Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj_91 wrote: »
    Yeah I remember she always won those Bikini contests, rightfully so but Maria should've won that one when Raw was in the UK a few years ago. :D

Yeah, I agree.

One of my favorite Maria moments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uryYy-skDvs

Also this (with Michelle McCool and Maryse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLdATSCbWhM
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I lasted watched it but I think that's about right. I always liked those two and that just made me like them even more!

Of course I'm excited! Luckily got a few days off next week so I can keep up with it all! It's me doing most of the posting over there haha

I tend to watch it back every few months, never get's old lol. PL and BK are awesome dudes!! :D. I remember I was one of the few marking out for them at a SmackDown taping I went to a few years ago lol.

Haha nicceee! It's like WM week but for Gaming, I rarely sleep but during E3 week I pretty much don't sleep at all ha. Haha awesome! Keeping the thread alive huh, I'd post on there but i'd just bitch about how much I need Shenmue III lol. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree.

My favorite Maria moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uryYy-skDvs

Also this (with Michelle McCool and Maryse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLdATSCbWhM

PDS you're a huge mark for the divas huh? :p:D

Damn dude! I miss Maria now lol. I wasn't really a fan of McCool(please don't tell Taker :o) but Maryse was a great heel, Miz is a lucky guy. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS you're a huge mark for the divas huh? :p:D

Damn dude! I miss Maria now lol. I wasn't really a fan of McCool(please don't tell Taker :o) but Maryse was a great heel, Miz is a lucky guy. :D

;) Sure am.

I'm a bigger Taker fan though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;) Sure am.

I'm a bigger Taker fan though.

:D

Undertaker is the man!!!

I liked this spot in the Cena/Bray match at Payback. I think he did the same thing to Umaga(RIP) when they faced at RR07.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Undertaker is the man!!!

I liked this spot in the Cena/Bray match at Payback. I think he did the same thing to Umaga(RIP) when they faced at RR07.

I'm not sure, it's a good spot though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Undertaker is the man!!!

Exactly the same spot, right down to the struggling to lift it bit at the start. Bray sold it better though as the hands up isn't as obvious. On the flip side JR sold it better in the original one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmHlc-aQtPc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rua is god wrote: »
    Exactly the same spot, right down to the struggling to lift it bit at the start. Bray sold it better though as the hands up isn't as obvious. On the flip side JR sold it better in the original one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmHlc-aQtPc

Woah, awesome! Thanks dude. :). Agreed that JR sold it better, notice how King seems very enthusiastic too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler from Lords of Pain:
    - We've noted that Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title was not penciled in for SummerSlam but there was one idea going where Lesnar would win the title at SummerSlam, only to see Money In the Bank winner Cesaro cash in and take the title from Lesnar.

Obviously everything is up in the air with Bryan's status for Money In the Bank on June 29th but word this week is that Bryan vs. Lesnar is indeed one of the long-term plans right now for a SummerSlam main event.

The Lesnar vs. Cesaro feud, which would be part of Cesaro's babyface turn, would take place after the Bryan match at SummerSlam.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Update_on_a_Possible_Lesnar_vs_Bryan_Title_Match_at_WWE_SummerSlam_and_Lesnar_vs_Cesaro.html#wCgrwQzuMBsoThQh.99
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen these before but here's a clip in Memphis Wrestling in the early nineties of Vince basically doing the Mr.McMahon character years before most of us ever saw it. Amazing.
  • Options
    spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I've never seen these before but here's a clip in Memphis Wrestling in the early nineties of Vince basically doing the Mr.McMahon character years before most of us ever saw it. Amazing.
    Amazing alright that's great
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - There are people within WWE who believe that while it appears Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are due for a run with the WWE Tag Team Titles, they won't win the belts after all.

The talk is that WWE will be bringing up NXT Tag Team Champions Konnor and Viktor, The Ascension, soon. There's a feeling that The Usos will keep the titles until The Ascension arrives.

Source: PWInsider
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_Talk_on_Plans_for_the_WWE_Tag_Team_Titles_The_Ascension_Being_Called_Up_Soon.html#R0v77bfeBLGA84FM.99

My thoughts:
    If true, that's a shame I was hoping Harper/Rowan were going to get a Tag Team Title reign.

Tbh I think that makes perfect sense. I must be one of the few people who doesn't see the point in Harper and Rowan holding the belts. I don't know what it is but something to me just doesn't feel right about them having them and they don't need to for career elevation anyway.
    The Ascension taking the belts however makes perfect sense to me
    I tend to watch it back every few months, never get's old lol. PL and BK are awesome dudes!! :D. I remember I was one of the few marking out for them at a SmackDown taping I went to a few years ago lol.

Haha nicceee! It's like WM week but for Gaming, I rarely sleep but during E3 week I pretty much don't sleep at all ha. Haha awesome! Keeping the thread alive huh, I'd post on there but i'd just bitch about how much I need Shenmue III lol. :cry:

I'll have to pick it up again sometime this weekend :)

Yeah, trying to! And with Shenmue 3, you may be in luck if rumours turn out to be true...
    It'll be a real struggle Monday night, simultaneously watching Raw, the Sony conference and keeping up with this thread and the E3 thread. Oh the sad life I lead :p:D
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently WWE.com did a poll after Raw asking if fans had lost respect for Seth Rollins after his actions on Raw. The results were 62% saying yes and 38% saying no and that he was just looking after his own best interests.
    Fair play to the 38%.
    Reminds me of that App poll in 2013 that was used to decide if Vickie was fired where 25% wanted her to stay as Raw authority figure. :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,028
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Apparently WWE.com did a poll after Raw asking if fans had lost respect for Seth Rollins after his actions on Raw. The results were 62% saying yes and 38% saying no and that he was just looking after his own best interests.
    Fair play to the 38%.
    Reminds me of that App poll in 2013 that was used to decide if Vickie was fired where 25% wanted her to stay as Raw authority figure. :D

Oh I instantly respect Rollins more just because he is heel lol.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I hope Rollins won't have to ditch his attire for Batista's wardrobe! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That being said, I do wonder what they'll dress him in now he's probably going to drop his vest?! Imagine they make him take on Big Dave's fashion sense :o
    Rollins in a suit will be awesome though.

I'm with Hollie, initially I was shocked and upset but I respect him even more than I did before, if that's possible!

Saw a funny picture earlier comparing Batista leaving on Monday and how the fans responded to Punk walking out and how the fans reacted. Just makes you think what Batista actually did when he came back, lost clean so many teams and never got the rocket strapped to his back, I respect him a whole lot more for that as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That being said, I do wonder what they'll dress him in now he's probably going to drop his vest?! Imagine they make him take on Big Dave's fashion sense :o

I'm with Hollie, initially I was shocked and upset but I respect him even more than I did before, if that's possible!

Saw a funny picture earlier comparing Batista leaving on Monday and how the fans responded to Punk walking out and how the fans reacted. Just makes you think what Batista actually did when he came back, lost clean so many teams and never got the rocket strapped to his back, I respect him a whole lot more for that as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - New Zealand pro wrestler Jade Diamond will be receiving a tryout with WWE on their Australian tour this August. WWE has been scouting talents in Australia and New Zealand that are at least 6 feet tall. Diamond is 6 foot 2 inches.

- #1 contender Tyler Breeze will debut a new music video for himself on tomorrow night's episode of WWE NXT.

- Next Tuesday night's episode of WWE Countdown on the WWE Network will look at the greatest trash talkers in wrestling history.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/NXT_Star_to_Debut_Music_Video_WWE_Seeking_6_Foot_Wrestlers_for_Tryouts_WWE_Countdown.html#kiCHmKo8ouMYeYV7.99

My thoughts:
    - I wonder if this Jade Diamond is any good.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm, he won the Royal Rumble within a week of returning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree - I understand why the reaction is different as people prefer Punk to Batista but fair play to Batista. He came back and was willing to do whatever WWE asked and cope with the often huge amounts of mocking/criticising he got from fans (especially online). He could quite easily have just come back in and demanded a title or else or could have "taken his ball and run home" (like others have done) but didn't so fair play to him. And he's been involved in some good matches and more than held his own in them.

In fact fair play to Evolution v1.0 they couldn't have put Bryan and The Shield v1.0 more over in the last 3 PPVs if they tried. Of course it's the right thing to do and so should happen but as Cena's booking in that period shows it doesn't always happen (sorry to Cena-bash but it's a real contrast) so fair play to them.
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    Erm, he won the Royal Rumble within a week of returning.

He did. And we all agree I think that that wasn't the right decision.
    But obviously the original plan was for him to win at WM and he could easily have just refused to go along with the "new" plan of putting Bryan over but didn't. He did to use the rocket analogy have a rocket strapped upon his back upon his return but when TPTB realised that and ignoring Bryan was a mistake he was willing to pass the rocket to Bryan (this rocket analogy isn't working I'm realising).
    I'm not saying he deserves a medal or anything but deserves some respect for that and being willing to be pinned 3 PPVs in a row as a returning superstar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like how the reaction to Batista's first return run has been on here though:

Before he returned: Yay, Batista is back.
    When he first returned: Sick of him already. He's awful. And he can't dress himself.
    When he won Royal Rumble: Why WWE? Why?
    During that Elimination Chamber PPV match v Del Rio: Can he please just go now? And he stil can't dress himself.
    After he turned heel: Still awful but slightly more bearable. But he still can't dress himself normally.
    After the WM main-event: Ah fair play he was prepared to lose and it was a good match.
    After Extreme Rules: Another good Batista match and he got pinned clean again.
    After Payback: The thread seemed to warm to him and at least respect him for getting pinned clean for the 3rd PPV in a Raw - but were now calling him "Bluetista". And we all still think his dress sense is awful.
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish WWE do a campaign that encourages people going to watch them live to bring signs along with them. Just like their Be A STAR campaign, get heels, faces and management figures together. Get them talking about their favourite crowd signs and encourage people to bring their own. Tagline/hashtag could be as simple as WWExpress Yourself.
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    For me the Batista situation was simple. He did not deserve to win the title at Wrestlemania, and the fans made sure of it!

I do want him to return though.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will we have HHH screaming 'My client Seth Rollins conquered The Shield!?
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    When will we have HHH screaming 'My client Seth Rollins conquered The Shield!?

I think it will be more like, 'I always win' - which is so true!
This discussion has been closed.