Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    In the meantime, why not relive Vice City again?

I really feel like playing through SA again i love that game either that or back through SR2
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually started a new playthrough of SA on the PC a couple of weeks ago. Still in Grove St at the mo, but loving it...
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    June/July even it is GTA :rolleyes:

Look at when the last few R* games released

Mostly May
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see they've dropped the price to 39.99 now to stop the code from working.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played through Vice and San Andreas again recently to 100%. Awesome games. I tried 3 but couldn't get Xpadder working well enough with it, plus I didn't really like 3 as much as the other 2.

I will finish the story line missions of GTA4 and the DLC at least before V comes out. I can't be doing with 100%'ing it as it really isn't that good a game but I would like to finish it. Trouble is my save wiped so I've got to start from scratch when I was about 7 missions from the end :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody know where I can get a PC game save file for SA?

Looking for one that has at least San Fierro unlocked.. For some reason I can't seem to get passed any of the dancing side missions.
  • slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope they scratch the pigeon shoot for 100% I mean, how dull is that? Just give us more stunt jumps or something ffs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less pigeon shooting, more breaking into police cars and turning vigilante.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pigeon shooting sucked lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Pigeon shooting sucked lol

Am i the only one that enjoyed this? Going about with a guide trying to find them then scoring them off the map, the only thing was had started it before scoring the map so would take forever hunting for ones that i'd already shot :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Packages were okay but getting the 100 pigeons did my head in lol
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the annoying things about multiplayer races on GTAIV is when you get killed repeatedly by a player with no way to escape and you are forced to quit.

Hopefully something will be done to minimise that in GTA, such as respawning a couple of checkpoints back, giving you time to find another weapon to fight back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    With Call of Duty: Black Ops II being the way it is, I've gone back to GTA: IV and at the moment I'm really enjoying it. It's not my favourite Grand Theft Auto by a long shot, I'm just a sucker for getting 100% in games.
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been replaying Grand Theft Auto IV and decided to check out multiplayer as I severely neglect online play. I only lasted five minutes before another player pounced and shot me out of the game but it was kind of fun.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Packages were okay but getting the 100 pigeons did my head in lol

Yet another reason I dislike GTAIV

Firstly collecting 100 packages isn't fun, period. No matter how it is jazzed up, in whatever guise they try and do it, it is not fun. However if you got 10 of them you got a spawning weapon in your hideouts. You did them because they rewarded you for doing them, and for the best rewards, you had to collect them all. Everyones a winner.

GTAIV comes around and the realism factor kicks in and all of a sudden there are no packages, but pidgeons to kill. Nice idea, but 1. They've doubled it to 200, and 2. You get next to nothing for doing them. I moan I found GTAIV's map samey and hard to navigate. Had I bothered to do the pidegeons I might have got used to it quicker, like in the older games. Why bother to collect pidegeons for no reward?

Also when you killed them you were likely to gain attention of the cops as you HAD to use a firearm to kill them.

Totally, totally ruined the package system.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been replaying Grand Theft Auto IV and decided to check out multiplayer as I severely neglect online play. I only lasted five minutes before another player pounced and shot me out of the game but it was kind of fun.

On xbox its been ruined by the hackers. I hope Rockstar gets tough on the people.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm still mega excited. Never done a game 100% mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm still mega excited. Never done a game 100% mind.

I've only ever done the Lego games but there a load of fun but too small that it's not near on impossble
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Also when you killed them you were likely to gain attention of the cops as you HAD to use a firearm to kill them.

Totally, totally ruined the package system.

This! drove me spare that I'd spent ages looking for a pidgeon perched on a random ledge 40 storeys up a building somewhere only for the police to arrive so I'd have to spend 5 mins shaking them off before going after the next one.

I missed the fire engine, ambulance and pizza delivery missions, I hope the daft side quests return in 5.
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Could we have some music that we can actually tolerate in this one please Rockstar? Especially on the classic rock station. If you are going to put in songs from people like David Bowie, Queen, The Who, Black Sabbath, Genesis, Elton John etc, could you at least make sure that they are actually songs that people like in the first place, and not some shite album filler or B-sides?
    The reason a lot of the bands you picked for Radio Broker were unsigned is because they were crap. It's as simple as that.
    BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM.
    WIKKID MAN IM WIKKID IN A BED.
    RIDIN WITH MY TOP DOWN, WITH MY JHERI ON.
    Shite.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Could we have some music that we can actually tolerate in this one please Rockstar? Especially on the classic rock station. If you are going to put in songs from people like David Bowie, Queen, The Who, Black Sabbath, Genesis, Elton John etc, could you at least make sure that they are actually songs that people like in the first place, and not some shite album filler or B-sides?
    The reason a lot of the bands you picked for Radio Broker were unsigned is because they were crap. It's as simple as that.
    Shite.

Badder dam dem was a classic. Loved that
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The soundtrack to IV was full of stuff i listen to in the house (The Black Keys, UNKLE to name two) but i prefer my GTA to bring more to the table, music wise. Stations playing current stuff is fine, but we need classic stuff, like a well picked out 80s station, plus some decent rock and even country and western.

An white noise style, avant garde station would also be interesting, but probably only to me. :o
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Vice City's soundtrack must have been a fluke cause they've been shite since then.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I beg to differ, any game that has Alice in Chains, RATM and Faith No More on the soundtrack is ok in my book. (SA) :)
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Shite.

In response to this, you claim you don't want lesser known tracks by famous artists, but what's the fun in that? Surely EVERYONE has heard Bohemian Rhapsody and Won't Get Fooled Again, where as songs like One Visions and The Seeker are still pretty well known, but not to the extent of overplayed, and that's how they usually pick out songs, go for big names but with their lesser known tracks, some personal faves and just good songs that often get overlooked due to the bigger more well known and played ones.

This post you're projecting a lot of your own personal taste into this, Radio Broker was actually one of the very well received Radio Station on GTA IV and The Lost and Damned, as well as stations like Electrochoc, K109, Liberty Rock Radio. While yes, the GTA IV soundtrack is often looked down upon as not being as good, remember it had to incorporate Modern Day New York, which does have a load of stations on the dial and a massive diverse genre choice and they really wanted to reflect that in the game, which is why the game had 20 Radio Stations, on top of the difficult choice of aiming for current and modern bands.

And there's only soo much you can work with WITHOUT resorting to using major label and current day hits, which players would have already been sick to death of hearing on the radio and on the TV as it already is.

It is easier to pick songs for games in the past, Vice City had the entire Late 70's and early to mid 80's to choose from, San Andreas extended that further to cover from the 60's to the early 90's, and it easy to look back and say, yeah, that song stands up well and became a massive hit, let's get that on the game, or that well known song really captures the feeling of that time period, etc.

Anyway, wow, I really got sidetracked there, in case you guys don't know, there's already three confirmed radio genres, Classic Rock, Opera and Dub (Reggae Dub not Dub Step) as well as four confirmed songs to give you a taster of the kind of classic tracks they will be going for:
    "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" by The Small Faces
    "Radar Love" by Golden Earring
    "Skeletons" by Stevie Wonder
    "Give It To Me Baby" by Rick James
This discussion has been closed.