise how much i dislike Ben and his constant sucking up/loving of Andy.

It really is quite creepy and just makes me want to puke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have just walked in so will need to catch up with this tomorrow - have have the class of 2012 coped with working with the Allstars (or should that be the other way around?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    This episode is making me realise how much i dislike Ben and his constant sucking up/loving of Andy.

It really is quite creepy and just makes me want to puke.

I think if I was Justine and I'd seen that I'd be very VERY scared! :D It was a bit :eek:

Wasn't that a great episode though! I warmed to Julia in the very last episode and so I was pleased to see her back. Amina was great and I think Callum had been primed about the physical contact side cos all the others did the parisienne cheek air kiss but he held his hand out quite firmly to shake hands and stood well back.

I thought Andy and Justine looked great as a pair - nothing to do with the food! - but they didn't seem to have any chemistry at all that we were shown. I'm pleased really cos we've had enough bromance/romance/fauxmance on this show and it would detract from it in my opinion.

Thought all four meals looked yummy but did agree with the judges that they looked a bit meagre! :D

Bandersist - I agree about Julie's acting skills. My son walked in when she was going on about the charity the other night and he's nowhere near as 'street wise' or 'cynical' or whatever you want to call it as I am but he said - "She sounds gutted to be giving that to them and not keeping it herself". I have no doubt thats completely wrong but he sensed insincerity of some sort and thats how he interpreted it.

Sooooo Kate is through to the Grand Finale. Is that two or three people? I can't remember if they do an 'x factor' style elimination on the day from 3 people and then just have the final two do the last challenge. You'd never believe I've followed this programme for four years - I cannot remember the details at all! :D

I do love it though and hope the Professionals keeps to this style and format! Sadly no Gary or George in that but Matt Preston is there. How different he looks from the original series - thank gawd that foppish hairstyle has gone!

Ok now I'm waffling :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm not so sure it's my mothering instinct that he appeals to. :o

Also HAHAHAHAHA, what the hell is going on here?
    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Callum+Hann+Australian+Nickelodeon+Kid+Choice+f-rS-On-yAyl.jpg (no spoilers, don't worry)

Some serious eyebrow action going on there as well! :D