Is it time to axe Eileen? (corrie)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't help but feel whenever she has a storyline recently it's been pretty repetitive. Been going round in circles and her character now is in one hell of a rut I can only see one way out, an axing.

Give her a storyline where she leaves to move to London to be closer to her son. I think that would be an ideal way to write her out. Then we could have someone else move into that house, a new family.

Also, just because shes' gone doesn't mean Jason would have to as well. He could get a flat with Tommy?

Comments

• joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's alright when she's firmly in the background, quipping occasionally.

Anything else, though, and she alternates between dull/cringey/annoying to watch.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    A year ago I would have said no, but now I am tired of her.

Jason must stay though.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like her when's she not with Paul.
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Below average actress getting terrible material...not surprising the character's hard to watch recently.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her acting is shite and always has been.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to really like her and loved the Steve/Lyold/Eileen dynamic but ever since she met Paul I've gone off her.
    Now with her constant worried face when Paul goes to work and leaving about million messages on his phone, get a grip.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, cant understand why Eileen is so important to the show. Boring character.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Eileen is a boresville Arizona. She has a miserable face on her that'd haunt a castle. I find it impossible to care for someone who spends so much time feeling sorry for herself. Where's the big shephard's crook thingy?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Horrible Eileen.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I use to really like her and loved the Steve/Lyold/Eileen dynamic but ever since she met Paul I've gone off her.
    Now with her constant worried face when Paul goes to work and leaving about million messages on his phone, get a grip.

^^This.

But I'm hoping she'll get back to the way she used to be once TinyFireman is out of the picture. She is at her best in the cab office with Steve and Lloyd. :cool:
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree. She really is horrible nowadays - I can't bear her or her miserable mug.

A real shame, as she was brilliant in the old Streetcars heyday. They should just get rid of Eileen now... I really think they've exhausted her character.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. Eileen is dull, boring and superfluous.
  • greygrey Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    She's a brilliant actress
    The scriptwrirers have killed her character
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so weird because Eileen, for a long time here, was Digital Spy's forum darling!

I think once Paul leaves she needs a topical illness or something to endear viewers to her!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not just Paul, all the other blokes have been the same, such as that Jesse guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Her acting is shite and always has been.

i hate her too lol
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like her as a background character at the factory and cab office etc. and the odd scene with Julie. They need to stop trying to make this Fireman Sam storyline happen though. Don't care one bit about him whatsoever and will be happy when they split up and he leaves for good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I quite like her as a background character at the factory and cab office etc. and the odd scene with Julie. They need to stop trying to make this Fireman Sam storyline happen though. Don't care one bit about him whatsoever and will be happy when they split up and he leaves for good!

so is this how he goes :confused:
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    so is this how he goes :confused:

I'm not sure, but I'd assume so unless he dies (and if they were gonna kill him off surely they'd have done it in the fire already).

I can hardly imagine them having a long distance relationship in which we never see him on screen, can you? :D What are the other alternatives apart from dying, splitting up or the (unlikely) long distance relationship thing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    If you want to axe Eileen then Paul is your man. Don't firemen carry them?:)
    I think he should his exit should be her worst nightmare coming true. Probably, in a unique twist of events, never before seen in soap - on the night before their wedding - shocker!!!

She keeps going on about it and waiting for the call to come and I think one day it just will. Why bring him back at all just for him to leave her again. She's racking 'em up against Gail now!
  • shellbiggs08shellbiggs08 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    They ruined her relationship with Todd when he returned in that Easter Special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen works better as a character when she is without a man.
  • dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was good with Dennis
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    Eileen works better as a character when she is without a man.

I agree - I think she'd be good with a storyline which focuses on her alone whether it be debt, a lottery win, a serious illness etc. where the character can be explored without outside influence.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    A year ago I would have said no, but now I am tired of her.

Jason must stay though.

I agree and why bring Paul back again just to split them up again and we have to go through the boring old angst again. They should have just let him go off to Yorkshire but now I think they should leave together. She is just a sour faced unattractve embittered middle aged woman and I am not interested in any story about her. She should go but Jason has more mileage in his character and should stay.