prince andrew buys £17m swiss chalet

ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And his ex wife gets a share in it.

It bothers me that this is how our money is being used. Unfortunately we have no say how the monarchy uses our tax money.

Their website claims:

In reality, the Royal Household is committed to ensuring that public money is spent as wisely and efficiently as possible

I dont think giving Fergie a multi million pound luxury chalet to indulge herself in fits the bill.

Comments

• ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »

It bothers me that this is how our money is being used. Unfortunately we have no say how the monarchy uses our tax money.

Their website claims:

In reality, the Royal Household is committed to ensuring that public money is spent as wisely and efficiently as possible

I dont think giving Fergie a multi million pound luxury chalet to indulge herself in fits the bill.

Well at least it diverts attention away from the claims he had sex with an underage girl
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Their website claims:

They do have investments and interest in businesses.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's an absolute waste of space that one. he's like a big, pampered, overfed, oversexed schoolboy. :o
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Their website claims:

However the money is not public money , he does not receive money from the Sovereign Grant , the Queen bought him Sunninghill from personal not public funds when it was sold at a huge profit years later that money will have been put into a savings account and now will be used to buy the chalet.
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Well at least it diverts attention away from the claims he had sex with an underage girl

But then the girl herself surely did that when in 2011 she categorically denied in several media interviews there was any sexual relationship with the Prince, now it is a compensation case she sates differently.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    ba_baracus wrote: »

Fergie's reward for publicly supporting him.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile, the queens subjects carry on suffering.

I wonder if his assets will be frozen if he is charged with anything? if so, will they be returned to their rightful owners, (us) ?

Then again I expect he will need the money to pay for the best lawyers.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah austerity. We're all in it together, chin, chin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the queens subjects carry on suffering.

I wonder if his assets will be frozen if he is charged with anything? if so, will they be returned to their rightful owners, (us) ?

Then again I expect he will need the money to pay for the best lawyers.

How are his assets ours ? unless you are talking about the entire families personal wealth which goes back hundreds of years , so like that any property we own and live in hundreds of years ago was taken from a peasant farmer, given to a Lord eventually sold to a council or developer so we should all hand back any property to its rightful owners ?

And you may be a subject the rest of us have not been since 1983, it even says so in our passports.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    It will be the perfect buy if it turns out that his story has more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    How are his assets ours ? unless you are talking about the entire families personal wealth which goes back hundreds of years , so like that any property we own and live in hundreds of years ago was taken from a peasant farmer, given to a Lord eventually sold to a council or developer so we should all hand back any property to its rightful owners ?

Yes, we own the royal family, and one day I hope that every single penny i returned to their rightful owners, the people of this land.

Parasitic waste of pace, every single one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, we own the royal family, and one day I hope that every single penny i returned to their rightful owners, the people of this land.

So as I said like that the house you live in should be returned to its rightful owner as that land was taken from someone originally.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can he lend me a tenner 'til payday?

I understand he's on holiday at present, though. A holiday from what exactly I'm not entirely sure.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Their website claims:

Rich bloke spends his own money and buys a new property? Is there any reason why he shouldn't?:confused:
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is he happy though?!
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    Rich bloke spends his own money and buys a new property? Is there any reason why he shouldn't?:confused:

Yes, it's not his money- it's taxpayers money!
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    They do have investments and interest in businesses.

And the money for these originally came from.........?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Yes, it's not his money- it's taxpayers money!

When did the taxpayer give it to him ? even the tabloids are not claiming that one.

Tellystar wrote: »
    And the money for these originally came from.........?

Not from the old Civil List or the Sovereign Grant it comes from family money , now whether that comes from lands taken hundreds of years ago is irrelevant (unless we make everyone's houses and land today now relevant to that) it did not come from todays taxpayer.

Also the chalet is thought to be worth between £9 and £13 million pounds not that he has paid £17 million and he has taken out a mortgage on it.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Their website claims:

What makes you think that it is our tax money. He does come from a wealthy family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no we don't. Slavery has been abolished.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,978
    Forum Member
    Ummm congratulations. Hope it's nice.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    It's the Bank of Mummy & Daddy is it not? I think I am right in saying M&D in this case have held posts that have provided some State income and a modest life style. The Queen has obviously scrimped here and there to put a bit aside to help her child in his time of need.

Great timing too. I suspect Andy is a lot more popular with Republicans that he is with Monarchists still no one can please everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    It's the Bank of Mummy & Daddy is it not? I think I am right in saying M&D in this case have held posts that have provided some State income and a modest life style. The Queen has obviously scrimped here and there to put a bit aside to help her child in his time of need.

Great timing too. I suspect Andy is a lot more popular with Republicans that he is with Monarchists still no one can please everyone.

How is that obvious? Or is it meant to be amusing and that being rich is something to be ashamed of?

I wish I had similar reason for shame.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell! It's alright for some. £17m? I bet there's not many celebrities in Britain who have homes as expensive as that. Do they all really cost that much or is it just a case of Prince Andrew wanting the best he can get?
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    How is that obvious? Or is it meant to be amusing and that being rich is something to be ashamed of?

I wish I had similar reason for shame.

Relax I was just having a laugh. I have been paying tax for fifty years (which is more than any of the RF can claim) some of which has gone to pay for them so I can treat myself to something at their expense if it is only a chuckle.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the happenstance of birth. Am receding a bit now so thankfully never went in for forelock tugging. Never met the bloke but instinctively think...hmmm. Keeps dodgy company, clearly. Doesn't seem that bright. Still, enough of this commie talk. Like he gives a darn!