The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so done with Alex I literally never check for her anymore haven't looked At her twitter in a long time, it's a shame given how much I used to love her. She just bores me at the moment and I found myself cringing at her when she was on Lorraine, she just didn't seem right
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Tranny Fierce needs to get ha ass togethee

"Omg alex loved me too much to drag me omg like omg I thought she was gonna drag me omg like she didn't ooh she loves me"
    Bitch get the **** out with your fake ass attitude and fat ass fac! Ugly mess

I need someone to drag her big time
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post her twitter link. I wanna know who you all are on about?
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I hardly think Manda should be one to laugh about someone's appearance when she looks like she's entering Rupaul's Drag Race. That could easily be seen as homophobia and trust me Alex you do not want the gays to hate you.

I don't think that's homophobia, and I don't think Alex is a homophobe LOL.
    She may have been annoyed at something, regardless of fans and whoever they are, she may hate being hassled. Also this Manda person clearly wants attention and is not saying the full story, so we get an edited version of whatever happened.

Alex may have not had a deal and took this gig in order to continue to hunt for one, we don't know. Her fear is understandable, another HOH would be embarrassing, I think the album bombing has knocked her confidence a lot. It would for anyone, I mean you literally were shut OUT of a world completely. That has to hurt and takes a toll. And the US is no joke, like. It's time and effort and she may not even get anything back at all, regardless of her talent.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love a video like this from alex! http://t.co/WdC6kqGVat
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I would like a video with a storyline... Not a cheap mess, with no sense.
    This video would be good, only with that kind of song :D (Im talking about boss)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    And the sun and unreality tv have posted about Alex's making ticket sales at the BG hit an all time low, didn't we say this would happen? Swear we are psychic lmao they'll try blame her for the downfall ... It was closing in London for a reason!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol alex said her plan is Hollywood, In an interview.
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff about low ticket sales is obviously nonsense, as the show was scheduled to close next month anyway. The only way to know for certain would be if the Sun released ticket sales for Beverly's last few weeks and sales for Alex's first few weeks....but that'll never happen, as it would actually require fact checking and journalistic integrity. I suspect ticket sales were falling towards the end of Bev's run, and at least got a shot in the arm when Alex started her run.

I don't think this story will have any legs, as it just appears to be unsubstantiated guff from a tabloid known for making things up, but it should be a reminder to Alex that she needs to get her a$$ to America after this show is done, and stay there. She's got too many enemies here who want her to fail.

Alex's stunning reviews for The Bodyguard meant they couldn't spin her performance as a flop, so they've managed to dig up this so called "source" to slander her without a shred of actual presented evidence. But that's the nature of this country.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol alex said her plan is Hollywood, In an interview.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/alexandra-burke-i-cant-find-a-boyfriend--men-think-im-with-my-manager-9594586.html

I just saw this. And it looks like her manager definitely isn't Jojo anymore. I just don't know what to say about her anymore.

She made a big show about wanting to "showcase her vocals" and "strip it back" to her voice, yet now she is thinking she can make a Hollywood debut? This is such a disaster it's unreal. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the "ticket sales" story, I agree that it's not accurate given that the show has been running for ages. Most people who wanted to see it probably saw it when Beverley was in the role. As shoed said, it's closing for a reason.

But still, it's yet another damaging blow to her reputation in the UK. I just don't know why she keeps continuing to focus on the UK. They have painted her as a flop now and unfortunately that image is going to stick in the UK. Her only option is to run to America and focus on a debut album release there, but it looks like she hasn't got the message or simply isn't listening.

If a Hollywood role is what she wants to pursue then good luck to her, but she's going to be joining thousands and thousands of people hoping to make it there, and who are likely better and more experienced actors than she is.

It's such a shame when her voice and performance skills make her one in a million. I just hope she realises that before it's too late, because the decisions being made are leading her to disaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    And the sun and unreality tv have posted about Alex's making ticket sales at the BG hit an all time low, didn't we say this would happen? Swear we are psychic lmao they'll try blame her for the downfall ... It was closing in London for a reason!!

It doesn't matter now what they try. She's got the credibility now as a triple threat (actress/singer/dancer) thanks to the reviews. Moving forward, it can only help her. It turned out to be a great decision to do The Bodyguard, and The Sun playing it's usual games doesn't change that.

But she needs to do all this stuff in America, whether it be acting or music. There's no point being like a dog chasing a bone in a country that doesn't really appreciate you.

She makes some noise in America (whether it's on Broadway, in films, or with her music) and you'll see a complete u-turn in British media and public attitude towards her. But she'll never get to fufill her potential if she stays in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to David's Twitter, this story has come out because Alex fired Hackford Jones PR...apparently a revenge story to damage her reputation further.

If she has these people working against her in the UK, it's not a good sign. The whole UK industry seems to be against her, radio stations and now media. It's not a good sign at all.
    Forum Member
    Lmao dan wooton is best friends with hackford so them two are against her now... Plus radio. Her career is a mess in the UK and she needs to just go to the US ASAP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao dan wooton is best friends with hackford so them two are against her now... Plus radio. Her career is a mess in the UK and she needs to just go to the US ASAP

She's NOT listening though. :blush: I don't know what we can do now tbh. How many interviews have we seen where she's been asked the question "when are you going to America"...?

We've even got interviewers to ask the question to her face, and we mention it in literally every #AskAlex she's ever done.

She wants to make it work in the UK for whatever reason, but it's over. Radio and media are 100% against her it's not even a joke anymore. Everything she does in this country will be spun badly now, that Hackford Jones and Dan Wootton are going to turn everyone in the industry against her.

This is her last chance. She needs to finish The Bodyguard, run to the airport and get on the first plane to the US before it's too late.

I don't even know how else to get this message across other than confronting her in real life and telling her. And even then I don't think she'd listen. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    As for the "ticket sales" story, I agree that it's not accurate given that the show has been running for ages. Most people who wanted to see it probably saw it when Beverley was in the role. As shoed said, it's closing for a reason.

But still, it's yet another damaging blow to her reputation in the UK. I just don't know why she keeps continuing to focus on the UK. They have painted her as a flop now and unfortunately that image is going to stick in the UK. Her only option is to run to America and focus on a debut album release there, but it looks like she hasn't got the message or simply isn't listening.

If a Hollywood role is what she wants to pursue then good luck to her, but she's going to be joining thousands and thousands of people hoping to make it there, and who are likely better and more experienced actors than she is.

It's such a shame when her voice and performance skills make her one in a million. I just hope she realises that before it's too late, because the decisions being made are leading her to disaster.

Agree fully on her going to America.

But The Bodyguard has been a big positive for her (no matter what The Sun is trying to stir) and it's expanded her career options.

As for the Hollywood thing....I think she's certainly got a far more realistic chance of landing roles and work there than thousands of other wannabes. She's already a star in this country and has just starred in a major west end production to rave reviews for her acting. Hollywood absolutely loves British performers, and she's a known quantity now thanks to The Bodyguard. And they seem to have a thing for black British actors at the moment as well, which helps her. She can do a credible American accent, and she's got American management that can get her auditions or meetings for film or TV roles in the states. If she wants an acting career, she's off to the best possible start, and won't have to struggle as much as others who might have even more experience, but less fame and connections

But I suspect she wants to pursue both music and acting. Others have managed to do both before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I dont get is that we get slandered for saying what we believe but when really we're speaking the truth. About 2 months ago I said to not choose this role but no alex got rave reviews and everyone was on the bodyguard train. Also is it ok that I believe some of that article about alex not being likable?

Alex should just concentrate on getting ready for this new era and leave this behind her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

UK industry is crazy vengeful. I knew the story was obviously a planted PR smear job on Alex, but it's nice to hear David confirm the reasons behind it.

But yeah, Alex is screwed in this country. Too many enemies.
    Forum Member
    I will literally wait for her after bodyguard in two weeks and tell her to her face that she needs to get going to the US ASAP. Don't care what she thinks of me or what I say, she needs to be told!!! And to listen for once!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will literally wait for her after bodyguard in two weeks and tell her to her face that she needs to get going to the US ASAP. Don't care what she thinks of me or what I say, she needs to be told!!! And to listen for once!!!

Write it down and hand her printed copies as well so she gets the message.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people need to seriously think of the bigger picture here and stop blaming Alex. A lot of people here seem to think that she has just sat around and done nothing to try and be succesful but I completely disagree, and to sit here and say things like the following is extremely immature, embarassing and childish. Seriously, are you 9 years old?:

She left Syco when we all kicked up a fuss about the album being delayed. We were all overjoyed when she did. She got rid of her manager Char who we all moaned about. She's changed teams. She's changed to a different type of music, she's networked like crazy, she's done an EP to try and gain more interest, she's gone out to the U.S, she's installed a recording studio in her house. Everyone here seems to be blaming Alex, but really I don't think it is her fault.

What I think it comes down to is that nobody actually wants to sign her (no major label anyway). There's no clear reason why, but I would take a guess and say that they just don't know what to do with her and she's too much of a risk when there's others out there who have a much obvious and stronger brand and clear identity to market. She's got a huge voice, she's sang with Beyonce, she won the XF, big successful debut album...she shouldn't even have to be trying!!! People should have come running for her, but they're not which must tell you something.

A few pages back in this thread a few people mentioned their amazement at Amelia Lilly being signed by a big label and Alex not. Unfortunately though, that's the way the music industry works. There are thousands and thousands of incredibly talented singers and artists out there (far, far better than Alex) who never get signed. It's certainly not because they're not trying...in fact to say they're not trying is actually quite insulting as many of them spend their whole lives trying to make it. I could list lots of unknown/unsigned singers who have been working their backsides off for years trying to get signed and they haven't, but then you get other artists who are nowhere near as good that will suddenly get signed. A lot of it is down to luck and being what the record company is looking for. Alex obviously isn't what they're looking for...like I said...she's got an amazing voice, won the XF, sang with Beyonce, been signed to Syco, had a successful first album...she shouldn't have to be on her kness begging, they should be running to sign her.

I think people need to look at it differently and realise that unfortunately (as with hundreds of thousands of other talented singers) she's just not what they want. That doesn't have to be the end. An independent label or moderate label would still sign her in my opinion and she'll release music, which for me would be fine. However, if you're thinking that she's going to be the next big commercial star then I think you need to forget it as that time has been and gone. Her name is out there, she's been big, people know who she is and she still hasn't hit the big time. After The Bodyguard hopefully it's back to the U.S for album three, but I'm setting my expectations realistically and not expecting some big radio tour and promo campaign. We'll get an album and single in my opinion which is fine by me, but I doubt we'll get all the fan fare that goes with it. People need to look a lot deeper than just blaming Alex for it all. She's tried her best and worked her backside off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I don't think this end result is that simplistic. There are too many unanswered questions to come to any firm conclusion, but from what we do know, the decisions Alex has been making have been ill-judged for the past few years.

I won't go into the whole RCA/Syco thing as that has been done to death and to be honest there wasn't much she could have done to know what would happen. But 2013 was a massive wasted opportunity for her.

She did record a US album, that's pretty much a certainty now. The fact that she started the year back in the studio with Rico Love then worked with a large number of high profile producers and writers signals that at some point an album was ready to drop. Alex has been a lot more silent about these things since HOH though, so we have no idea when this album was planned for. All we know is that the album was at one stage meant to close on February 28th 2014.

I think it's a given that she had a label on board at one stage, paying for the recording of that album and the first class flights to and from the US. There's no way Alex could have afforded all of that. Even things like hiring JaQuel for the Apollo performance suggested that someone was pulling the strings. KWL is just a management company, they probably have good finances, but I doubt they would splash the cash on an unsigned artist like that. It makes sense for a label to have been responsible for all of that. But whoever they were, they obviously aren't on board now, and we don't know why.

You don't go from what she was doing in 2013, to releasing WDHG randomly on iTunes, so I can't say that Alex is all innocent in this.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I really have nothing to say other than the fact that I'm really disappointed in Alexandra. A lot of it's down to Alex unfortunately and people can't keep making excuses for all these delays that she's put us through.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    You don't go from what she was doing in 2013, to releasing WDHG randomly on iTunes, so I can't say that Alex is all innocent in this.

You do if nobody is interested in you and no labels want to sign you. Back in 2013 she was getting fligths here, there and everywhere and spending loads of time in studios...someone was obviously funding this (most probably a label) as she coudn't afford all of this on her own. I believe she is still with this label, but I just don't think it's a huge big wig label that people are hoping for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im gonna drag dan wooton and hackford jones idc!