DVD Freeview Recorder

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
I wish to purchase a DVD recorder which is digital to record freeview pograms .I am happy with one tuner as long as the EPG as the facility to extend the program if it is running later for example 10 minutes such as fitted on the Skyplus box.I require a hard disk.Any suggestions.Remember it must be able to extend the program when running late not just record the last 10 minutes of blank because the EPG as switched off.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    None with hard disk yet. I think there are two or three DVDR with one Freeview tuner, most notable of which is the Sony RDRGXD500.

(most EPG based timer programming systems let you add padding (sometimes automatically) by the way)

Cliff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    >>>> I think there are two or three DVDR with one Freeview tuner, most notable of which is the Sony RDRGXD500. <<<<<

The Panny DMRES20D is superior by all accounts (and newer). The GXD500 is based on the ancient GX3 range and is almost a year old itself!!! No HDD though :(

The new DMREH60D will have a HDD and you can tweak the timer entries to pad. Rasczak wrote a dit on it on AVForums.
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    There is also the Goodmans GDVD305DVBT from Argos at £149.99. Doesn't appear to be any reviews on this either -see other thread.

One point on the Sony though. It is no longer shown on the Sony web-site. Have Sony discontinued this product?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philips has a Hard disc/DVD Freeview recorder on the way soon. It's got a 400GB drive and HDMI out. Other details are sketchy at the mo.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imarsh wrote:
    There is also the Goodmans GDVD305DVBT from Argos at £149.99. Doesn't appear to be any reviews on this either -see other thread.

I've just reserved this one using their reserve product phone number after my VCR decided to die the other week. I should be going to pick this up on Wednesday so i'll let you know what it can do feature wise.