Options

McDonald's North Finchley is the worse branch ever

2»

Comments

• Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    the mcdonalds at forth road bridge in edinburgh is horrible its has stale chips and burn't burgers the thing i dont get is how busy it is good i dont live near it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one in Harborne in Birmingham actually closed down, I've never known a McDonalds do that before. It was atrocious though, took ages to be served.

The one in Bromsgrove closed too, a few years ago. I've never known a town have a McDonalds actually close down before!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    The one thing that spoils McDonald's for me - and makes all branches liable to be equally as bad as each other - is the fact that very few of them have an efficient queuing system.

Apart from that, I quite like it. I'm not a food snob, and what is in their burgers doesn't seem to be any better or worse than what is chucked in a lot of sandwiches sold in High Street stores. Also, being from a privileged area (but also a stuffy area), to visit a nearby town and have a McDonald's also means I get the occasional opportunity to mix with the working class - good honest people - despite the chavs and the underclass who also frequent and try to spoil the culinary experience for everyone else.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Bloke wrote: »
    McDonalds in general seem to be pretty well run. Burger King and KFC often feel a bit grotty and disorganised though.

Totally agree. MaccyD's isn't the low end tacky place it used to be, in my opinion. It has kind of managed to create a decent image for itself recently. The restaurants are usually clean and look quite respectable places. Their customer service is much better than Burger King and the ultimate dive KFC. Urgh - I won't use them or Subway because the restaurants and the staff always look revolting.
  • Options
    Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If my town had a 24 hour Mcdonalds, I'd so get one now :(
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember going to KFC in chelmsford a few years back, and the pakistani man behind the counter was picking his nose while serving, nearly lamped the **** but I'd probably of been done for 'racial discrimination'

He told you he was from Pakistan did he?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stickler wrote: »
    The one in Bromsgrove closed too, a few years ago. I've never known a town have a McDonalds actually close down before!

One in Edgware closed down many moons ago, it was very popular!

Heard a rumour that they had huge furry friends, don't know how true that is.
  • Options
    Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that they had huge furry friends, don't know how true that is.

If its the kind of furry Im thinking of then no wonder they shut down. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its the kind of furry Im thinking of then no wonder they shut down. :eek:

The very same ones!

Shame I had my first date with then boyfriend now husband in August 1990!:o
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very same ones!

Shame I had my first date with then boyfriend now husband in August 1990!:o
    Why, don't you like him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, don't you like him?

:D Not quite like that!

It was next door to where I used to work - convenient!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to make matter worse Harry, we've even been to the Finchley one as it wasn't very far from where I lived. But that was at least 13 yrs ago, in my defence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to make matter worse Harry, we've even been to the Finchley one as it wasn't very far from where I lived. But that was at least 13 yrs ago, in my defence.
    Blimey, you must've been a glutton for punishment in your youth :p

(You still don't think there's a word missing from your post #35 though?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, you must've been a glutton for punishment in your youth :p

(You still don't think there's a word missing from your post #35 though?)

I know!:o

What word? I'm always missing words out in posts :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know!:o

What word? I'm always missing words out in posts :o
    "There"?

ie: Shame I had my first date there with then boyfriend now husband in August 1990
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "There"?

ie: Shame I had my first date there with then boyfriend now husband in August 1990

Oops I was reading post #32 (the time on there is 00:35 and I was reading the time rather than the no. of post).

I must be tired!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops I was reading post #32 (the time on there is 00:35 and I was reading the time rather than the no. of post).

I must be tired!:D
    Well I hope your husband is too - just in case he has a read :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i hope your husband is too - just in case he has a read :p

He doesn't go on these kind of forums! :D

Anyway, it's a capital I :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't go on these kind of forums! :D

Anyway, it's a capital I :p
    Oi! don't be like that, my small mistake didn't change my whole sentence :p
    I was just giving you a gentle prod to add a word that would've changed you're comment from:
    "it's a shame I went on that first date with my husband"
    to:
    "it's a shame that my first date with my husband was at that place" - see? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi! don't be like that, my small mistake didn't change my whole sentence :p
    I was just giving you a gentle prod to add a word that would've changed you're comment from:
    "it's a shame I went on that first date with my husband"
    to:
    "it's a shame that my first date with my husband was at that place" - see? :p

Do I thank you or not?

No! :p

Come and take my job as a teacher assistant, I'm sure you'll do better with the 8-9 yr olds than I would!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I thank you or not?

No! :p

Come and take my job as a teacher assistant, I'm sure you'll do better with the 8-9 yr olds than I would!;)
    Oh well ok then, I'll just read you're post as it's written, you think it's a shame you had your first date with your then boyfriend now husband!

(and what's being a teaching assistant got to do with anything? :confused::p )
  • Options
    amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you say it's that bad and admit that you are embarassed about it, why do you still go?
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1367725&highlight=

The OP seems to have some sort of McDonalds fixation.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well ok then, I'll just read you're post as it's written, you think it's a shame you had your first date with your then boyfriend now husband!

(and what's being a teaching assistant got to do with anything? :confused::p )

Error, it's your :p

And maybe I do think it's a shame, don't tell him though!;)

And the TA bit, well I teach my literacy set how to write their grammar properly and now, here's you teaching me.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Error, it's your :p

And maybe I do think it's a shame, don't tell him though!;)

And the TA bit, well I teach my literacy set how to write their grammar properly and now, here's you teaching me.:)
    My abject apologies, I keep forgettin we're not ere to enjoy us-selves!

(pick the bones out of that lot :p )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I only ever get chicken selects for macdonalds nowadays and even thats been a good few months. Has anyone ever been to the macdonalds in shrewsbury? I remember going there years ago as a kid and the downstairs bit was kitted out like a dungeon. Also in wroxham (norfolk) that one has a free refill on the drinks.

Where I live now in south east london, the chain in woolwich was the first one ever opened in the UK.