Could someone as polarising as Ashleigh actually win this

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I still feel it's unlikely as the traditional voter would unlikely give her votes when there are more likely to be traditional user friendly finalists there like mark, winstone and even zoe.

I wouldn't mine a female winner even though i don't really get the Ashleigh worship, she to me is just Helen lite and a decade younger.

I also feel she is going to be tripped up somewhere as once people get wind of their popularity it usually ends badly

Comments

• Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Ashleigh could still have her Deana moment, though really, she's already done things far worse than Deana's week of doom and been forgiven them. It will still come down to how she's shown that last week before the vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her fans are the most loyal so the answer is yes, nothing wrong with Ashleigh she is not a tart so she is nothing like helen
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan, but no I don't think she can win when there are the usual winner characters like Christopher and Winston in their.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I still feel it's unlikely as the traditional voter would unlikely give her votes when there are more likely to be traditional user friendly finalists there like mark, winstone and even zoe.

I wouldn't mine a female winner even though i don't really get the Ashleigh worship, she to me is just Helen lite and a decade younger.

I also feel she is going to be tripped up somewhere as once people get wind of their popularity it usually ends badly

What an absolute insult, she is nothing like Helen, lite or otherwise. Blimey, even when she'd had too much to drink last night she didn't stoop to Helen's depths of vileness when she's had a drink. She's a lovely young girl, with a bit of fiestiness to her, but she is not foulmouth, vicious or a 'ho'e.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    I would love to see the Northern Ireland one-two: Chistopher and Ashleigh in any order. That would be so awesome. :)
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think Ashleigh is polarising.

On this forum, where many people seem to choose a favourite early on and then ignore the show in order to wage war with another group who chose a different favourite. One side dons a white hat, the other the black and a barrage of abuse is hurled and ridiculously untrue claims are made.

In the world outside DS, where I live most of the time, Ashleigh seems to be a fairly innocuous character who doesn't offend people. They often win.
    I think Christopher will win with Winston and Ashleigh in the mix.
    And if the world has a black heart, that little turd mark will be there too.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    I'm a fan, but no I don't think she can win when there are the usual winner characters like Christopher and Winston in their.

I'm a fan, and as such I am going to do my best to add to her chances of winning.
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    What an absolute insult, she is nothing like Helen, lite or otherwise. Blimey, even when she'd had too much to drink last night she didn't stoop to Helen's depths of vileness when she's had a drink. She's a lovely young girl, with a bit of fiestiness to her, but she is not foulmouth, vicious or a 'ho'e.

It is an insult, of course it's intended to be.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    I'm a fan, and as such I am going to do my best to add to her chances of winning.

You can vote and i'll be voting too in the hope she may win but I just don't see it happening.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Enough with the Ashleigh threads there's been probably over 20 made today and mainly from people who claim to dislike her it's getting a bit annoying now.
  • TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember when Aaron won? if he can win then anyone can.

Asheligh only got hate from the public initially as she was bitching with danielle now she has left people have warmed to her as shown in the polls and the crowd reaction.
  • boy_number_8boy_number_8 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alot of people hated Arron a few years back but he had a big fan base and ended up winning.
    So I dont see why Ashleigh cant go on to win as well :)
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her popularity is currently over 50% so yes she could win. If it dips below 50% then she will struggle against the anyone but her vote.

I think she has the potential to do something stupid. Time will tell.

I think Christopher is going to sneak it.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been said before, but I'll say again - case and point Aaron. Probably the most polarising winner we've had. I definetely think she has a shot, because her momentum has come at the right sort of time. The other female favourites all seemed to peak too early and then taper off at the end (Deana after teasing Luke A, Gina after fighting with Hazel). If Ashleigh can avoid that for two weeks she can probably pull it off I feel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alot of people hated Arron a few years back but he had a big fan base and ended up winning.
    So I dont see why Ashleigh cant go on to win as well :)

His likeability remained over 50% so that is why he won it. His dislikeability never rose above about 35%.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is doing well and I hope she does very well but often the real winner is second or third who mows as the way thy vote on the night changes every thing closing and opening the line effects the outcome In my mind she will be a winner now whatever happens on the night and she will be happy just to make the final it's time people chill out it's just a game being nasty about a housemate will not change the end game
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren' t all winners polarising?
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's possible but I have noticed that females with large online fanbases rarely win. Just thinking of Ashleyne and Gina to name a few.

However if Ashleigh continues as she is, she may well win.

I think its between her and Christopher, with Winston having a outside shot (unfortunately)

The rest have blown it.
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    Her popularity is currently over 50% so yes she could win. If it dips below 50% then she will struggle against the anyone but her vote.

I think she has the potential to do something stupid. Time will tell.

I think Christopher is going to sneak it.

As much as I'd love Ashleigh to win, I really think Christopher will take first--only because his fan support has been more neutral throughout. Although, that could still change too. The more popular a housemate gets the more their fan base will get the stick. It's all in the timing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    As much as I'd love Ashleigh to win, I really think Christopher will take first--only because his fan support has been more neutral throughout. Although, that could still change too. The more popular a housemate gets the more their fan base will get the stick. It's all in the timing.

Yes I agree timing is everything. There is still quite a long way to go. Chris is losing support to Christopher. Mark is losing support to Winston. Ashleigh has her own support but all it takes is a few mis steps on her behalf which she is perfectly capable of doing and her support could easily switch to Christopher.

As someone who genuinely doesn't t care anymore as ling as it isn't Helen then I think it's going to be quite interesting
  • earlofbedlamearlofbedlam Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Dundeeboy has continually knocked Ashleigh while singing the praises of STEVEN. His views should not be considered as valid
    Forum Member
    Dundeeboy has continually knocked Ashleigh while singing the praises of STEVEN. His views should not be considered as valid

That's a terrible thing to say!!! No wonder Ashleigh fans get the stick they do. OMG---Dundeeboy can have any veiw he wants. It's a GAME for God sake!!!!!
  • sara-dalesara-dale Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Enough with the Ashleigh threads there's been probably over 20 made today and mainly from people who claim to dislike her it's getting a bit annoying now.

It happens nearly every day, the same dozen or so posters, its hilarious :D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So Ashleigh should only get praise I take it. I find that hilarious:D
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems to have a lot of teeny fanatics, so maybe.

She has played a very clever game, so perhaps she deserves to win, but I don't like how disloyal she is. Highly manipulative, but it is working for her.