can anyone here who speaks Italian help translate this Andrea interview?

2»

Comments

• MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    The funny thing is I actually find Italian considerably easier than English, to me it's exactly what it says on the tin pretty much, for the most part everything is spelled as it's pronounced and pronounced as it's spelled.

I was only 5 When we moved to Italy and 10 when we moved back to England.
    Now I can't remember, but at the age of 5 I must have spoken English? Well when we moved back to England, I did not know a single word in English apart from "no" and that's the same in italian lol
    On the plus side, I was fluent in Italian and a lot of it stuck :D

Oh yes - Italian being phonetic is a big help. The complex grammar not so much.

You are so lucky having that fluency. It would probably come back very fast after a few days back in Italy. I'm envious!
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes - Italian being phonetic is a big help. The complex grammar not so much.

You are so lucky having that fluency. It would probably come back very fast after a few days back in Italy. I'm envious!

It is exactly what I find on visiting Italy, within a week or so it's back to rolling off the tongue :D
  • faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    This is the gist of what he said.

He comes across as a very nice fellow, this is never the same as actually listening to him and understanding because of the tones, the smiles and the laughter but here you go.

He says he's sincere and goes on to to say that the x factor experience is mad and he is very happy about how he is living the experience.
    He goes on to say he feels the experience is forming him not only as an artist but as a human being because it's the first time he finds himself living in a foreign country far from his family, friends and everything.

He goes on to say he's also very happy about how he's living it because he's very serene and not one to preoccupy , again he says he's happy and hopes to carry on living the experience like this.

He goes on to say up until 2 months ago he sang in his little room every day, every afternoon, he would sing between chores & often while not realizing find himself singing while in the middle of doing something, he goes on to say he think it's an instinct he has & that it's probably natural that he has it given that singing is his greatest passion, he goes on to say he guesses he'd like for this to be his life, summing it up by saying he guesses one does everything to try and create it.

He goes on to say when he was little 12/13 year old he participated in Italy on a television show called I'll leave you a song and that nothing came off of it.
    After the show he attempted the Italian X Factor 3 times but didn't make it saying he didn't even make it to the judges, the fourth time, this year, they took him, he made it to the judges and received 4 yeses only then he also received 4 yeses here in England and so arrived at the point were he had to make a decision and chose England.

He goes on to say it was a dream he had for a long time and that he invested a lot in the journey “if we can call it that”, he says he made a lot of sacrifices in terms of his study and finances, going on to say the finances more from his parents than from him while adding it seemed the correct decision even if the risk seemed gigantic and also adding he is very happy that he took the risk.

He goes on to describe a typical day in the x factor, saying you wake up very early because here no one sleeps, the car picks you up and you're off to rehearsals were you deal with your vocals, your choreography, select your song and so forth for the following week adding every now and then you give an interview and basically saying you are kept very busy.

He goes on to say it's such a new thing that's never happened to him and probably the other contestants too that he approaches all his schedule with enthusiasm and isn't affected by the busy schedule in terms of being tired.

He goes on to say regarding the experience that he lives the moment and is enjoying it, he adds he is very happy that Italy appear to be supporting him and the Italians living in England of which there are a lot support him and continually write to him.
    He adds that he's very happy with the British public because they have made him feel very welcomed making him feel loved saying something he never expected. He ads he recalls arriving to England with his little suitcase never expecting such a warm welcome.

He goes on to say it's mad, there's this program here called gogglebox explaining what it is.
    He says in one scene Kate Moss is talking about being obsessed with him adding it's mad and thanking Kate.

He goes on to say he's aware that it's a TV show and everything can change in one hour adding at the end of the day he's enjoying the experience so much and in a very serene manner that if he was to go the day after tomorrow, he wouldn't say it doesn't interest him because it does and some! But he thinks he can confront it with the right attitude and thinks if he lives it like it's not to end but the beginning all will be well.
    He sounds like a great guy.I quite like him.He, Fleur and Ben are my favourites:)