can`t cope and i don`t know where to turn

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    you are all helping very much, thank you, i was just looking at mind, thank you sweetpeanut, i didn`t realise they could help with practical stuff.

vernon:

thank you:)

i`ve hardly been smoking but maybe once a fortnight, it`s been very dry here. weed does help me, it acts as a stabiliser for my bipolar and quells my anxiety, it also helps with my add by enabling me to focus on less things at once and slows down my racing head.
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I hope you're a little more positive now - like the others, I think perhaps you should look into moving, a new start may be just what you need. IIRC your daughter & family is moving soon - why not look into moving closer to her, so you will be nearer to her & her family?

she moved last week deb, she`ll be moving again in a couple of years, her husband is in the army :(.

i am feeling a lot calmer now thank you, i`m going to eat something and try to sleep for a bit. you`ve been so helpful, thank you :)
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she moved last week deb, she`ll be moving again in a couple of years, her husband is in the army :(.

i am feeling a lot calmer now thank you, i`m going to eat something and try to sleep for a bit. you`ve been so helpful, thank you :)

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better. Do contact MIND, they will help you. Good luck love xx
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Also wanting to add my support here, Annette. You are one of my favourite posters - you have friends here. Hang on in there. Keep talking to us, if that helps.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Hope you are ok Annette
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please count me as one of those you can contact if you need a favour or just to gab with, Annette.

About the housing issue, you could contact Rethink as they offer local services to those who prefer to live independently but in need of some support, practical and otherwise.

A family friend, who has a severe social anxiety disorder (the idea of phoning someone is enough to give him an anxiety attack, for instance), used their services a couple of years ago to help him with a house move.

He's still shocked at how focused they were on his comfort zone, and how they never once made him feel 'stupid' about his preferences, requirements, needs and anxieties. He's happy in his new home, and his local Rethink group still offers support, including making phone calls on his behalf, through email when he's having one of his - he puts it - "silly days".

http://www.rethink.org/services-groups
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isnt really anything for me to add because it looks like you have had some fantastic advice on this thread. Becoming overwhelmed can happen to anyone (I've got that T shirt) but as someone already said, separate out each problem rather than trying to look at the whole, it'll be easier.

I have huge respect for you, you are such a likable poster and I hope things get a bit easier for you soon ;-)
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Aw hen...so sorry you're feeling this way. Been there. I wish I had words of wisdom for you but the good folks of DS have already suggested everything I would. You sound similar to me in many ways. Take care and PM if you need to. You are not alone.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I've just seen this thread.

I'm also adding my support to you, Annette, I have come to like and respect you very much on DS and am so sorry to read of your current distress.

I do hope you feel even a little better now, or have managed to contact someone who can help you.

Don't forget, we are here for you. We can be an argumentative bunch at times on DS, but when one of our own is in trouble, we stick together.

Please report back, if and when you are able, to let us know how things are at the moment. Hopefully you managed to eat a little and are resting now.

(I also have a lot in common with things that you have said).

Best wishes.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have any practical advice, but I couldn't read this thread and run.

Hope you're feeling better soon Annette. :)
    Forum Member
    thank you all very much for being so nice, i do apologise for my meltdown.

thank you for the rethink link takae, i`m looking at that now. i`m not very good at asking for help but i will have to force myself, i can`t go on this way.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member

thank you for the rethink link takae, i`m looking at that now. i`m not very good at asking for help but i will have to force myself, i can`t go on this way.

Will you stop apologising woman! :)
    You can't help how you feel, and it's good to see the nice side of DS. :D
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Please count me as one of those you can contact if you need a favour or just to gab with, Annette.

About the housing issue, you could contact Rethink as they offer local services to those who prefer to live independently but in need of some support, practical and otherwise.

A family friend, who has a severe social anxiety disorder (the idea of phoning someone is enough to give him an anxiety attack, for instance), used their services a couple of years ago to help him with a house move.

He's still shocked at how focused they were on his comfort zone, and how they never once made him feel 'stupid' about his preferences, requirements, needs and anxieties. He's happy in his new home, and his local Rethink group still offers support, including making phone calls on his behalf, through email when he's having one of his - he puts it - "silly days".

http://www.rethink.org/services-groups

They look great! and reachable. Like your freind I cant use the phone and my mental health team were not contactable by email.... they said they cant have people sending suicide mail and they might not be there I do understand that but we are daft not stupid! and they could have put anywhere on the link that they might not be around, and we would understand and take that on board. But by not taking email they cut a lot of us off.

Anyway its all in the past, and like me I suspect once Annette get that first boost she will rock it again and be able to get things done her way.

My MHT were absolutely useless, so that link probably would have got me the help I desperately needed at the time. OK I did it (moved) by myself in the end but the whole thing knocked me for 6. lost half my possessions and was living out of a boxes until my mind cleared itself up..
    But as I say since then my life took off and ive not looked back.

Annette You will look back at this thread and be amazed that you ever got to this point, but so glad you did something about it.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing to feel sorry about at all. Very glad you reached out at your time of need so you know you are not alone with this, or in this. A lot of us have been there
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope things are looking more positive for you today Annette. xx
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Annette.

I hope you have managed to get some sleep now and woken up feeling a bit better today.
    Wishing you all the best x
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Hope you're feeling better this morning, Annette.x
    Forum Member
    thank you :)

i have an appointment with a doctor this afternoon, not one i`ve sen before :o my normal doc is on her holidays and someone else rang for me but i think i`ll just be asking for referral back to the nut team anyhow.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Hope all goes well today Annette, I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes and good karma your way.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning Annette, sounds more positive and a new doctor may be just what you need, often I have found a new person takes more care and interest, so hope that's true in your case too.

Good luck and keep chatting you are needed on DS !
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Annette, so pleased to see you are a bit happier and more positive today. Keep smiling babes. You will get through this and the sooner you get a house move the better. xx
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Good luck with the doc. Thinking of you. X
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you :)

i have an appointment with a doctor this afternoon, not one i`ve sen before :o my normal doc is on her holidays and someone else rang for me but i think i`ll just be asking for referral back to the nut team anyhow.

That's good. You haven't had to wait for days! I hope it goes well Annette. I'll be thinking of you. xxxxx
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck at the Dr xx
  • BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    More good wishes here too. :)
    Forum Member
    well i won`t be going to see that doctor again if i can avoid it.

by the time i got in there i was in tears but i wasn`t unintelligible, she pushed the tissues at me and snapped you have to calm down, that helped no end. then she asked me what i wanted her to do :confused: i said i wasn`t the bloody doctor [:blush:] and if i knew what to do i wouldn`t have dragged myself down there.

after that she decided i couldn`t be on my own, i said i certainly couldn`t be doing with other people flapping round me, it makes more stress not less - she had trouble understanding that too.

in the finish she gave me a script for a week`s worth of meds i`ve already got and told me to go back and see her next week, i think not.

she has referred me back to the nut team, who DO know how to talk to someone in crisis.

/rant