Ninja Warriors UK

Comments

• starkitten1982starkitten1982 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Think it was 3 of the top 10 last week that hadn't finished, and 3 people this week who completed the course and were knocked out (stuntwoman Fizz, the hair model guy, and another guy who was in a montage iirc). It may have been more than that though as I don't remember seeing the food blogger in the final top 10 either; they only mentioned someone being knocked out after the montage guy was superseded by (Bradley? guy with his hair tied up and a hair band on).

Whilst some say that this week's course was easier, in all honesty, it depends on your strengths and weaknesses - if you compare the obstacles that were changed: the cargo net grip this week was easier (compared to the log grip); last week's jump hang was easier (the addition of the rope makes things a bit trickier); and whilst most people would say the swinging circles this week were easier, as someone with not much upper body strength, I would have had a better shot on the curtains from last week.

Fizz and the hair model guy were definitely in the semi final that we saw even though they didn't make it into the final 10 of their heat this week. I'm wondering if there are 4 heats and then 10 who are made up of the best of the rest from the heats who didn't get through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Maybe they'll have 2 different rope climbs as the final course. One day it'll be 40m, and when no-one makes it up in the alloted time they'll rejig it to 30m for the next day's people to ensure they're able to crown themselves a UK Ninja Warrior.

Only 1 rope climb and it is the same size and time limit as US/Japanese versions.

The UK course is made and designed by the same company who oversee the japan and US course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Fizz and the hair model guy were definitely in the semi final that we saw even though they didn't make it into the final 10 of their heat this week. I'm wondering if there are 4 heats and then 10 who are made up of the best of the rest from the heats who didn't get through.

In the case where more than 10 contestants completed the course all were placed into the semi finals during the RX. In the case where less than 10 completed the course, the top 10 based on furthest fastest were placed in the semi finals during the RX. There were around 60 people who ran in the semi finals. I'm not sure how the show has been edited but all the people who completed the course ran in the semi finals.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tv_Insider wrote: »
    Only 1 rope climb and it is the same size and time limit as US/Japanese versions.
    The UK course is made and designed by the same company who oversee the japan and US course.
    That does surprise me as I was adamant the UK ptb would make their course easier to ensure someone reached the very end. But if the final round = the Japanese one which has only been topped 2-3 times then my adamantness is fooey. :blush: I'm still going to be ready to call fowl if someone DOES end up reaching the top but I'm kind of a dick. :p
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was as bad as Mr Octopus!!!
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    splash

the build up took longer than the course
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Had to laugh at the guy humping the stone, desperately trying to regain his footing. :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why they showing all the rubbish ones at the start? Should mix it up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You're tall, will that help the crowd get behind you?"

From the Kay Burley form of interviewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »

Had to laugh at the guy humping the stone, desperately trying to regain his footing. :D

Imagine how Craig Charles would have reacted if someone had done the same on the Stepping Stones round of Takeshi's Castle??
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    "You're tall, will that help the crowd get behind you?"

From the Kay Burley form of interviewing.

If you had a better sex life, would it give you the flexibility to complete the course? :D
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes he should have remembered leg day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammy and Ben's laugh is starting to sound uncomfortably like Stuart Hall's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is it bad if I say that I'm pleased that you splashed when you did?"

I wonder if she's ever said that to Marlon...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Is it bad if I say that I'm pleased that you splashed when you did?"

I wonder if she's ever said that to Marlon...

Ooooh Matron!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the course really that much harder than last week?
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    A wrestler over acting and playing the crowd - That's never happened before!
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Potter just completed the course
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member

Levitatarama!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I would imagine they'll show a lot more people completing the course after the break
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't he want to take the course on on his false leg or wasn't he allowed to?

He just couldn't gain any balance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is a Penetration Tester? :o
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Just tuned in, why have the activities all changed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I dread to think
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

hubby wants his job,lol