Have Big Brother Fans Forgiven The Late Jade Goody (Tweed)?

Hugh Dennis 90Hugh Dennis 90 Posts: 131
Forum Member
After the whole Shilpa Shety drama... have you forgiven Danielle Lloyd and Jo to?

Comments

• jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to forgive - mountain out of a molehill. Not racist just class issues.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I never had an issue with her, I felt pitty rather than anger towards her.. It was just one big massive media hyped up issue that became political when it really didn't deserve to.
  • Hugh Dennis 90Hugh Dennis 90 Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    So they weren't ever rasict then?
  • Jub-JubJub-Jub Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I despised her long before the racist stuff and all she ever did in life was to attention seek to boost her own bank balance.

She had no talent and no redeeming features at all, but many nasty, ugly and loutish ones.

Her death is neither here nor there really and I can't see why her dying changes anything at all really.
    Forum Member
    Jub-Jub wrote: »
    I despised her long before the racist stuff and all she ever did in life was to attention seek to boost her own bank balance.

She had no talent and no redeeming features at all, but many nasty, ugly and loutish ones.

Her death is neither here nor there really and I can't see why her dying changes anything at all really.

Wow quiet a harsh reply!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jade was very very very stupid with her actions.. She's not the brightest and I truly think she didn't understand how her actions were being portayed nor do I think she intended any of her actions to be racist.

I would say Danielle was more on the racist side than Jade when she claimed Shilpa should go back to where she came from and that she can't even speak English properly.. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I hate to read these threads because people (in my opinion) who talk ill about the dead are idiots. Like someone has already said there was just class issues, besides after she passed away she saved so many people's lives by bringing the issues, symptoms and the early warning signs to the top and for that I as well as a lot of other people I am sure will be forever grateful.

A lovely young woman at heart who just said the wrong things at the wrong time.

I certainly never needed to forgive her, she was a BB Legend and an inspiration to people and still is to this day, despite what anyone believes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This wasn't the first case of Jade bullying people, this was just the first time she was called out for it. She didn't deserve that kind of backlash though.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still remember that eery eviction night she came out to complete silence.
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I still remember that eery eviction night she came out to complete silence.

Thatwas evenmore traumatic then coming out to boos in my opinion.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't a big fan of Jade, but it's all water under the bridge now....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LJH23 wrote: »
    I hate to read these threads because people (in my opinion) who talk ill about the dead are idiots. Like someone has already said there was just class issues, besides after she passed away she saved so many people's lives by bringing the issues, symptoms and the early warning signs to the top and for that I as well as a lot of other people I am sure will be forever grateful.

A lovely young woman at heart who just said the wrong things at the wrong time.

I certainly never needed to forgive her, she was a BB Legend and an inspiration to people and still is to this day, despite what anyone believes.

Well said and I totally agree
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    I never had an issue with her, I felt pitty rather than anger towards her.. It was just one big massive media hyped up issue that became political when it really didn't deserve to.

Sums up jades whole media career;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KillerJoe wrote: »
    I think Jade was very very very stupid with her actions.. She's not the brightest and I truly think she didn't understand how her actions were being portayed nor do I think she intended any of her actions to be racist.

I would say Danielle was more on the racist side than Jade when she claimed Shilpa should go back to where she came from and that she can't even speak English properly.. :eek:

I totally agree. I could never understand why Jade took all the stick when as far as I'm concerned Danielle was the one who made the fateful comment.

Jade certainly wasn't the brightest and I think she was led on by the other two.

Dead or alive, she was not a bad person, just not educated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was to make a list of who I thought was racist in that series, Jade would have far from the top. I felt Jack, Danielle, Jo and her mum were worse. Two names I never see pop up in the race row are Cleo and Carol who I really do believe made things a lot worse. They twisted and pushed things whilst Cleo especially acted dumb and made them say racist remarks for example when she said "I don't know what the 'p' word is" when Jack was telling her it rhymed with 'tacky' :rolleyes:.

Jade got the brunt of it all because she was the one in the oxo cube argument and that argument epitomised the whole race row, despite nothing actually racist in that argument. I don't think Jade was a bad person, she just didn't know how to engage her brain before she spoke to see how things might sound. Jack got away with it because he's good looking and male, Danielle because she could get her tits out in the Sunday papers and Jo did have quite a hard time but everyone suddenly gave her sympathy when her manager died because of the whole issue. I have no idea how Cleo got away with it, whilst Carole & Jackie were both evicted before it all blew up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade was a mixture of good and bad, neither of them very exceptional. She did her best to be a better parent than her own dire ones, and probably succeeded in a flawed and erratic way. She was likeable and kind when things went well, angry and aggressive under any kind of pressure, and hurt several people along the way. She did not 'save many lives' other than unwittingly, and undoubtedly would far rather have stayed healthy and not 'saved' any - who wouldn't? She faced the worst challenge in the world, that of dying very young and leaving two small children behind, with a certain bravado that was touching.

Anyone who doesn't 'forgive' her by now needs to have their organ of forgiveness serviced. I would happily settle for having her back and annoyng me on tv; I hope we all would, if history could have been rewritten.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not forgiven PEJ for putting her back in.

A whole load of BB's problems since originated from that one decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Jade was a bully, but didn't think she did anything racist....jo and dannielle on the other hand were bullies as well as racist IMO
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what I think about the race row, looking back.

Jade was a scapegoat to some extent: I think the reason she was called out was largely because she was the ringleader of the gang of Jack, Jo and Danielle, and therefore served as the focal point for the criticism.

I found Goody throughout her reality tv "career" to be an unsympathetic character who generally tried to pick on people and formed little coteries of admirers in order to make the victim feel even worse. I think she encouraged the insults on Shilpa, so she bears a proportion of the blame, certainly. She got the brunt of the ire almost completely to herself, though.

I still believe there was a degree of racism from all the culprits in the race row: depending on your general view you could put a lot of it down to sheer ignorance, though.

I admit to being bemused as to why Goody was regarded as some kind of saint in the press when her illness became known, though I reacted as I do to any young mother who dies, leaving a family behind: very tragic. I found the media circus a bit distasteful, but it was somehow fitting for a woman who lived by the media.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Not forgiven PEJ for putting her back in.

A whole load of BB's problems since originated from that one decision.

Ain't that the truth. Beginning of the end for C4 BB.
  • belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Nothing to forgive - mountain out of a molehill. Not racist just class issues.

Agree 100%
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, because that is pure hypocrisy. She was an aggressive bully during CBB.

That said, I wouldn't wish terminal cancer on my worst enemies. I really felt for her and hoped for some miracle ... but I won't rewrite history.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have Big Brother Fans Forgiven The Late Jade Goody (Tweed)?

For what? she didnt do anything, nothing to forgive her for as far as im concerned.
  • kulmarkulmar Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=wonkeydonkey;52109467]Jade was a mixture of good and bad, neither of them very exceptional. She did her best to be a better parent than her own dire ones, and probably succeeded in a flawed and erratic way. She was likeable and kind when things went well, angry and aggressive under any kind of pressure, and hurt several people along the way. She did not 'save many lives' other than unwittingly, and undoubtedly would far rather have stayed healthy and not 'saved' any - who wouldn't? She faced the worst challenge in the world, that of dying very young and leaving two small children behind, with a certain bravado that was touching.
    Anyone who doesn't 'forgive' her by now needs to have their organ of forgiveness serviced. I would happily settle for having her back and annoyng me on tv; I hope we all would, if history could have been rewritten.[/QUOTE]

Well said...

As for forgiving her she was a long time ago and as many have pointed out she wasn't alone in the bullying of Shilpa and although she was insensitive to a foreigner i dont think she was racist