Options

Petition to get something done about the bullying of jale

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    puddy wrote: »
    I'm with you on this. There's too much outside intervention as it is. Early BB's had no contact with the outside world at all - no booing, chanting etc. They didn't know who was liked/disliked until they left the house.

The BB1 HM's didn't even know if people were actually watching!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    http://www.petitions24.com/stop_the_bullying_of_jale Come on let's get this signed and sort out the bullies on big brother !!!

Oh believe me I do turn over once I know the bullying is going to start I find it really u comfortable and horrible to watch so telling me to not watch well let's get this right I don't watch when people are being bullied
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    planetmatt wrote: »
    Victims: Learn not to be victims. Bullys: Learn to stop being dicks.

Victim blamers: learn who to blame.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it so bad that I am trying to do something cause it's not comfortable watching of the show ??

Well, yes it possibly is becuase taking it off the TV will not stop bullying at all. There are thousands of people like Pauline and Helen all over the country pulling stunts like this under the guise of "i'm a strong willed person" or "I talk straight me" and unless the results of their actions are shown and understood to be as bad as they are then these people who don't think they are bullies will continue to be bullies.

Personally, I think Pauline's attempts to be the alpha in the house by a mixture of forceful personality, passive-agressive and agressive-agressive conversations and an attempt to dominate the kitchen to the extent people are starting to think it is her kitchen is an interesting study as to how people with cr*p personalities float to the top of the corporate ladder or end up getting paid millions for kicking a ball.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone read the names?

Someone called Jock Strap has signed it. It also appears Helen and Pauline have signed it.

What a farce. These petitions are a waste of time. :D

and...
    Nick Bateman (nasty nick BB1)
    Phil Edgar-Jones (producer of BB)
    Rik Waller
    Brian Dowling
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Well, yes it possibly is becuase taking it off the TV will not stop bullying at all. There are thousands of people like Pauline and Helen all over the country pulling stunts like this under the guise of "i'm a strong willed person" or "I talk straight me" and unless the results of their actions are shown and understood to be as bad as they are then these people who don't think they are bullies will continue to be bullies.

Personally, I think Pauline's attempts to be the alpha in the house by a mixture of forceful personality, passive-agressive and agressive-agressive conversations and an attempt to dominate the kitchen to the extent people are starting to think it is her kitchen is an interesting study as to how people with cr*p personalities float to the top of the corporate ladder or end up getting paid millions for kicking a ball.

Am sure my petition is going to shut down big brother funniest comment in here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Oh believe me I do turn over once I know the bullying is going to start I find it really u comfortable and horrible to watch so telling me to not watch well let's get this right I don't watch when people are being bullied

I'm sorry but bullying has been in every show since the onset ..... BB are watching every move and the producers will not let it go too far (just incase it should offend the Great British public) ... personally in the age of political correctness gone insane I'm loving every minute of this show.

The whole point of BB is to let the contestants get on with it and only intervene if there is violence, racial comments etc. Calling someone a slug is hardly up there is it ....

Please no more petitions ...we are not babies and neither are the contestants. Jale is big enough to say something ...... she is the one who is coming out of the situaition looking the better lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    and...
    Nick Bateman (nasty nick BB1)
    Phil Edgar-Jones (producer of BB)
    Rik Waller
    Brian Dowling

Probably the idiots on here that's slagging the petition off and telling me to grow up are the ones signing as these silly names so who needs grow up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kimbuctoo wrote: »
    I'm sorry but bullying has been in every show since the onset ..... BB are watching every move and the producers will not let it go too far (just incase it should offend the Great British public) ... personally in the age of political correctness gone insane I'm loving every minute of this show.

The whole point of BB is to let the contestants get on with it and only intervene if there is violence, racial comments etc. Calling someone a slug is hardly up there is it ....

Please no more petitions ...we are not babies and neither are the contestants.

Don't reply to this thread them
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well as was previously mentioned don't open a thread on a public forum and expect everyone to agree with you
  • Options
    planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Victim blamers: learn who to blame.

It's natural for a predator to assume control over a perceivably weaker adversary. How the victim presents themselves DOES have an affect on how they are treated whether that offends your world view or not. It is a fact.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What exactly do you hope to achieve with this petition?

How many are you aiming for?

Who will you pass the petition onto?
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Jale could complain to Big Brother if she felt bullied and BB would have to act.

Exactly so what is the point of a petition when Jale herself doesn't want to do anything about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kimbuctoo wrote: »
    Well as was previously mentioned don't open a thread on a public forum and expect everyone to agree with you

I never once expected everyone to agree with me so you're wrong there sweetheart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly so what is the point of a petition when Jale herself doesn't want to do anything about it.

It makes small powerless people feel like they have some essence of control in a world in which they don't. A temporary power trip which is ironic considering this year's theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Don't worry about the petition you're not wanting to sign so don't you worry your pretty self about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never once expected everyone to agree with me so you're wrong there sweetheart

the patronising "sweetheart" really makes this post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It makes small powerless people feel like they have some essence of control in a world in which they don't. A temporary power trip which is ironic considering this year's theme.

Oh you're so right I love the power lol so funny these comments
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the patronising "sweetheart" really makes this post.

Sure does sweetheart
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sorry. I hate what's going on but it's BB - it has to play itself out with little or no intervention. I'm confident that it's being monitored. Jale is showing remarkable stoicism - it's not nice but hopefully if it gets too bad they will intervene. For the moment it is giving the 'horribles' enough rope/scope to hang themselves.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True. Jale is more than capable of standing up for herself, she herself admits to having a bad temper and I'm sure could give as good as she is getting but is choosing not too. By not reacting Jale is winning, not only has she got most of the public onside Pauline etc have lost a lot of support. It is uncomfortable to watch but we must let it play out naturally, Jale is not stupid she knows what is happening and she knows that the public knows as well, Paulines boos confirmed it.

Big brother has always had goodies, baddies and victims and will continue to do. That's what makes it reality we aren't all angels and neither are the housemates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure does sweetheart

Yes please don't patronise me for making a comment - that remark is uncalled for.
  • Options
    lazylegslazylegs Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Jale will deal with the bullies when she is good and ready . She is conducting herself in the proper manner and giving them enough rope to hang themselves. BB will be monitoring the situation . :)
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    It's natural for a predator to assume control over a perceivably weaker adversary. How the victim presents themselves DOES have an affect on how they are treated whether that offends your world view or not. It is a fact.

Oh, I wouldn't disagree with that.

It's the fact that you want victims to 'learn not to be victims', as opposed to 'learn how to spot predators and how to deal with them when they appear'.

Some people are naturally timid, gentle etc.
    I don't want them to change their natural state. I want bullies to be educated and stopped.