Options

Cumberbaby watch

Comments

• Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I though they had known each other a while, even if they weren't dating.

Once you get to 36/37 and want kids decisions get made pretty quickly, both for men & women.

I expect no more news until the next announcement in The Times :)

There will be plenty of news alright. He is well into his Oscar campaigning so expect lots of publicity seeking.

He's on Ellen on 14 Jan and it will be really interesting to see what he has to say.

So far, he has been really weird in interviews when talking about his fiancée, calling her 'a useful tool' and looking extremely uncomfortable even saying her name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been reading what the so called fans are saying and all I can say is WHAT THE ACTUAL FU*K??

http://fakerbatch.tumblr.com

They are actually suggesting a miscarriage would be the best option. They are crazy beyond reality.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I have been reading what the so called fans are saying and all I can say is WHAT THE ACTUAL FU*K??

They are actually suggesting a miscarriage would be the best option. They are crazy beyond reality.

Ok... No that's disgusting. I don't remember this level of batshit crazy when I was a teenager.

I love the guy but I wish him and Sophie the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok... No that's disgusting. I don't remember this level of batshit crazy when I was a teenager.

I love the guy but I wish him and Sophie the best.

Maybe I was a bit crazy when I was a teenager, but these are middle aged women, I'm sure of it. They call Sophie 'Miss Thing', 'Sodious' and 'The Squid' and say she is smug and evil.

I feel sorry for both of them, I wouldn't be in their position for the world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Okay there's reading between the lines and then here's jumping to wild conclusions on flimsy evidence like these people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay there's reading between the lines and then here's jumping to wild conclusions on flimsy evidence like these people.

Indeed.

I mean there is evidence to suggest that all is not well in the Cumberbatch camp one way or another, however what do these people think? That he will dump her and choose her successor from among his army of rabid fans?
  • Options
    KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow. They're cray cray. Are they actually suggesting that the pregnancy is fake....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KittyKins wrote: »
    Wow. They're cray cray. Are they actually suggesting that the pregnancy is fake....?

Yes that is exactly what they are suggesting and that is was made up to get him publicity for an Oscar. They are also suggesting that after Oscar season, they will fake a miscarriage. :o
  • Options
    KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that is exactly what they are suggesting and that is was made up to get him publicity for an Oscar. They are also suggesting that after Oscar season, they will fake a miscarriage. :o

It's frightening behaviour. I've spent a of half an hour reading through the posts, I think they need to find a hobby.

They even said that he's looked miserable ever since announcing the engagement and that he's unhappy, as though they know him personally.

Should laugh at this really!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KittyKins wrote: »
    It's frightening behaviour. I've spent a of half an hour reading through the posts, I think they need to find a hobby.

They even said that he's looked miserable ever since announcing the engagement and that he's unhappy, as though they know him personally.

Should laugh at this really!!

He has looked totally miserable to be fair but who knows why. Maybe it is their behaviour that is making him feel like shit. They have decided it is because he has been forced into an engagement he doesn't want. I find that very hard to believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    He has looked totally miserable to be fair but who knows why. Maybe it is their behaviour that is making him feel like shit. They have decided it is because he has been forced into an engagement he doesn't want. I find that very hard to believe.

To be fair, Benedict always comes across as a very private person, and I'm fairly certain we'd all be a bit miffed if someone we care about deeply was forced into the spotlight and to announce their pregnancy to avoid all the press hassle. I said it earlier in the thread - poor Sophie.
    I'm a huge fan of Benedict, and did the over-dramatic "BUT HE LOVES ME":p stuff, but seriously, I wish them, and the baby, all the health and happiness in the world. Traditional or not, as long as they love each other, who cares whether the baby was a happy-accident (I hate the word mistake) or not?
  • Options
    DLcastoffDLcastoff Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of first pregnancies don't show much at all for the first five or six months especially if she is very fit so it is possible she is six months along. Who knows. Absolutely delighted for them as I have read several times that BC was dying to have children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will both be on the red carpet for the Golden Globes. Will be interesting to see what she wears.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.

I mean there is evidence to suggest that all is not well in the Cumberbatch camp one way or another, however what do these people think? That he will dump her and choose her successor from among his army of rabid fans?
    Really? What is the evidence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's always looked a bit serious - so some of it is a case of "Resting Serious Face", also the Oscars hype might be making him uncomfortable. Sherlock is a double act, he wasn't the star of the Hobbit or 12 Years a Slave, but the Imitation Game is his lead role and much is expected and if it doesn't win are their big implications for the rest of his career? or Has he let people down? On top of that he has some psychiatric ward fans and a pregnant fiancee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Really? What is the evidence?

One time he looked serious.
    And one time he was sitting across from his fiancée instead of next to her
    And one time....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

At band camp?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they will both be on the red carpet for the Golden Globes. Will be interesting to see what she wears.

Yes and I liked it. imdb had a photo with them smiling but I can't find a link anymore.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/551493/Golden-Globe-Awards-2015-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sophie-baby-bump
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here he is with a pregnant woman on each side of him just before going on stage to present. They all seem to be enjoying themselves.

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/107853660921/mtv-its-you-its-you-its-all-for-you

And just about to present. http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/107850641811/dudeufugly

He seems to be having fun. Obvious it was enjoyable until he didn't win the globe. Both he and Sophie looked disappointed. I have this feeling that he's going to be one of those people who never win any really BIG awards. I hope I'm wrong.

Her dress was lovely. I'd like one like it but I can't really see me doing the School run or having a meal with OH in the local Beefeater wearing something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here he is with a pregnant woman on each side of him just before going on stage to present. They all seem to be enjoying themselves.

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/107853660921/mtv-its-you-its-you-its-all-for-you

And just about to present. http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/107850641811/dudeufugly

He seems to be having fun. Obvious it was enjoyable until he didn't win the globe. Both he and Sophie looked disappointed. I have this feeling that he's going to be one of those people who never win any really BIG awards. I hope I'm wrong.

Her dress was lovely. I'd like one like it but I can't really see me doing the School run or having a meal with OH in the local Beefeater wearing something like that.

I liked the print, but thought the style was slightly frumpy for someone so slim. I don't like the way the pattern was cut at the top. It was clearly bespoke and far far better than her previous efforts, as was her hair.
    I thought she looked rather beautiful if a bit severe.

I really don't understand why these two people have so little chemistry and eye contact. I know it's difficult to draw conclusions on other peoples relationships, but. George and Amal seemed so much closer. What was with the bunched up fist hand as well. I saw a picture where she looked so tense and he had to hold her thumb because her hand was all bunched up.

I really wanted to see them looking happier and more relaxed. It is good to see her laughing in that first link though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Same. It'd be a shame because he is genuinely a good actor. Leonardo Di Caprio has never won an oscar despite being nominated many times. Sometimes they're just passed over for some unfortunate reasoning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sometimes less convinced by those couples who are all over each other every time the flashbulbs pop, than by those who don't turn on a PDA on tap, to be honest; they both look like the posing part is a necessary evil, and I don't blame them.
    I think he's a fantastic Actor but some of his fanbase are so crazy that they do him no favours - if he's distancing himself a little, I can understand that because he seems often to be defined by his fans and not by his work. And they are over the top, even before he became engaged - I ventured briefly onto Twitter for a while a few months back, and I know that if someone on there so much as mentioned spending 5 minutes on a film set with him, they'd be completely inundated with inane tweets about him, and we're not talking about teenaged boy band fans here, but grown women, many of them the same age as him!
    As for manufacturing a relationship and a Baby just to win an Oscar - craziest thing I've ever heard! I'm prepared to believe though that Actors are flogged half to death to be in all right places and shake the right hands as part of the campaigning, just as I'm prepared to believe he's not very good at hiding his resentment of that sometimes.
    I also sometimes wonder if some people start smear campaigns against certain Actors, to make others look good.
    Oh, and I agree that he won't win any big awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the dress. I'm the same colouring as her and I'd wear it.

Leonardo Di Caprio does seem to have suffered for Titanic being so big, but not actually being much good. I hope they spread out the awards as there seem to have been a number of good performances this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'd love to see Timothy Spall get something big, but he's another that I feel will always be overlooked.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o Well it's obviously doomed. Doomed!! :D