DelfordengeDelfordenge Posts: 210
    Forum Member

I thought that once, while I was in a K-hole. :D

A Special K-hole!
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Scamps wrote: »
    The cocaine you get generally on the street is probably less that 10 or 5 % pure, Its cut to high heaven, and massively over priced..in my 'drug user' friends no one really buys it anymore as it is just a not worth the note your snort it with and i imagine its hasn't been worth it for many many years

So what?

You don't really think a government would be daft enough to advocate selling pure cocaine, thus allowing drug users to cut it with whatever they have lying around?

That'd be kind of like the government allowing pure alcohol to be sold and assuming people would dilute it to suit themselves without killing themselves in the process.

Of course, that does also present the problem of users buying higher quality legal drugs and then cutting it themselves so it's likely that before the drug was legalised a means would have to be devised of supplying the drug in a form where it couldn't be cut in a way that might prove harmful.

I'll grant you that legal cocaine might be a higher purity than what's currently available on the streets but that wouldn't come anywhere near offsetting the difference in cost due to tax.

Check out the different global costs of legally purchased cigarettes HERE.

We can see that Philip Morris can manage to turn a profit on Marlboro's that they sell in China for $1.60 whereas the same product is sold in the UK for $10.
    That suggests taxation of around 6x the cheapest retail cost.

So, if we assume that a legal supplier could provide a high quality drug for the same price as a low quality black-market product, that'd mean you're looking at a cheapest retail price of around £30 per gram but then, once you apply the same level of taxation that's applied to cigarettes, you're looking at an actual UK retail price of £180 per gram.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    So what?

You don't really think a government would be daft enough to advocate selling pure cocaine, thus allowing drug users to cut it with whatever they have lying around?

That'd be kind of like the government allowing pure alcohol to be sold and assuming people would dilute it to suit themselves without killing themselves in the process.

Of course, that does also present the problem of users buying higher quality legal drugs and then cutting it themselves so it's likely that before the drug was legalised a means would have to be devised of supplying the drug in a form where it couldn't be cut in a way that might prove harmful.

I'll grant you that legal cocaine might be a higher purity than what's currently available on the streets but that wouldn't come anywhere near offsetting the difference in cost due to tax.

Check out the different global costs of legally purchased cigarettes HERE.

We can see that Philip Morris can manage to turn a profit on Marlboro's that they sell in China for $1.60 whereas the same product is sold in the UK for $10.
    That suggests taxation of around 6x the cheapest retail cost.

So, if we assume that a legal supplier could provide a high quality drug for the same price as a low quality black-market product, that'd mean you're looking at a cheapest retail price of around £30 per gram but then, once you apply the same level of taxation that's applied to cigarettes, you're looking at an actual UK retail price of £180 per gram.

Who cares? Cocaine's shit :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who cares? Cocaine's shit :D

Just pointing out the likely cost implications of legalising any drug in a responsible manner.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In answer to the OP, yeah, cannabis joint for pain as was recommended by someone working as a paramedic! It didn't really do much for me but maybe I should have persisted for longer. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if it was more effective than prescribed meds. I was just a bit worried about the psychoactive effects as well, though, because I have a history of severe clinical depression. Now it's more under control (with prescribed meds) I daredn't rock the boat. The physical pain is far more tolerable than the severitty of the mental health difficulties I had at one time.

I have interviewed people with MS who were using non-prescription cannabis prior to the gradual introduction of Sativex and there was a mixed response. Those who were already familiar with it prior to diagnosis were more likely to use it in connection with their MS symptoms.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I must admit to rarely dabbling in illegal substances - on big nights out with friends.

When I took speed for the first time it scared me, I instantly understood how people find it addictive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mephedrone, speed, weed, pills, coke, mdma, tried heroin once and tried crack once. Have taken enough prescription meds to sink a ship. I developed a dependency on codeine which was a bugger!!

Now I just stick to a bit of coke on the weekends and have to take Prozac and valium on a daily basis because of indulging in the above!
  • Options
    Josh StonemJosh Stonem Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Never and think that anyone who glorifies it is just plain sad.

Drugs lead to all manner of imaginable problems so basically no drugs = less problems in society.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes...cba getting into the details right now though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most things in the 90s. No regrets, it Was fun but booze only Now with my dodgy ticker
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people ask really intrusive and personal questions of here!

What's even more of a mystery is why people are answering!
  • Options
    thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I became quite a pothead during college, but quit very easily afterwards though I can imagine many of you find it very difficult.
    I got lazier and fat due to the munchies at 2am etc for chocolate and crisps and other crap I wouldnt normally want. Spent most of my time laughing about dumb stuff as well.

I was also for some time quite involved with LSD, I adored it and used it to become very creative in my music, and listening choices as well. The first few hits though, you do tend to lose control a little and need a good friend with you that you trust to take care of you - don't do it alone FFS
    I adore LSD with a passion,once you have learned to control/harness it,it is better than the best sex, you will experience something like you will never experience again and its ****ing amazing - BUT.... I would recommend that you stay away from it as you never know if you have some underlying mental health issue that it may trigger.
    It will also increase your heart rate and may bring out an underlying heart defect.
    That first trip may indeed be your last, and although I love it - I keep clear now and instead retreat into my own mind and ideas for any trips I wish to take :)

Pot is probably the safest drug going to be fair, its a non event - just makes you lazy and hungry tied in with tobacco risk if you mix.
    If you smoke **** then you cant berate a pot smoker, he is just the same guy but still gets the nicotine'esque hit you yearn to get back to but no longer receive.

Other than that I have no interest in any other drugs and refuse to try any others.
    I think that my overall message would be to steer clear if you are not keen and if you really must then just smoke some pot and keep away from the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

Why not?:p
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am probably one of the most lilywhite people I know when it comes to drugs.

I've smoked weed and a little bit of charlie (I thought it was weed joint otherwise I'd never have smoked it!) but other than that I've never tried anything else.

I've never felt the need or had the curiosity?

Having a drink has always been enough for me. Getting tiddly is the same for me as getting high :o

Most of my friends and OH have dabbled with lots of stuff over the years.

I know a few people that buy Charlie quite regularly - I can't stand the stuff and think it makes people behave like caricatures of themselves.

I have a few friends in the legal and banking industry, cocaine is just rife in these social circles!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am probably one of the most lilywhite people I know when it comes to drugs.

I've smoked weed and a little bit of charlie (I thought it was weed joint otherwise I'd never have smoked it!) but other than that I've never tried anything else.

I've never felt the need or had the curiosity?

Having a drink has always been enough for me. Getting tiddly is the same for me as getting high :o

Most of my friends and OH have dabbled with lots of stuff over the years.

I know a few people that buy Charlie quite regularly - I can't stand the stuff and think it makes people behave like caricatures of themselves.

I have a few friends in the legal and banking industry, cocaine is just rife in these social circles!!

You smoked charlie?
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's an invasion of privacy ---

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1797749
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I'm Straight Edge and will never understand why people want to put drugs or alcohol into their bodies apart from the health and addiction risks why do something that changers your state of mind and makes you loose control.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With stuff like E's, how can you tell if theyre decent or not? I agree with you Scamps there should be a lot more education on drugs and safe drug use although probably not in schools, they do want to stay hard-line - but even some kind of balance thing would be good. In school we were pretty much told that drugs didnt have any benefits to you even in the short-term which goes completely against people's experiences of highs and then makes you question if teachers etc knew what they were talking about.

A lot of my friends are pretty hardened drug users but, they are all quite a lot richer than me so that plus my general lack of experience is generally my get-out clause. Its not that I'm against them but I wouldnt want to go in too deep and kill myself and I think with all my friends having a much higher tolerance level that could happen :P haha

What kinda age did yous start at? I first smoked weed at a party when I was 16 or something, it completely zonked me out haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Why not?:p

Exactly no one is forced to answer.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

[highlight]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/highlight]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must admit, I always wonder why there seems to be a different attitude toward drug-taking than other criminal offences.

I can't imagine a thread asking about whether people have stolen cars or burgled houses would last long here.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Must admit, I always wonder why there seems to be a different attitude toward drug-taking than other criminal offences.

I can't imagine a thread asking about whether people have stolen cars or burgled houses would last long here.

someone should start a poll with a list.
  • Options
    Forum Member

someone should start a poll with a list.

Go on then - I DARE you! :)