Options

How come people can type horrible things about housemates on here...

DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,460
Forum Member
✭✭
But when housemates say horrible things they are hated so much?

It seems ok to judge people when you're behind a computer screen but not in real life?

Comments

• Options
    ZeraseZerase Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    It will make your head explode trying to think about it. There is an increasing trend to try and dehumanise the housemates- see the endless posts attacking Dee for being physcially unattractive for example.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

It seems ok to judge people when you're behind a computer screen but not in real life?

So true thy never stop even when the show is over thy forget thy are celebs thy will go on working thy have already made it in this world thy don't need forum op ,s approval
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have put themselves up to being judged and are very well paid for it.
    Look beyond DS and in households up and down the country you will find BB viewers shouting "You nasty git!" at James on screen, and cheering when Gary won.
    This is just a conversation like a written Gogglebox.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS:BB for ya.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes thy are hated just for existing it has changed over the years
  • Options
    nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed 100. Per cent this forum gets worse as the years go on some awful things are said about on here the name calling is unbelievable. If dee had won imagine what would have been said and James. But they are not allowed to show they did not like the winner why should they lie. Every thread is full of nastiness and bitter people but hms arnt allowed to feel bitter. After all they were the ones who had to live with each other all we saw was an hour a night and going by best bits we missed a lot .
  • Options
    OldnboldOldnbold Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H/m's are supposed to be entertaining or interesting, or at least have something that we find likeable. When we want bitchy we come to DS :D
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanna7 wrote: »
    Agreed 100. Per cent this forum gets worse as the years go on some awful things are said about on here the name calling is unbelievable. If dee had won imagine what would have been said and James. But they are not allowed to show they did not like the winner why should they lie. Every thread is full of nastiness and bitter people but hms arnt allowed to feel bitter. After all they were the ones who had to live with each other all we saw was an hour a night and going by best bits we missed a lot .

Hmmm... so it's all right to be bitter .... about people you think are bitter.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Hmmm... so it's all right to be bitter .... about people you think are bitter.

Indeed. Or be bitter and judgemental about hm's they don't like. ;-)

Anyhoooo, just delighted Gary won. :D
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not so much that, although it can be unnecessarily brutal and cruel at times, it's letting go of it once the show is over.

I'd worry about anyone who carries it on beyond the show.
  • Options
    james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a bitch so this doesn't reall apply to me
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Actor-observer asymmetry
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit the level of hatred and blind faith has become ridiculous in the last couple of years. Hate at hms family/friends, or even the things they say about the hms has become very ott it's like genuine hatred rather than realising it's a tv show. If anything it exposes the poster more so than the hm they are trying to demonize. At times it's more nasty than what the hms actually verbally portray whilst in the house. Yes people will say they're up there for scrutiny but their is criticism and then there is being ott personal. People need to remember it's a highly edited portrayal of people in a artificial environment that's in a pressure cooker with bb pushing for a reaction whilst restricting things that becomes ones stressor. It's only a tv show sadly everything today is taken to personal.

I do also think a lower age range of ch5 bb viewers also plays a part, you only need to view Twitter to find that out. :D

I'm all for judging the hms characters that's what bb is and I love ds but the intensity level has increased tenfold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Actor-observer asymmetry

It really is, they look for disposititional causes rather than situational.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    They have put themselves up to being judged and are very well paid for it.
    Look beyond DS and in households up and down the country you will find BB viewers shouting "You nasty git!" at James on screen, and cheering when Gary won.
    This is just a conversation like a written Gogglebox.

Saying nasty git is nothing though.

Throughout the regular and celeb series we have had some pretty horrible things said about HM's.

I don't understand how anybody can complain about so called nasty housemates when they say much worse things themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    I must admit the level of hatred and blind faith has become ridiculous in the last couple of years. Hate at hms family/friends, or even the things they say about the hms has become very ott it's like genuine hatred rather than realising it's a tv show. If anything it exposes the poster more so than the hm they are trying to demonize. At times it's more nasty than what the hms actually verbally portray whilst in the house. Yes people will say they're up there for scrutiny but their criticism and then there is being ott personal. People need to remember it's a highly edited portrayal of people in a artificial environment that's in a pressure cooker with bb pushing for a reaction whilst restricting things that becomes ones stressor. It's only a tv show sadly everything today is taken to personal.

I do also think a lower age range of ch5 bb viewers also plays a part, you only need to view Twitter to find that out. :D

I have been saying for a while now that if the rules of this place wasn't as strict it would become like Youtube and Twitter.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

Throughout the regular and celeb series we have had some pretty horrible things said about HM's.

I don't understand how anybody can complain about so called nasty housemates when they say much worse things themselves.
    I cannot take seriously all this 'you're just as bad as they are' stuff when FMs slate HMs on BB

We're not taking part in a popularity contest that's judged by the public and behaving like complete arses, are we?

It's a non point because it doesn't compare like with like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It not only the hms, if someone support a Hm that isn't in high favour the fm gets tarred and personally slated. It isn't simply judging a BB hm, we all know that's not what the op is getting at.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BB HM's are there to be judged,it's a popularity contest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I cannot take seriously all this 'you're just as bad as they are' stuff when FMs slate HMs on BB

We're not taking part in a popularity contest that's judged by the public and behaving like complete arses, are we?

It's a non point because it doesn't compare like with like.

When someone posts things about how someone looks and sounds just because they don't agree with what they are saying then i don't think they are very nice people.

When people have been annoyed at Dee this series they have mocked her weight, her looks, her boobs and saying she must stink because of the **** she smokes.

When people have got annoyed with George they have called him potato head, fat, thick and they have mocked his voice too.

When people got annoyed with Leslie people were constantly attacking him because of his height.

Edele was called a **** just because she had a kiss with George.

These types of comments have been happening throughout both series this summer and it just makes them look worse. It also makes the forum an impossible place to discuss anything. Too often this series threads have turned into mindless mocking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    It not only the hms, if someone support a Hm that isn't in high favour the fm gets tarred and personally slated. It isn't simply judging a BB hm, we all know that's not what the op is getting at.

I have gotten a lot of that this summer. I didn't like Ashleigh or Gary and i got plenty of stick for it on here.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would only be horrible if we were hurling the insults to their faces :p
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bandwagon that is limited to a small amount of people that try to see who can spill the most bile about a certain h/m. I have several of them on ignore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When someone posts things about how someone looks and sounds just because they don't agree with what they are saying then i don't think they are very nice people.

When people have been annoyed at Dee this series they have mocked her weight, her looks, her boobs and saying she must stink because of the **** she smokes.

When people have got annoyed with George they have called him potato head, fat, thick and they have mocked his voice too.

When people got annoyed with Leslie people were constantly attacking him because of his height.

Edele was called a **** just because she had a kiss with George.

These types of comments have been happening throughout both series this summer and it just makes them look worse. It also makes the forum an impossible place to discuss anything. Too often this series threads have turned into mindless mocking.
    Yet here you are, discussing it?

Sometimes, you can alter the behaviour of others by calmly explaining why you feel as you do, just like you've just done.

I try not to get into the physicality of the HMs but fail at times because they'll do something so bloody horrible that I find myself thinking 'all bets are off now' and I'll let rip.

You can't control what others do but you can control what you do, so if debating and not slating is your thing, I don't really see how that's affected by what others are posting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    It is a bandwagon that is limited to a small amount of people that try to see who can spill the most bile about a certain h/m. I have several of them on ignore.
    Do you not think it's a bit rich that you keep saying FMs are on 'bandwagons' whilst at the same time slating them for dissing HMs?

If you'd like to see a general raising of the standards of conduct in here, perhaps you should start with raising your own?
This discussion has been closed.