Options

Downton Abbey Series 2! (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
LoobyDoo wrote: »
:D:D
Seriously, Branson needs to take more layers off!

This thread is a continuation of: Downton Abbey Series 2! (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Oooh new thread!
  • Options
    LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh new thread!

Molesley and Tom between them have had us in a posting frenzy once more,:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    My post disappeared into the vortex! But yeah to new thread.

I really think the Anna/Bates saga will have a semi-happy ending by the end of Xmas. Just because there's so many other storylines...like Ethal!:) Daisy and the big one for Series 3, Edith. Perhaps the Bates will have saved up and can open that new hotel like they wanted in Series 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Very true. I am definitely having withdrawal symptoms now. I keep refreshing fanfiction.net in case anything new has been added. I've read everything!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, what are we to do next Sunday?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I'm such a fangirl now.

I've regressed 8 years in 8 episodes....

Saying that I regressed god knows how many years in less episodes last season.

I need help... or the Christmas special.

:o
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    My post disappeared into the vortex! But yeah to new thread.

I really think the Anna/Bates saga will have a semi-happy ending by the end of Xmas. Just because there's so many other storylines...like Ethal!:) Daisy and the big one for Series 3, Edith. Perhaps the Bates will have saved up and can open that new hotel like they wanted in Series 3.

They have got to have some good luck, it can't be any worse for them please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    So, what are we to do next Sunday?

Get lives.. whatever they are :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm such a fangirl now.

I've regressed 8 years in 8 episodes....

Saying that I regressed god knows how many years in less episodes last season.

I need help... or the Christmas special.

:o

BIB - this is me

And until I found Downtoners online a few weeks ago, I didn't know about phrases like shipping, or what things like BIB meant. I don't know whether to love my new life or be a little bit scared of it....
  • Options
    Lizzie8008Lizzie8008 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no fair! I leave this thread for a couple of hours, come back to catch up, giggling at all the Molesley fangirling and I miss half naked pictures of Allen Leech :mad:

*shakes fist, shouts to the heavens* Curse you real world!!

Seriously though, somone must have screencapped it right...:D
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wickswicks Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzie8008 wrote: »
    Oh no fair! I leave this thread for a couple of hours, come back to catch up, giggling at all the Molesley fangirling and I miss half naked pictures of Allen Leech :mad:

It seems that one of his mates posted it for a laugh!

(it's still on this site though http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/allen+leech )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member

My mind was too full of half nakes Allen Leech to think about making a copy :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wicks wrote: »

Poor Allen, between his brothers and his mates he's not getting any respite.:D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Nigel Havers and Sharon Small at Christmas!

Wonder if we'll be getting any new servants in Series 3? I'm still missing the presence of Gwen- was it ever really explained what happened to her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nigel Havers and Sharon Small at Christmas!

Wonder if we'll be getting any new servants in Series 3? I'm still missing the presence of Gwen- was it ever really explained what happened to her?

She went to work as a secretary for the phone company and during the war was working in a munitions factory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That link is hilarious :D

Bit mean for his friends to do that, but I'm sure he's revealed more on screen. (note to self, check out Rome!)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    She went to work as a secretary for the phone company and during the war was working in a munitions factory.

Thanks!

I've missed a few episodes whilst being at uni but have them all sky plussed so when I go home I watch them in bulk. Currently up to episode 4. At the moment, I'm loving the character progression for Edith- and thought it was a great moment when the general raised a toast in her honour. Mary is also much more likeable this time round!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think it's time for Cora to have a little bit of fun of her own? It annoyed me SHE had to say sorry to Robert for "neglecting" him.

Also, another thing on the commentary. They have these periods where they fall silent. It really is totally dull.
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that how it looked the first time, with black background?

It almost looks like it was from a play or at least on stage.

Seems strange to have photos like that on your phone, anyway, there is a lot more of him on show on youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Anyone think it's time for Cora to have a little bit of fun of her own? It annoyed me SHE had to say sorry to Robert for "neglecting" him.

Yes! I was fuming at that part. And I realised she's spent 2 season finales in a bad way, first with the miscarriage and now with the flu. I really like Elizabeth McGovern in the role, she should have much more to do.
  • Options
    wickswicks Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need a chauffeur, another footman and another maid. Lots of scope for possible new characters.

Methinks that Lord G might go down the old and/or ugly route for his new chauffeur!

I'd like to thank Allen Leech's friend for his services to the cause. A pretty impressive sight!!
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

Also, another thing on the commentary. They have these periods where they fall silent. It really is totally dull.

I couldn't believe she apologised to him. Maybe it was to make Robert look even worse. Normally JF brings about retribution for indiscretions, guess it's on its way!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I was fuming at that part. And I realised she's spent 2 season finales in a bad way, first with the miscarriage and now with the flu. I really like Elizabeth McGovern in the role, she should have much more to do.

She sort of disappears each series finale and is left on the periphery. Maybe she can have a flirtation of her own and Robert can realise he's taking her for granted.

I didn't really like Cora in s1 - all that lazing around, "Is there anything worse than losing your maid?" - but she grew in this series and while I thought she was rather mean to Isobel, I was sorry to see her very ill. I liked her recognition of Sybil's character - it took us back to ep1 one when she was so proud of her with the cooking and then setting off for nursing training. She was a proud mum who saw her daughter as a capable adult, unlike grumpy dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They need a chauffeur, another footman and another maid. Lots of scope for possible new characters.

Methinks that Lord G might go down the old and/or ugly route for his new chauffeur!

I'd like to thank Allen Leech's friend for his services to the cause. A pretty impressive sight!!

With Edith still unattached, it's a safe bet he'll be over 50.:)
This discussion has been closed.