Options

Are the anti-West jihadists just jealous?

AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You see the jihadists in their black outfits ranting on YouTube about how much they hate the infidels and how people live in the West, how they just want to blow everyone up.

Are they a little bit bitter about the peaceful and wealthy lifestyle we enjoy? Does it annoy them that people can generally live in a successful society where women, gay people etc. enjoy the same liberties as everyone else?

I really think they need to calm down as they have major anger issues. Where does it all come from?

Comments

• Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to the West for a better way of life; try to turn the West into a medieval shithole.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are all seriously lacking a few brain cells. Complete and utter nutters. Why tf don't they just get on with their lives ( get a job, family etc) and let everyone do the same? If we could separate them from everyone else we should just round em up, put em in a field and BOMB THE BARSTARDS!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure that 'jealous' is quite the word, but I think there is a powerful sense of grievance that they have somehow lost out in terms of world power. It is a psychological cliche, but a true one imo, that if someone feels disempowered they often turn on the one person or group whom they CAN dominate and control; hence no-hope, bottom-of-the-heap people bullying children or animals. Jihadists tend to be particularly keen on the subservience of women. It is one of the most depressing aspects of Iraq that a country that used to be relatively multi-faith, secular and with women in positions of power, might be reverting back to one where only religiously dominant males have power.

The most hopeful statement I saw about Boko Haram was the promise someone made to invest a large sum of money into developing employment in Northern Nigeria. People who feel that they have power and control in their own personal lives are less likely to feel the need to exert their power and control over other people. (I think I read that parts of Iraq have 80% male unemployment, always a highly explosive situation).
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that many of them are insecure men who want to keep women repressed otherwise they would have no chance with them.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a significant proportion of them are probably mentally ill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're total hypocrites. They claim to hate the west, yet are more than happy to drive western cars and use western technology.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Osama Bin Laden was supposed to have been some kind of Saudi prince.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think demented is a more appropiate word to describe them,
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah they want high streets full of starbucks and fast food chains just like us
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're total hypocrites. They claim to hate the west, yet are more than happy to drive western cars and use western technology.

and wear western clothing.
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I thought Osama Bin Laden was supposed to have been some kind of Saudi prince.

Yes, he was. But then he claimed to have had a religious experience which turned him against the privileged lifestyle. But of course all religious people want the eternal privileges that "Heaven" offers.
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    I think a significant proportion of them are probably mentally ill.
    Definatly. I've seen video of ISIS driving in the streets and shooting anything that moves. ANYONE at all!

Just blokes walking in the street. Blokes driving cars and they open fire at them from a speeding car. Then they stop and spray the bodies with bullets...just to make sure!

They're fcking nutters!
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    Definatly. I've seen video of ISIS driving in the streets and shooting anything that moves. ANYONE at all!

Just blokes walking in the street. Blokes driving cars and they open fire at them from a speeding car. Then they stop and spray the bodies with bullets...just to make sure!

They're fcking nutters!
    People think mental health provision is poor in this country, imagine what it's like in North Africa/Arab countries/Pakistan.... That's ignoring the other problem of people susceptible to paranoid delusions or hallucinations being drawn into religious zealotry.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indoctrinated from birth and controlled by people who wish to dictate the way of the world backed up by millennia old folk stories, Just like the rest of the religions.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Mainly made in Asia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    Mainly made in Asia

Toyota do make the best pick-ups for the money though, hence all the Toyota technicals.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not jealous. They sneer at our freedoms and think us weak for them.

They're medieval bampots.
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Their religion forces them to believe that us being tolerant is an affront to their make believe God. They're not jealous, just a bit stupid. We can argue that the peacefully religious enable them to have their ridiculous views.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    They're not jealous. They sneer at our freedoms and think us weak for them.

They're medieval bampots.

Bampot, I like that word! I am going to use it more often :)
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that 'jealous' is quite the word, but I think there is a powerful sense of grievance that they have somehow lost out in terms of world power. It is a psychological cliche, but a true one imo, that if someone feels disempowered they often turn on the one person or group whom they CAN dominate and control; hence no-hope, bottom-of-the-heap people bullying children or animals. Jihadists tend to be particularly keen on the subservience of women. It is one of the most depressing aspects of Iraq that a country that used to be relatively multi-faith, secular and with women in positions of power, might be reverting back to one where only religiously dominant males have power.

The most hopplpeful statement I saw about Boko Haram was the promise someone made to invest a large sum of money into developing employment in Northern Nigeria. People who feel that they have power and control in their own personal lives are less likely to feel the need to exert their power and control over other people. (I think I read that parts of Iraq have 80% male unemployment, always a highly explosive situation).

Whilst I have criticism of western foreign policy, I think this youtube video hits the nail in the head:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_RR5omrao
    I am sure someone will post the english translation but the guy essentially tells the host to get his head screwed on and states that Pakistani muslims are treated better and treated as humans in the west than in Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Indoctrinated from birth and controlled by people who wish to dictate the way of the world backed up by millennia old folk stories, Just like the rest of the religions.

Yup, gotta go with this
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the cross we bear (so to speak) for having an industrial revolution and The Age of Enlightenment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With the exception of `Islam` that is, who are still in the 14th century, other religions have moved forward with the times, many just dropout or even change their Allegiance to another religion (even to Islam]..But it would be at your peril if you converted OUT of Islam
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think those foaming at the mouth types ever have a good old belly laugh. Not an evil chuckle when an infidel is killed, but a real laugh at life. I can't see it. They are all so angry and miserable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think those foaming at the mouth types ever have a good old belly laugh. Not an evil chuckle when an infidel is killed, but a real laugh at life. I can't see it. They are all so angry and miserable.

No, they just start shouting adverts for Abdul's Snackbar. It's either that or they're all big fans of Star Wars, and one Admiral in particular.