Options

Help finding a programme? Stars Rik Mayall...

ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey guys. I'm desperately looking for a show that starred Rik Mayall and (I think) Adrian Edmondson. It wasn't Bottom, it wasn't Catflap, or the Young Ones. But it was in a similar vein of slapstick comedy.

It was to my mind shown somewhere between 1995 and 1997.

The only scene I can distinctly remember is one where RM and AE are both in a car and the car crashes? Spandau Ballet's "Gold" is playing on a cassette inside the car and suddenly starts playing the line "you're indestructible" over and over again. I'm fairly certain someone was vomited on too lol.

Any help identifying this show would be muchly appreciated. I remember seeing it as a kid, and I'm still pretty certain it was a Bottom (or similar) spin off, with most or all of the same actors in it.

Comments

• Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comic Strip Presents: Four Men and a Car

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/comic-strip-presents/video/series-12/episode-1/four-men-in-a-car

It wasn't a Bottom spin off, but a continuation of a series they were a part of (Comic Strip Presents) that dates back to the early 80's.

If you liked Mayall and Edmondson in that, I highly recommend you check out the Comic Strip series, you might like Four Men In A Plane which came later, and my personal favourite Bad News Tour about the "worst rock and roll band in the world!"
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be an episode from The Comic Strip?
    Can't think of anything else they may have been in together around that time besides the ones you mentioned.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you liked Mayall and Edmondson in that, I highly recommend you check out the Comic Strip series, you might like Four Men In A Plane which came later, and my personal favourite Bad News Tour about the "worst rock and roll band in the world!"

They were so unlucky that Spinal Tap came out around the same time. I love both 'Bad News' episodes of The Comic Strip, and still sing the 'absolutely not!' version of Bo Rap.

Oh, and you are right about 'Four Men In A Car'.
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness!! Thank you SO much, I've just found the episode on 4OD YouTube and it IS the one I was after. Youaare... ALL brilliant!! Thanks guys :')