Options

Channel 5 General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, is this Callum with another new name?
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite shocked at the quality of programmes on channel 5 recently. Tonight there's yet another benefits series starting and on Thursday we have a Jimmy Savill documentary. The only good programme on channel 5 is Neighbours!
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Im still amazed that Channel 5 has not picked up Agent Carter especially as no other UK channel has gone for it.It would draw in decent ratings for Channel 5 especially being a good show that is part of the MCU
  • Options
    Ross PoldarkRoss Poldark Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Oh God, is this Callum with another new name?

It's not Callum anymore, It's now Ross Poldark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Im still amazed that Channel 5 has not picked up Agent Carter especially as no other UK channel has gone for it.It would draw in decent ratings for Channel 5 especially being a good show that is part of the MCU

Besides that BBC1 may pick up Agent Carter anyways, it would be likely that to be part of the Saturday night schedule soon.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I'm quite shocked at the quality of programmes on channel 5 recently. Tonight there's yet another benefits series starting and on Thursday we have a Jimmy Savill documentary. The only good programme on channel 5 is Neighbours!

Gotham is coming back on Monday.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides that BBC1 may pick up Agent Carter anyways, it would be likely that to be part of the Saturday night schedule soon.

I highly doubt BBC One would pick up an import for Saturday Night. AC wouldn't fit orient on a Saturday
    I would like to see Red Bee Media gets Channel 5 a new look soon, the pronunciation will be 'five' instead of calling it 'Channel 5' because it didn't have the word 'Channel' on the top of the number 5.

Channel 5 might get a new look this year due to Viacom brought it last year

What like the fresh graphics it got just a few months ago?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I highly doubt BBC One would pick up an import for Saturday Night. AC wouldn't fit orient on a Saturday

What like the fresh graphics it got just a few months ago?

I mean to say is idents, hopefully the 2011 idents might phased out apparently and replaced by the new idents. Also they might unveiled the new logo at anytime soon.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Callum anymore, It's now Ross Poldark
    I mean to say is idents, hopefully the 2011 idents might phased out apparently and replaced by the new idents. Also they might unveiled the new logo at anytime soon.
    One of the fasted bans ever surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    One of the fasted bans ever surely.

Banned member back under a new name, I could tell straight away.

Moving on I hope Channel 5 will get a re-brand soon with a nice looking website like Spike TV.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A job advertisement suggests changes are planned with C5:
    As part of VIMN you’ll ... play an integral role internationally raising the brands’ profile, re-branding & re-positioning C5 and building on the success of MTV.

https://secure.vimn.com/career/senior-communications-director-channel-5-mtv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Channel 5 special' in tomorrow's Broadcast:

https://twitter.com/Broadcastnow/status/578200553295077376
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A job advertisement suggests changes are planned with C5:
    https://secure.vimn.com/career/senior-communications-director-channel-5-mtv

Lets hope it will be someone that will bring Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother back to its core format or axe it. As that show got lucky but I don't think these gimmicks will work in the long run for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom makes its mark on Channel 5

A few quotes..
    Viacom’s plans for Channel 5 have taken a leap forward with the US giant lining up a wide-ranging channel rebrand and calling for the terms of trade to be overhauled to apply only to small- and medium-sized indies.
    [Viacom will] refresh the on-air look of the channel and has appointed agency Joint London to oversee the campaign. It is not clear if the channel’s name will change.
    “We will refresh the C5 look later [this year] and also reshape the content output, bringing in a broader range of programming that isn’t traditionally thought of as C5,” said David Lynn, president of Viacom International Media Networks UK, Australia and Central and Eastern Europe.

Also: Big Brother renewed until 2018.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom makes its mark on Channel 5

A few quotes..

Also: Big Brother renewed until 2018.

If its stuff that MTV usually shows, Don't bother. Also they need to sort BB out in the long run.
  • Options
    YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of positives in the Broadcast feature, if it all happens... with new drama, comedy, sport, entertainment and 'campaigning programming' on the cards if they can find it.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/features/the-broadcast-interview-ben-frow/5085399.article
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Any chance you could copy and paste the text or give a summary?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Any chance you could copy and paste the text or give a summary?

If you google the headline and access the article from google it should be free...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this in another thread, Sounds good for these who like real football which isn't the Premier League:
    Fans of football clubs such as Nottingham Forest, Reading, Leeds and Swindon Town will be watching The Football League Show on C5 in nine month’s time after C5 poached the rights to cover the lower leagues from the BBC. C5 will air the show in a primetime slot on Saturday evenings, much earlier than its current late-night, post-Match Of The Day home.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I have been really enjoying Channel 5 recently, it has definitely improved in my eyes over the past year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    If you google the headline and access the article from google it should be free...

Thanks dude, didn't know I could do that
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that Channel 5 would improve now that it's owned by Viacom but it hasn't.

Spike is basically just taking programmes from 5USA and 5* which will water them down even more (They're already part time) so Spike is nothing new or exciting.

Big Brother won't have Live Feed for another series.

They have an obsession with benefits programmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom's plans for the channel haven't really kicked in yet. They're promising to rebrand the channel later this year and refocus the programming so I think by the Autumn it will be quite different to now.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    I was hoping that Channel 5 would improve now that it's owned by Viacom but it hasn't.
    Still too early to make that claim IMO. They are only just now starting to firm up their plans for the channel going forwards (i.e. the upcoming rebrand, details of which are still thin on the ground).

I'd cite the recent refresh to their on air presentation, cross promotion on the pay channels and vice versa and the recent content boost to 5USA are early examples of improvements under Viacom, as well as content sharing across the network where possible.
    Spike is basically just taking programmes from 5USA and 5* which will water them down even more (They're already part time) so Spike is nothing new or exciting.
    Not really. I think already it's very clear that 5USA and Spike will have a different tone. Breaking Bad was always up against it on 5USA in truth because it was so different to the rest of its output and it just got lost there.
    Big Brother won't have Live Feed for another series.
    A minor issue blown out of all proportion and not the type of thing I'd hoped we'd be talking about at length in this thread.

For the millionth time, if there was a way of making the live feed viable in this day and age I've no doubt it would be offered. If new ownership and more money at their disposal hasn't led to a new way of thinking, I can only assume that it is not viable. The end.
    They have an obsession with benefits programmes.
    This is a general trend on TV at the moment and not one I'm in favour of either, but to single out C5 for this seems harsh although they are certainly one of the main peddlers of these "documentaries."

It'll soon die out and the channels will move on. A year or two ago it was shows about hoarders that everyone was going to town on.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viacom's plans for the channel haven't really kicked in yet. They're promising to rebrand the channel later this year and refocus the programming so I think by the Autumn it will be quite different to now.

They've already failed with this news that Big Brother won't have Live Feed. They're making the same mistake as Desmond.

A rebrand won't make Channel Fail and any better either.