We got Rage Against the Machine to #1, we can get the Lib Dems into office!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
Forum Member
Have a look at the link below and please PLEASE join up, share with all your friends on facebook and invite them to join!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113749985304255&ref=mf

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm.... What's up with "http://************/yc6m3ed"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Sorted it now! :D
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lib Dems are already going to get into office since a hung Parliament looks likely.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Yep vote Lib dem to wreck and ruin your country.

Its like me having a political party going around and claiming "Vote for DemUK and we will ensure each and everyone of you will receive £20k per year for life"

The Lib Dems can say what they want, but when you look at their policies you know they could and would never work.
    Forum Member
    zexstream wrote: »
    Yep vote Lib dem to wreck and ruin your country.

Its like me having a political party going around and claiming "Vote for DemUK and we will ensure each and everyone of you will receive £20k per year for life"

The Lib Dems can say what they want, but when you look at their policies you know they could and would never work.

In comparison to another 5 years of Labour screwing up the country or the Tories bringing their own and almost identical policies in?
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't we instead do a kind of TV-reality-show type thing where we invite a successful country like Denmark or Sweden or something to come in and govern us for a few months.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Aatlae wrote: »
    In comparison to another 5 years of Labour screwing up the country or the Tories bringing their own and almost identical policies in?

So Lib Dems will save us all?

Sure they will

Amnesty for all the illegals in the UK.
    Closer ties to Europe.
    Ending the British pound and joining the Euro.
    Death Tax.

The real facts are no matter who governs us we are heading for a 2nd recession with all the cuts that are going to come.

It all depends on whom best you think will handle the 2nd recession and make it a fairer society for all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The Lib Dems can say what they want - they'll never get into politcs"

People who are so smug with their Labour / Conservative votes should keep thinking this - that's what will get the Lib Dems in - low turnouts by the complacent, tired, unreactive, unrepresentative big parties. :)

This time last century the two mwin parties were the Whigs (old Liberals) and Tories - Labour came from nowhere to become a major political party - they probably had all the Liberal and Conservative voters saying "a vote for Labour is a wasted vote - they'll never get in"

Never say "never" :D
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Can't we instead do a kind of TV-reality-show type thing where we invite a successful country like Denmark or Sweden or something to come in and govern us for a few months.

EuroVision Election Contest with President Wogan presiding :D
    Forum Member
    Windy999 wrote: »
    "The Lib Dems can say what they want - they'll never get into politcs"

People who are so smug with their Labour / Conservative votes should keep thinking this - that's what will get the Lib Dems in - low turnouts by the complacent, tired, unreactive, unrepresentative big parties. :)

This time last century the two mwin parties were the Whigs (old Liberals) and Tories - Labour came from nowhere to become a major political party - they probably had all the Liberal and Conservative voters saying "a vote for Labour is a wasted vote - they'll never get in"

Never say "never" :D

Well said!

Someone above said "The real facts are no matter who governs us we are heading for a 2nd recession with all the cuts that are going to come.

It all depends on whom best you think will handle the 2nd recession and make it a fairer society for all."

That doesn't describe either the Tories or the Labourites
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the Lib Dems haven't had a go at it in my lifetime and I've seen both the tories and Labour cock it up more than once, might as well let them have a shot.

They really can't do any worse.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    Given that the Lib Dems haven't had a go at it in my lifetime and I've seen both the tories and Labour cock it up more than once, might as well let them have a shot.

I live in a local authority that, from time to time, falls under Lib Dem control. Trust me, they CAN do worse! :(
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    I live in a local authority that, from time to time, falls under Lib Dem control. Trust me, they CAN do worse! :(

Really? Is your council now £160 BILLION more in debt than it was in 1997?
  • Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very much like the Rage Against the Machine campaign in that people were urged to buy the Rage song on Sony so the X-Factor song, on Sony wouldn't get to number 1.

In other words vote for something that pretends to be different but is exactly the same.
    Forum Member
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    This is very much like the Rage Against the Machine campaign in that people were urged to buy the Rage song on Sony so the X-Factor song, on Sony wouldn't get to number 1.

In other words vote for something that pretends to be different but is exactly the same.

Ouch, if you think that "Killing in the Name Of" and the Miley Cyrus X-Factor song are the same there is something VERY wrong with your ears!
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper Doll wrote: »

i think you missed the point.... it didnt matter who the number one was signed to, it could have been one of Simon Cowells protege, the point was it was a campaign to keep x-factor off number one. again.
    Forum Member
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already sorted here - Labour majority is 405 with Lib Dems in 2nd, Tories lucky not to lose their deposit :D

May 7th will be a Perfect Day for me - current party ousted, Tories in cellar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    WokStation wrote: »

I agree with most of what you say giving the lib dems a shot but think they are all bad as each other
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    zexstream wrote: »

Can you provide any SPECIFIC examples.

They appear to be the only one of the three parties who have actually costed their plans and set out where the initial cuts will come from.
    Forum Member
    Boys and girls - membership of the group today passed 20,000 and is growing at 33% per day
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    There is more chance of Susan Boyle winning Miss World! :D
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aatlae wrote: »
    Boys and girls - membership of the group today passed 20,000 and is growing at 33% per day

Obviously more people watch X factor than the progress of the election.:)
  • [[Thanatos]][[Thanatos]] Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I thought most people who used Facebook weren't old enough to vote or in prison.:D
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is that Simon Cowell is an arch manipulator who needed teaching a lesson, whereas Gordon Brown doesn't fill the nation with quite the same horror.