Options

Programmes you follow and don't follow

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Out of interest, what are everyone's likes and dislikes? For me I enjoy factual programming the most, followed by comedy, drama and sports like tennis, racing, golf, cycling, athletics and combat sports. My main dislikes are soaps, reality shows, most modern entertainment shows, daytime and team sports( won't go near rugby, football or cricket).

Comments

• Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourites;

1.Coronation St and Emmerdale ( I don't watch any other soaps)
    2.Drama
    3.Property programmes ( such as Restoration Man and Restoration Home)
    4.Documentaries about human biology or social history.
    5.Strictly Come Dancing

Don't Bother With;

1. Saturday night entertainment shows ( apart from Strictly,which I love)
    2.'Nightly fix' entertainment shows ( such as BB and I'm A Celebrity..)
    3.TOWIE and it's ilk.
    4.Tennis & golf ( but I'll suffer other sports if OH wants to watch them)
    5.'Council Estate Fodder' ( I know I'm a snob :D) such as Benidorm,Trollied,Shameless.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I surprise myself what I sometimes watch - can't believe I sat through several hours of TNA Wrestling the other night on Challenge!! But in the main it's a mixture of allsorts - dislike the soaps (especially the dreadful EE) - if there's one I would watch it would be Coronation Street, for me it deftly combines drama with laughs. Entertainment shows are fine - like club football over watching internationals, dislike rugby, cricket.

I follow:-

BBC1 -

The Apprentice - truly cringeworthy at times, but strangely watchable!
    Question TIme - the old stalwart's just finished another run!

Rest of the year I'll be watching Strictly Come Dancing, Masterchef/Celebrity Masterchef, Football League Show, Have I Got News For You, Apprentice USA...

BBC2 -

Mock The Week, QI, Mastermind, University Challenge, Great Railway Journeys, Coast, other odd documentaries...

ITV -

X Factor, BGT, The Chase, Dickinson's Real Deal...

C4 -

Come Dine With Me, Four Rooms, Three/Four In A Bed, other odd documentaries...

C5 -

Ice Road Truckers Dangerous Roads, odd documentaries...

Other -

Lizard Lick Towing (Dave), The Saint, New Avengers (ITV4)...

By no meands exhaustive, and I am not one to NOT watch a prog. just because it's on a certain channel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch mainly drama and documentaries. I also watch retro comedies via Youtube, DVD, or other sources.

I avoid the Big Brother/I'm a Celeb brand of reality programming and "controversial" shows about things like dogging. Dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    I surprise myself what I sometimes watch - can't believe I sat through several hours of TNA Wrestling the other night on Challenge!!

Awww...lol...did you enjoy it? My husband and I have started a little recap/review podcast of TNA. He's been watching wrestling for years, but I'm fairly new to it. I enjoy the sort of camp value it has and when you get some quality wrestling in, as well... Its really good fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My real favourites are BBC Four music documentaries and re runs of TOTP, along with dramas based on the lives of people like Kenny Everett. Also I can never miss New Tricks, Mrs Brown, Luther, Whitechapel, Wimbledon, The Olympics.
    What I tend to avoid like the plague are daytime shows, which seem often to be aimed at couch potatoes.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveskey69 wrote: »
    Awww...lol...did you enjoy it? My husband and I have started a little recap/review podcast of TNA. He's been watching wrestling for years, but I'm fairly new to it. I enjoy the sort of camp value it has and when you get some quality wrestling in, as well... Its really good fun!

Actually I did enjoy it - it was a good laugh! :) And I admit years ago (in the early days of Sky) I watched WWF - thoroughly enjoying the likes of The Bushwhackers & Paul Bearer (who sadly is no longer with us). Infact, I had a soft spot for wrestling on ITV World Of Sport donkeys years ago - Saturday's at 4pm! Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy - and Mick McManus (another legend who recently died)...

Glenn A wrote: »
    My real favourites are BBC Four music documentaries and re runs of TOTP, along with dramas based on the lives of people like Kenny Everett. Also I can never miss New Tricks, Mrs Brown, Luther, Whitechapel, Wimbledon, The Olympics.
    What I tend to avoid like the plague are daytime shows, which seem often to be aimed at couch potatoes.

Excellent trip down memory lane - especially the current run from 1978 - and check out the TOTP thread on this forum! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    Actually I did enjoy it - it was a good laugh! :) And I admit years ago (in the early days of Sky) I watched WWF - thoroughly enjoying the likes of The Bushwhackers & Paul Bearer (who sadly is no longer with us). Infact, I had a soft spot for wrestling on ITV World Of Sport donkeys years ago - Saturday's at 4pm! Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy - and Mick McManus (another legend who recently died)...

Excellent trip down memory lane - especially the current run from 1978 - and check out the TOTP thread on this forum! :)

I do as this is one of my favourites. BBC Four is one of the best channels and isn't all opera and intellectuals like some people think it is.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised something else I refuse to watch ( it's on right now,so it jogged my memory)

Million Pound Drop.

I liked it at first,then I realised there was an age/intelligence level bias toward empty-headed 20 somethings.
    They had a few older people on at first but then they realised they were taking too much money off them because they went to school before the education system went to sh*t.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch way too much TV...

I love the big entertainment shows - Britain's Got Talent, X Factor and I'm A Celebrity I watch every year. I enjoy watching Big Brother and the Apprentice too. I also love watching Four in a Bed on Channel 4 too.

The only soap I watch consistently is Coronation Street, though I do catch Emmerdale and Hollyoaks when I can too as I think they have good storylines and characters.

I also love crime dramas and drama in general - Silent Witness, Law and Order UK, Poirot, Endeavour, Lewis etc. I watch a lot of ITV3 as they show some great classic dramas and crime drama. I also love watching classic episodes of Casualty and The Bill. I like watching BBC4 on Saturday nights when they show the foreign crime dramas. I love Spiral and Wallander.

I can't stand Come Dine with Me, Coach Trip or any of the other lifestyle shows on Channel 4 though. I also don't watch the scripted reality shows like Essex, Made in Chelsea etc. I don't get the appeal of those shows at all. I can't stand EastEnders or The One Show either. Or anything on BBC3, apart from Russell Howard's Good News.