Shirley's reaction when she finds out it was Ben..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just thinking about what Shirley's reaction will be when she she FINALLY founds out that it was Ben that killed Hev and that Phil covered up for him and knew all long. Surely she will be so disgusted she won't be able to be with Phil? And feel that all the Mitchells knew so she can no longer be part of the family, and finally leaves the clan?
IF and hopefully she does leave Phil because of it then she has no connections left on the square (her own children hated her and left her).. which means what will happen to her then? I hope they don't put her down the alcoholic/drug route.
In a way, I can almost see them putting her with Andrew, you do hear about people falling in love because it keeps the person who died alive or they can share stuff together about the person.. What do you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    Well when she does find out I hope she turns her back on the Mitchells once and for all, but after dragging
    Ben by his ears to the police station. As for her and Andrew,
    well they are going to form an alliance to try and find Heather's killer,
    so stranger things can happen.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a chance that Ben will frame Jay and Phil will then take the rap instead.

Either way, there'll be no coming back for Shirley and Phil after this particular storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this has Shirley's exit storyline all over it, and its really sad. Where will she go when she finally realizes Phil cant be trusted? :(

There is no way she can stay with him after this.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or we can but hope that this is Phil's exit storyline, and Shirley stays.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I do hope Shirley stays, and in some positive role, and definitely not with Phil. Poor woman, he's let her down so many times.
    To be fair, I've enjoyed Phil this week too, more great acting.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She will slaughter him :eek:

Seriously I hope Shirley stays, there are so many people she could grow closer to as this story progresses...Andrew, Dot, Patrick even Janine. The community are not going to take this lying down and she should get a lot of support.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll be quite cross.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she murders Phil and gets away with it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Or we can but hope that this is Phil's exit storyline, and Shirley stays.

oohh no..i like Philth :D
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll batter the little sh't to death with a picture frame, then castrate Phil...
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll be quite cross.

:D

Hopefully she'll finally see sense and dump Phil...as well as batter Ben (before his hopeful death, rather than just being carted off to prison)
    Forum Member
    dunk both their heads down the loo :D
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    i dont think linda is leaving. it didnt sound like she was on the revealed.

yes phil & shirley will probably split when it happens but i think it'll end on proving how much phil loves her (we have seen this this week, when she's upset phil is and has shown anger at ben for it) and i think either shirley will get caught up as a suspect herself or phil will in the end hand ben in. then after a slow build up they can get back together. ben will come back at some point so i think it'll be interesting to see how shirley copes with it.

i dont see any point of using this storyline just to split them up when we're only starting to see phils real feelings for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    She'll definitely dump Phil, Prob Kill Ben (Hopefully) or Make sure he gets punished. Then she'll prob stay and make some new enemies/friends who knows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    I can't wait, the actress who plays her is brilliant so the reveal scene will be amazing! She'd better kick Phil to the curb after this, he's been treating her awfully even before this.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the title needs to be rephrased, if she finds out it was Ben!

I reckon there won't be anyone charged eventually. They all have an alibi, there isn't really a motive behind killing her, other than Ben thinking she grassed him in about Phil. Other than that what do the police have to go on if they all keep to their stories? It will probably be one of those reveals that will come out at a much later date, possibly end of the year or in a few years time, who knows.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt she will get Ben banged up or hit Phil as some are saying lol - while Shirley is a strong character, I think she knows not to get on the wrong side of Philth and is the loyal Mitchell pitbull :). Though, I'm sure Shirley will punch Ben a few times, in the end, she'll probably agree to keep it a secret or most probably Philth will get his lawyers to protect Ben from the police and make out Shirley is crazy. To get Ben banged up, Shirley needs to get hold of hard evidence, but I doubt she will as she is not a CSI lol. So it's all out of her control.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I doubt she will get Ben banged up or castrate Phil as some are saying lol. Though, I'm sure she will punch Ben a few times, in the end, she'll probably agree to keep it a secret or most probably Philth will get his lawyers to protect Ben from the police and make out Shirley is crazy. To get Ben banged up, Shirley needs to get hold of hard evidence, but I doubt she will as she is not a CSI lol. So it's all out of her control.

lol phil would never do that. this week has shown phil feels guilty over it and is angry at ben for causing her grief
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol phil would never do that. this week has shown phil feels guilty over it and is angry at ben for causing her grief

Lol yes, but if it means protecting his own freedom and that of Ben's - then I think he will do that. Remember, Phil is implicated in Heather's murder as well as he helped cover it up, so he has a lot to lose. If the truth comes out, he will also go to prison along with Ben.

I think Philth will do anything to stay out of prison considering he's just come out of there. Of course, Phil will be guilt-ridden if he does do to Shirley what I said in my previous post, but he will do it nonetheless in order to keep his freedom. As we spoke about in our epic PMs :D, Philth has this ability to off and on his emotions. He's a cold SOB when the situation calls for it :cool: :p.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Lol yes, but if it means protecting his own freedom and that of Ben's - then I think he will do that. Remember, Phil is implicated in Heather's murder as well as he helped cover it up. If the truth comes out, he will also go prison along with Ben.

I think Philth will do anything to stay out of prison considering he's just come out of there. Of course, Phil will be guilt-ridden if he does do to Shirley what I said in my previous post, but he will do it nonetheless in order to keep his freedom. As we spoke about in our epic PMs :D, Philth has this ability to off and on his emotions.

so what if shirley became a suspect? would he send her to prison? if phil did any of that to shirley then there is no going back for them the voicemail scene was disgusting and was saved that he didnt actually say anything wrong to her just the scenario was
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Shirley finding out unless it's part of an exit story for her or Ben.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    I think the title needs to be rephrased, if she finds out it was Ben!

I reckon there won't be anyone charged eventually. They all have an alibi, there isn't really a motive behind killing her, other than Ben thinking she grassed him in about Phil. Other than that what do the police have to go on if they all keep to their stories? It will probably be one of those reveals that will come out at a much later date, possibly end of the year or in a few years time, who knows.

I don't know, Jay's already struggling to keep a lid on it, all it would take is a big enough bust up with Ben and Phil...
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I doubt they would bring Sharon back in the summer unless they were planning to split up Phil and Shirley.
    Forum Member
    Shll tells Andrew that Ben killed Heather, all hell breaks loose and he kills Ben..

That could actually happen :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so what if shirley became a suspect? would he send her to prison? if phil did any of that to shirley then there is no going back for them the voicemail scene was disgusting and was saved that he didnt actually say anything wrong to her just the scenario was

Nah, I doubt she will become a suspect. Of course, if she did, Philth would try an protect her by framing someone else or something lol. Also to clarity the point in my previous post, what I meant by my theory of Phil making Shirley look crazy was that he might use his lawyers to discredit Shirley's accusation that Ben killed Heather - not make her into a suspect. Just make her seem crazy, so that the police don't take her accusation seriously.

I think if Phil came down to a choice, he'd probably choose Shirley over Ben now (after seeing how cold-hearted and evil Ben has become now), but unfortunately, if he makes that choice - he will go to prison along with Ben. The moment Philth helped Ben cover up Heather's murder - his choice became all the more complicated. And I can't see Philth willingly going to prison again and that is why I think he is capable of doing that to Shirley. So in the end, Phil will have chosen neither Shirley or Ben - but himself.