Options

Why are After Eight mints so bloody gorgeous?

Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
Forum Member
We've just polished off a whole box. Pigs.

Couldn't help it.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Becuase you really like mint fondant and dark chocolate?
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Becuase you really like mint fondant and dark chocolate?

You might be on to something there!
  • Options
    Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could not get enough of the milk chocolate after eight they did! Was so nice.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

Couldn't help it.
    I love them and when i get my taste back I will have some again.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Not for me, can't stand mint with chocolate but love it in savoury dishes. Weird.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are ignoring the real issue with After Eights which is: should the people who put the empty envelopes back in the box be hanged or shot?
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    You are ignoring the real issue with After Eights which is: should the people who put the empty envelopes back in the box be hanged or shot?

No thats a bit severe...we should put sugar free mint thins in place, pretending its a new full box, but then again plenty of loo roll should be on standby..Or did what I did, put chocolate covered cardboard in for revenge..was only a few pieces, but got the attention of the phantom stealthy after eighter at the time..I said take a few not half the box..meh.

Great choccie treat, was my fave from childhood, great one year when I got an after eight easter egg, was not fussed by the huge egg much!
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

Couldn't help it.

I love them but only ever buy them at Christmas......along with twiglets they are the taste of Christmas :D
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Either is fine. These people are the scum of the earth and no thought should be wasted on the manner of their destruction. Whatever works at the time.
  • Options
    Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them too. I did also like the limited edition milk chocolate ones. Am I imagining it but we're there some orange filled centre ones?
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had them for ages, but when I do eat them they have to be straight out of the freezer :D
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I haven't had them for ages, but when I do eat them they have to be straight out of the freezer :D

lol bizarre

I do like an After Eight, like the packaging too
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I love them too. Also like Mintola which have a similar taste but cheaper, but I don't know if they're still made as I haven't bought chocolate for ages.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    God, I haven't had Aftr Eights in years! I was given a box of Bendicks mints for my birthday and they're foul - rock hard fondant and the chocolate's so bitter it's almost inedible.:(
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    God, I haven't had Aftr Eights in years! I was given a box of Bendicks mints for my birthday and they're foul - rock hard fondant and the chocolate's so bitter it's almost inedible.:(

I love Bendicks bittermints :D
    They used to do a ginger version too, but not seen those for ages.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Thorntons mint selection is yummy too. I always buy a box for my OH at Christmas and then make him share:D
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I like the Fry's chocolate mint bars too but have only seen them in health food shops recently and they are quite expensive.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOOOOOVVVEEE After Eights. I don't have them often but when I have them, I eat lots of them! :D