Royal Variety

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It's different going from a band where there are four others and you only sing parts then being a solo artist. She's only done a handful of performances since she's been solo.

She sung live tonight, you could see the mic was on, she looked nervous and her hand was shaking. The backing singers helped with 'The Floooooooooooood' bits in the chorus. And for about 15 seconds she went out of pitch, if it was pre-recorded this would not be left in.

She done well, the fact you thought she was miming is a compliment.

I agree!
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm, the cast of Les Mis, Alfie Boe and Colm Wilkinson just made her look like a very weak singer.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl who was doing Dorothy mimed, but hey nobody says anything about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Wow, she really looks terrified up there doesn't she? Has she never heard of beta blockers? I'm embarrassed to come out and say I think she sang some of it live, and I am generally quite good at spotting the most deceptive miming jobs. The end of her performance felt like an apology for the whole thing though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if she didn't mime the WHOLE thing, parts were definitley mimed and autotune was definitley present. I don't understand why she isn't capable of singing a full song live. Every 'live' performance that she does is tainted by the magic 'miming/autotune' wand to a lesser or higher extent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No she didn't...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are take that miming? It all sounds too in tune. 2nd song is awful,,,,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member

No she wasn't! Fact!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member

No she defintely did not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't...
    No she wasn't! Fact!
    Jazz_Hands wrote: »
    No she defintely did not.

I saw no microphone :o
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was really subtly tucked under her fringe. Watch it back and youll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member

The mic was under her hair on her forehead. Mainly so you can see them sing!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    It was really subtly tucked under her fringe. Watch it back and youll see.
    The mic was under her hair on her forehead. Mainly so you can see them sing!!!

Oh....I thought what was a spot :o

/end embarrassing moment.
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many theatre shows use these: http://www.brightandloud.com/microphone-placement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZICSiE_UF8

There's the performance.

I really don't understand how anyone can think that isn't live.
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffa didn't mime all the time.Only the difficult parts were mimed.Even the easier parts she had a large help from the backing singers & she even messed that up a little bit.You cannot sing while you are chewing a Mic (although having the mic so close to your lips does cover up how badly you mime).The high bit is auto-tuned / pitch corrected up to give the appearance she is singing high - as others have said it takes effort to hit a high note like that.She couldn't even put an act into it like she was putting effort into it.She hasn't got the ability to hit that high in tune, even though it is just basically one high note.Thought the song is a bit naff anyway before you even add in the technological help.

Check out 3.19 something didn't quite go right there.That's was her voice in the background it wasn't the backing singers.Definate use of auto-tune as well although it has been done so well you can hardly pick it up.If you listen carefully you can hear very slight, unnatural pitch shifting.You can easily differentiate the parts she sang live from the more unnattural slightly auto-tuned parts.Fair play her sound engineer is good.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    If her lips were moving then she was miming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching it back, The Floooood bits were part of the backing track which she sung softly over the recording. The rest was live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching it back, The Floooood bits were part of the backing track which she sung softly over the recording. The rest was live.

Yes, the flood bit was prerecorded but the rest was live, it wasn't perfect but I don't care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Cheryl sang live and she did really well.

Haters you can kill youselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a good performance :)

She's doing it on Chatty Man on Monday too, aswell as an acoustic version of Promise This.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Why does she never sing a whole song live!!!!! its ridiculous and pathetic and a right con. She gets paid more money than i could ever dream of earning. She mimed a slow song its not even as if she had the excuse of it being fast and she had to dance.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even though i was surprised she sang live (with the help of autotune) I just kept thinking that she is so average and her voice is soo boring, I was thinking if someone like Leona Lewis was singing this song it would be absolutely stunning but cheryl just makes it average.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    that song is absolutly dreadful.
    what is this utter crap she is releasing lately, considering her first album was pretty damn good!
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remember people of this great country voted for her to become a singer...just remember that. LOL.

Bored with the b::::ches on here. All Girls Aloud singers were good on pop idol. That's why they got picked to form the group. It was only Nicole who had the softer voice.
    Cheryl looked amazing and was singing to me with backing vocals in some parts, as lots of singers use that's days.