Lucy Spraggan on twitter now

13»

Comments

• FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    His music? It's obviously not his personality.

Well clearly, my point was, acting like he is, is a very quick way to actually alienate people.

There is a difference between being controversial and just being a grade A asshole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I don't really want to be involved in the JA debate but I will
    say that the rapper that started it wanted publicity. :rolleyes:

Lucy Spraggan got involved because she wanted publicity. :rolleyes:

James is the fool for responding to their taunts, as for the
    queer comment it was in response to the taunt from the
    rapper and JA responded in kind with no thought to the
    consequences. :eek::o

Spraggan either is or isn't a gay rights activist so I see no wrong
    in JA saying that, but the rest of his message shows a large
    ego possibly soon to be brought down to earth. :D:D

I remember when queer just meant odd until it was high jacked to mean something else. ;)

Looking at the Tamera thread then I think you should all
    forgive him as he's only 25.

:D:D:D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    SOD_IT wrote: »
    I don't really want to be involved in the JA debate but I will
    say that the rapper that started it wanted publicity. :rolleyes:

Lucy Spraggan got involved because she wanted publicity. :rolleyes:

James is the fool for responding to their taunts, as for the
    queer comment it was in response to the taunt from the
    rapper and JA responded in kind with no thought to the
    consequences. :eek::o

Spraggan either is or isn't a gay rights activist so I see no wrong
    in JA saying that, but the rest of his message shows a large
    ego possibly soon to be brought down to earth. :D:D

I remember when queer just meant odd until it was high jacked to mean something else. ;)

The rapper maybe, but I'm not sure you can say the same for Lucy. She made a few comments on twitter which were not addressed to anyone. That isn't courting publicity. As a result James texted her and had a go and then she put them on twitter......revenge is sweet I guess.

The fact that he lacks any form of self control is a matter for him, it doesn't excuse him for his never ending reactions to any form of critisism. As an adult, he has to take responsbility for his actions as we all do. He's always blaming other people when in truth he starts it all the time. He makes the offensive comments in the first place and when he receives any form of response he plays the victim.

I tend to think a lot of the press have missed the point with their headlines. The reference to 'real people don't care' suggested that gays aren't real people and therefore don't count. To me that was the most blatant evidence that a) his apology was insincere and b) he's a bigot

The depressing thing is thousands of impressionable teenagers lap up what he does and think it's something to look up to. Call me old fashioned but to my mind the powers that be have a moral responsibility not to support an artist who brings nothing but arrogance, aggression and prejudice to the table.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Well, if I disliked him before I hate him now. How dare he be such a tithead to my favourite person/artist to come off X Factor :mad: (On a sidenote, saw her last Saturday, she was amazing. Would recommend to anyone who was a fan of hers who gets the chance to see her live ^_^)

In all seriousness though, he's an idiot. He's just continuing to make himself more and more disliked in his desperate attempt to stay relevant in that awkward transition phase when you realize if an X Factor winner is going to have a successful second album or is going to be dropped. Most likely he's going to end up the worst of the lot when he not only gets dropped, but doesn't even have a dedicated fanbase to fall back on because he's acting like such a ****.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Lucy Spraggan's music but if there is anyone to be coming out of this whole affair showing themselves to have integrity and being 'real', it's her.

While JA is thrashing around trying to convince anyone who'll foolishly listen that he's 'real' and 'authentic' with his written-by-committee album, on she goes carving her own path, being true to herself and what she believes, and releasing her *real* self-penned music. She's doing quite well for herself, I believe, and good on her.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most offensive thing in those messages is his bastardisation of "you're". UGH.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how he tells her his album was SELF PENNED....yeah she'd no nothing about that would she!?

I don't think Lucy wanted publicity. I think she must have just been angry with what he said. Then he retorted with text messages. She then wanted to expose him for the fool he is thus exposed them to the world.

Team Lucy i'd say. James you are while.
    I love it...
    'My album sold TEN times yours in the first week'
    What a tosser.
  • jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want publicity you do not reply to a text on twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jock_f wrote: »
    If you don't want publicity you do not reply to a text on twitter.

I think she snapped to be honest, he posted the rest of the convo on his twitter and at the end of it he called her an f-ing imbecile, so I think that just got her really mad and posted it
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Nicole to speak out against James now!
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so glad that picture of James Arthur in the Santa costume's gone wtf was that :eek: it was the equivalent of sprinkling glitter on dog s**t :rolleyes: