Options

the standard this series is so high!

rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
Forum Member
i dont think we've had a series where the standard is so high!

for the girls we have

jorgie
jennifer
chemmy
heidi (i think she could improve alot!)

and the boys we have
matthew
sebastion
chico

i think these are the 7 that actually have a shot of winning and at this stage of the competition aswell!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Six or seven with real potential is more than we've ever had before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Great skating from all of the celebs for their first week.

The only weak skaters seem to be Mark, Andy, Rosemary and Corey. Andy seems to be trying though, and Corey has lots of potential.

I think Rosemary's very likeable, so whilst not the best skater, that could help her out.

I'm not sure if Mark can catch up to any of the others. If not, he'll get the joke vote for a few weeks.

So overall, a very high standard this year.

I think the final will be between Jorgie and Matthew since they seem to be the standouts this year (Suzanne, Chris, Clare, Hayley, Sam, Laura, Ray were all standouts from day 1 and went onto the final and I can't see this year being any different). I also think the judges will push for Chemmy and Chico to join them in the final four.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    i dont think we've had a series where the standard is so high!

for the girls we have

jorgie
    jennifer
    chemmy
    heidi (i think she could improve alot!)

and the boys we have
    matthew
    sebastion
    chico

i think these are the 7 that actually have a shot of winning and at this stage of the competition aswell!

More good skaters and a lot of dancing talent. But not sure if the marking has changed, or past greats were better. They may also be holding some people's routines back a bit so they can look well rounded and show even more later on (Jorgie I think) They have two really good girl dancers for the first time ever, and possibly their most powerful girl ever. Sebastien is unique and Mathew may be very good. Chico may be a problem as they barely could get him off X factor - when he couldn't sing - and here he's actually in the better half of the skaters .

Looks like they looked at the recent past series, where there was an obvious early winner/leader, and decided to make sure they cast a real competition this time.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    I'm sure that in past series they probably have a real competition, too. I don't suppose you can really tell until a few weeks in who's making progress.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that in past series they probably have a real competition, too. I don't suppose you can really tell until a few weeks in who's making progress.

Series 4 is the only one which was a 1 horse race from start to finish with Ray. Series 5 was like that in the 2nd half with hayley as those like Danniella, Gary & Mikey who had showed promise early on not really building on that. Series 2 & 3 had good competition but by the end was more of a 2 horse race. I thought last year was good too with all 3 finalists making it a good competitive series - if Jennifer & Vanilla Ice had stayed they potentially had a lot more to give too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam and Jennifer could be dark horses, and Charlene is just very likeable. :) I have a feeling that Chemmy or Sebastian might fall into the bottom 2 earlier than people expect... and I'm not sure at all that Matthew will make the final - his 'attitude' will put some people off I think; it's only the first week and yet he's almost overbearingly competitive/serious; if that keeps up I'm not sure he'll be that endearing to the masses.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of only choosing one person with a dance background or skating background this series, they seem to have chosen 4-5. So the standard is very high. In past series they chose people who were famous instead of people who might be good.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree there are several contenders this year who might make the final:)

It will be interesting to see them all compete together for the first time next week - harder the guess the bottom two. I think Rosemary might be there - Corey could possibly get a rebound vote, especially if he's improved from this week.:)

Looking forward to Movie week:)

By the way, seeing as we have both Sam and Mark, one year could we have Ant and Dec:D