Options

Louie dont talk please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
Forum Member
this guy is really spoiling the show, who are the people who gave him the job, they shoud be sacked, its just not working:mad:

Comments

• Options
    emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like him. I much prefer him to Emma and Jason,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Why? :confused:
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    emzi27 wrote: »
    I really like him. I much prefer him to Emma and Jason,

Me, too. He knows his stuff about dance.
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an ice expert but he's there in regards to the styles of dance and movement. That works for me. And yes I do like him.
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Me, too. He knows his stuff about dance.

Shame he knows so little about self restraint. Sky+ and a 30 min delay before watching is my saviour this year.
  • Options
    chakkerschakkers Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I admit, I was dreading him being on the show as i only see him being OTT on tv, but I think he's been very good tbh. He's kept things professional and about the dancing, with constructive criticism - also he has the same right to be there as Jason as both are from dance/choreography backgrounds. So the guy has a speech impediment that's a bit irritating..get over it. I'm liking the new line up. There's no dead weight (i never got why Emma Bunton was there last time, other than being eye candy?).
    There's much less of the pantomime now Jason has gone.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I think he's been pretty good too - he's stuck to the remit of looking at the choreography and performance and hasn't tried to comment on the skating... His comments have been constructive and he has even managed to give a low mark to a poor performance without resorting to nastiness!

Well done Louie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah totally professional with his snigger snigger/titter titter comments where he implies he fancies some of the males :rolleyes: which is no doubt going to happen every week just like it does with Craig and Bruno on Strictly and is equally as tiresome.
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chakkers wrote: »
    I admit, I was dreading him being on the show as i only see him being OTT on tv, but I think he's been very good tbh. He's kept things professional and about the dancing, with constructive criticism - also he has the same right to be there as Jason as both are from dance/choreography backgrounds. So the guy has a speech impediment that's a bit irritating..get over it. I'm liking the new line up. There's no dead weight (i never got why Emma Bunton was there last time, other than being eye candy?).
    There's much less of the pantomime now Jason has gone.

This^^^^

Yay for Louie (just keep him in his chair).

:D
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paaul12 wrote: »
    this guy is really spoiling the show, who are the people who gave him the job, they shoud be sacked, its just not working:mad:

Why shouldn't he talk? and by the way, it's SHOULD.
  • Options
    chakkerschakkers Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Yeah totally professional with his snigger snigger/titter titter comments where he implies he fancies some of the males :rolleyes: which is no doubt going to happen every week just like it does with Craig and Bruno on Strictly and is equally as tiresome.

Oh please, I think he made two comments that weren't about the dancing. One about the presenter looking gorgeous and the other about Jorgi looking at matt - "and why wouldn't you want to."

Big flippin deal. They were like two sentences all evening.
    Like I said, knowing just how OTT the man usually is, I think he did a great job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chakkers wrote: »
    Like I said, knowing just how OTT the man usually is, I think he did a great job.

And knowing how OTT he usually (always) is, you really believe that over the next 12 weeks he isn't going to revert back to type. I'd love to know the odds on that happening. Sky+ x30 all the way - but then I have never understood TV's obsession with him anyway. Awful man.
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh deary me!:p
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plenty of female talent show judges do the same. You seem to have an issue with all the gay judges flirting. ;)

And before anyone replies, yes. That was an accusation of intolerance. Might as well admit it. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what's the harm in it as long as it isn't overdone which it wasn't this week.

Last year we had Chris dropping Jayne in it for fangirling over Michael Zenezini's fabulous bare torso and on Strictly we've had Arlene and Alesha swooning over some of the males so I don't see a problem with Louis pointing out the obvious that Matt Evers is hot or a bit of lighthearted banter with Mark tonight which Mark seemed to encourage

Personally I really liked the new panel and I hope as the series goes on and they get more into their stride that I'll like them even more.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he gives constructive criticism without being unecessarily down putting like Jason was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plenty of female talent show judges do the same. You seem to have an issue with all the gay judges flirting. ;)

And before anyone replies, yes. That was an accusation of intolerance. Might as well admit it. :cool:

Couldn't stand it when Emma Bunton did it either. I just think it is inevitable (as the guy seems hardly able to control himself) that he will get more and more animated and over the top about it all as the series goes on. Gay/straight - I don't care, I just can't stand his "personality" and the need to be the centre of attention - much likes Brunos nonsense on Strictly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I thought he was going to be very 'all about me based on what he is usually like but last night I really don't think he was. His comments were all constructive and delivered in a way designed to help not crush unlike his predecessor. Also if you watched the movements he made as he spoke he was mimicking what the dancers had done so must have been paying attention to the individual dance moves, which is what he is supposed to be doing,

Whether or not he'll continue in the same vein for the next 12 weeks I don't know but Im also not going to make assumptions before it's actually happened.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he gave constructive critisisms, unless of course you shouldn't talk if you have a speech impediment, or be on TV, which is a disgusting thing to suggest.
  • Options
    Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has to go - I cannot listen to him - Emma come back - I understood every word you said !
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that keen on Louie and never thought I would say this, but I prefer Jason. Come back Jason, all is forgiven.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne yy wrote: »
    He has to go - I cannot listen to him - Emma come back - I understood every word you said !

But she never said anything insightful or of interest.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand everything Louie said perfectly clearly last night and as said his movements mimicked what had been done in the routine and not in an OTT way but helped illustrate his point and I guess to help if the celeb wasn't understanding him fully.

I think the intolerance shown by some posters here to someone with a speech impediment is absolutely shocking and he was not being overly suggestive towards any of the celebs or pro skaters. I have seen Louie in action live and know what he can be like and can say he was not being overly suggestive towards anyone and in that I have also seen him be serious and calm and passionate about his craft and I think he is taking this role seriously. Too many people are focusing purely on what they have seen on Pineapple or on other shows he has been on. Do you really think he would have had such a long career in theatre if that persona was what he was like all the time?
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I think I was surprised in a good way about both the new judges last night. Louis knows about dance and choreography, and his exuberent personality was reined in and quite appropriate. He appears to be taking it very seriously.
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the judges comments last night, professional, to the point, and constructive. I think that at last the producers have got it right. :)