Options

Rebecca Ruled out of the trial on medical grounds........AGAIN

Comments

• Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I don't think it would be to create a hate figure, just to create some mystery and controversy and some press coverage.

Well, the producers are not naive and I'm sure they know exactly how people would react to a seemingly fit and healthy 24yr old Olympian being 'mysteriously' exempt from every second trial (or whatever the % is). They know what viewers (us lot!) are like and the negativity it would generate.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    :D:D
    Or Dr Bob ;)

Too obvious.

KK must be lonely out there. His only company, a few critters, the odd kangaroo etc. I suspect she was swayed by his marshmallows lol.

Who could blame him for giving Rebecca the eye :)
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone right off Lucy. She's a nasty, spiteful woman and it really shows on her face.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Gone right off Lucy. She's a nasty, spiteful woman and it really shows on her face.

How so? Please don't say she 'looks like the wicked witch of the west'.:D

The more I see of Lucy, the more I like her.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    whatever54 wrote: »
    How so? Please don't say she 'looks like the wicked witch of the west'.:D

The more I see of Lucy, the more I like her.

Isn't this in the wrong thread :confused::o
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Viewers had a chance to vote Rebecca to do a BTT tonight and of course didn't take it.
  • Options
    LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed in ITV for doing nothing to set the record straight regarding doctors orders on what the celebs are allowed to do, but that wouldn't make good tv would it
  • Options
    Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to the radio and it says that Rebecca is scared of heights and claustrophobic, whether this is true or not I don't know,if it is I think she should of not gone in the jungle .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lakeuk wrote: »
    Disappointed in ITV for doing nothing to set the record straight regarding doctors orders on what the celebs are allowed to do, but that wouldn't make good tv would it

It is not up to ITV to discuss someone's medical details: that is for the person themselves to discuss or not as they please. One day they may get a campmate whose piles have flared up, or who has just had an early miscarriage before they knew they were pregnant, or who has received a blow to the testicles that means they must stay out of danger for a few days. They really are entitled to keep personal things quiet.
  • Options
    terryjwterryjw Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Could be as simple as her having her period, and for her safety, as many animals can react violently to hormonal odours, certainly some reptiles will attack and bite a woman at this time, male iguanas will, as my daughter was told this when she wanted to buy one. Maybe rats react the same way.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terryjw wrote: »
    Could be as simple as her having her period, and for her safety, as many animals can react violently to hormonal odours, certainly some reptiles will attack and bite a woman at this time, male iguanas will, as my daughter was told this when she wanted to buy one. Maybe rats react the same way.

I was thinking she might have missed her period, so they are being extra careful. ;)
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Adlington's family have pleaded with I'm A Celebrity producers to reveal the nature of the swimmer's serious medical condition.

The Olympic athlete's aunt Sonia Adlington revealed that all the family are aware of what is wrong with Rebecca, but her uncle Tony added to the Daily Mirror: 'We have been sworn to secrecy'.

He added: 'Becky wants the public to know why she is being excused. We wish the producers would say the reason.'

Sonia also revealed that despite 24-year-old Rebecca's medical issue having ruled her out of three Bushtucker Trials so far, the athlete is desperate to pull her weight and take part in the challenges.

She said: 'It's not Becky's choice. She wants to do the challenges - even eating grubs - but she is not allowed to do some of them on doctor's orders.'

The nature of Rebecca's medical issue is still shrouded in secrecy, but Sonia added that it is a condition that she has suffered from through years of swimming.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2514793/Im-A-Celebrity-Rebecca-Adlingtons-family-ask-bosses-reveal-medical-condition.html#ixzz2lwmBVhj4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    erin_p wrote: »
    Rebecca Adlington's family have pleaded with I'm A Celebrity producers to reveal the nature of the swimmer's serious medical condition.

The Olympic athlete's aunt Sonia Adlington revealed that all the family are aware of what is wrong with Rebecca, but her uncle Tony added to the Daily Mirror: 'We have been sworn to secrecy'.

He added: 'Becky wants the public to know why she is being excused. We wish the producers would say the reason.'

Sonia also revealed that despite 24-year-old Rebecca's medical issue having ruled her out of three Bushtucker Trials so far, the athlete is desperate to pull her weight and take part in the challenges.

She said: 'It's not Becky's choice. She wants to do the challenges - even eating grubs - but she is not allowed to do some of them on doctor's orders.'

The nature of Rebecca's medical issue is still shrouded in secrecy, but Sonia added that it is a condition that she has suffered from through years of swimming.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2514793/Im-A-Celebrity-Rebecca-Adlingtons-family-ask-bosses-reveal-medical-condition.html#ixzz2lwmBVhj4

Hmmm interesting, so all the family want it made public to clear the bad feeling, Becky does too and yet the producers don't want it revealed. Curious, I sense shennanigans and that the program makers are milking it:mad:
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:

I thought the sister tweeted the other day that they didn't know the reason.

:confused:
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    No one cared enough to vote her for the one she could do
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not up to ITV to discuss someone's medical details: that is for the person themselves to discuss or not as they please. One day they may get a campmate whose piles have flared up, or who has just had an early miscarriage before they knew they were pregnant, or who has received a blow to the testicles that means they must stay out of danger for a few days. They really are entitled to keep personal things quiet.

What is it about the phrase "medical details" that makes people think the show can't say why a celeb is being excluded from trials when it's for medical reasons? :confused:

You even seem to think we wouldn't be told about an injury even though we normally are. (I don't know of any exception.)

No one's calling for any blanket revealing of personal things, just that we be told the reason for something that affects a significant part of the show.

If it's something very personal or potentially embarrassing, there would still be ways they could give us a better idea than we have of Rebecca's reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What twaddle the story in the paper is. If the family wanted us to know they'd tell us. How could the producers prevent them if as they say Rebecca wants it known.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    off subject a bit but kind of links, Steve apparently fainted in the jungle yet producers didnt want to show it? i think its clear that their editing of things is more evident than other years; Lucy being made to look like a bitch, The Joey Show, Poor Rebecca and although missing it out might be acceptable, actually NO mention at all of Steve's collapse could make it a bit suspicious
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member

Do not believe that story for a second. Her sister tweeted that nobody in their family knew the medical reasons and that as far as they knew she was in good health. The mail likes to make up its own versions of stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    off subject a bit but kind of links, Steve apparently fainted in the jungle yet producers didnt want to show it? i think its clear that their editing of things is more evident than other years; Lucy being made to look like a bitch, The Joey Show, Poor Rebecca and although missing it out might be acceptable, actually NO mention at all of Steve's collapse could make it a bit suspicious

We know Steve fainted though they just decided not to show it to us which is fair enough. We have seen Lucy be a bitch IMO though you and others disagree. The public kept voting for Joey to do the trials and whoever is voted to do the trials is heavily shown. Since he hasn't been voted for the trials we are seeing less of him. Everyone is going off Rebecca because of her inability to do trials so unless they wanted to to show her in a bad light this is a fail.

I appreciate they edit the show and can try to be crafty when doing so but sometimes it just seems people cry 'edit' to make it fit their own 'edited' view of things.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    What is it about the phrase "medical details" that makes people think the show can't say why a celeb is being excluded from trials when it's for medical reasons? :confused:

You even seem to think we wouldn't be told about an injury even though we normally are. (I don't know of any exception.)

No one's calling for any blanket revealing of personal things, just that we be told the reason for something that affects a significant part of the show.

If it's something very personal or potentially embarrassing, there would still be ways they could give us a better idea than we have of Rebecca's reason.

Totally ignoring what the family have to say .They too are probably fed up with viewers demands. Do they have contact with Rebecca to make such statements? No it's a newspaper report. Sorry but it's no-ones business but hers and the medical team. The confidentiality we are all legally entitled to with health professionals. Does being on this show make her public property ? The viewers demand it all of a sudden?This is all just downright nosiness and false entitlement now. Why is this so important in Rebecca's case? Many people have been excluded on medical grounds.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Totally ignoring what the family have to say .They too are probably fed up with viewers demands. Do they have contact with Rebecca to make such statements? No it's a newspaper report. Sorry but it's no-ones business but hers and the medical team. The confidentiality we are all legally entitled to with health professionals. Does being on this show make her public property ? The viewers demand it all of a sudden?This is all just downright nosiness and false entitlement now. Why is this so important in Rebecca's case? Many people have been excluded on medical grounds.

our entitlement?

entitlement is these z list celebs negotiating/haggling a price with their lawyers and pr team with itv as to how much they think they are valued
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    our entitlement?

entitlement is these z list celebs negotiating/haggling a price with their lawyers and pr team with itv as to how much they think they are valued

Does any of that entitle viewers to suddenly have an explanation about someones health. It never has before.Why now?
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Does any of that entitle viewers to suddenly have an explanation about someones health. It never has before.Why now?

every show i've seen (bb or strictly) where someone is injured they reveal how and why
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    every show i've seen (bb or strictly) where someone is injured they reveal how and why

Who said she is injured?