Options

Most anticipated console?

Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What console are you looking forward to most?

For me it has to be the Steambox (or what ever it may be called), then it has to be the Ouya.

So many games I would love to play that is available on Android that I can't due to me not liking touchscreen for games. The support it is getting too is ace. The price makes it a must buy and a day one buy for me.

Most anticipated home console? 81 votes

Xbox (Next gen)
33% 27 votes
PlayStation (Next gen)
46% 38 votes
Ouya
6% 5 votes
Steambox
13% 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    720 whatever it's called interesting to see what innovations they include in the new system.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next playstation for me, playstation 3 has some of the greatest games ever made and they are exclusives

Xbox 360 became the only the third major console i've ever sold because of a lack of interest and when i buy console, i don't want it to a forced subscription service (but this isn't the place to discuss you pay gold to play online and then still have to buy online passes with pre owned games, so what are you really paying for with gold)

I have no real interest in the other two but that of course could chance with time
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next PlayStation for me. Sony have the franchises I want to play that I can't play anywhere else.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    PS4 or whatever it'll be called. Most games I play are multiplatform but when it comes to exclusives, the Playstation is where it's at for me. Not interested in any PC/Steam or Microsoft exclusives other than Forza but I can live without that & I have a Wii U for Nintendo exclusives
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Easy, next gen Xbox. It has the exclusives I most care about and I've been an Xbox gamer for so long it just makes sense to continue on, hopefully with B/C support.

Got my fingers crossed for the PGR 5 launch rumour to be true, but extremely excited for the next gen Forza games, wherever that franchise goes, I go. :D Alan Wake, Fable, Halo and whatever those games Rare are working on, it's all exciting to me. Also MS just set up a new first party studio Black Tusk, who are working on an exclusive yet to be unveiled but it's said to mean big things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The next gen Xbox, mainly because of Halo though...
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    New playstation for me.

Ive never been a fan of the Xboxes and have had playstations since the first arrived and they haven't led me astray yet. So I'll be waiting for the new one.

The other things dont interest me.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steambox obviously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4. I love the play station brand
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Its 50 50 between Xbox and PS. Which ever offers the best launch line up gets my cash. I have no brand loyalty at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt i'll end up not being able to choose between the Next Box or Ps4 so i'll get both so I can get the exclusives that interest me :)
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One way or another I'll get the new Playstation, but I'm really anticipating good things from the Steambox so I voted for that.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely not going Xbox next time around, I can tell you that. When they bundle Kinect 2.0 with every console, it's going to be integrated into every game. NO THANKS.

So it's PlayStation 4 for me. Besides, I have enjoyed the exclusives on PS3 and PS+ is just marvellous. :D
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 for me. Playstation seem to have better exclusives that are more suited to my taste.

I'm excited for Steambox, but I'm worried it will cost quite a bit, so will wait and see.
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Playstation for me, followed closely by the promising looking Ouya!

:) Mark
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 for me. Sony really won me over this generation with the PS3, its the first Playstation I have really enjoyed (PS2 just sort of passed me by) and I have really enjoyed their first party games. Sony probably have the best franchises in gaming after Nintendo, they have really impressed me this generation, so I am looking forward to see what their next machine does.

Although personally I am in no rush for the next generation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the PS4 will be a vast improvement in terms of things like in-game XMB, installing games, patching, etc. They'll have a faster Blu-ray drive for starters.
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably most interested in the Steambox and the potential of getting a console with an excellent existing library of content and being able to carry my extensive Steam game library across if this comes to fruition. The early software drought is one of the most annoying things about moving to a new console IMHO so if Valve can avoid this, they have my support. Interesting anyway because valve are new to the console arena so interested to see how they tackle this new challenge compared to the designs that Sony and Microsoft comes up with which will presumably follow their previous consoles for design and features.

The other interesting thing is just what will the next big thing be? Will Microsoft be able to standardise Kinect? Will valve break into the living room? Will we see support for emerging HDTV standards like 4K (possibly in media playback if not actually in games)? Will Sony or Microsoft dare to abandon optical media or is it still too early?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    I'm probably most interested in the Steambox and the potential of getting a console with an excellent existing library of content and being able to carry my extensive Steam game library across if this comes to fruition.

There's talk of it running a customised version of Linux though. Which will render 99% of the existing library incompatible. :(
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i already have a wiiu so im only gonna get 1 more console ... i want an xbox720 but the ps4 is more of a sensible choice because playstation+ blows xboxlive outta the water imo ... decisions decisions. :(
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    Been honest Im not especially excited about any of them although will likely still end up buying PS4/Next-Xbox.

I may well get proved wrong on this but I really don't expect the move to next-gen to offer up a substantial difference this time round in terms of graphics, audio or gameplay.

I also kinda feel that the current-gen still has a lot more to give, Were still getting great games & they still look, sound & play great.

Going back to the move to the next-gen in the past, I was excited about the move from PS1>PS2 because the PS2 offered some real obvious improvements.
    Same going from Xbox>360/PS2>PS3, Things like online play & the move to HD made the switch have obvious improvements which got me really excited about what was coming.

Maybe when the next systems are announced & we start seeing gameplay & if were able to see real differences i'll get a bit more excited, But right now Im still really loving what we got.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    We have seen some great games right now but my god is it time to move on! The fact we have such a great line up in the Q1 2013 and not much beyond suggests the next gen is nearly here. At last!

Next console I'm actually buying is a 1ghz Pandora so perhaps I should voted for that since it will be way before i get the next Xbox.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My most anticipated console was the Super Nintendo, don't think any other console has had the same effect on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    but my god is it time to move on! ...... suggests the next gen is nearly here. At last!
    you act as if the current systems are so outdated & are providing such poor graphics/performance that we need to move on to the next gen.
    i disagree with that, i have seen nothing from current platforms which indicates that we 'need' the next gen asap or else were going to be miles behind in terms of graphics, power, performance or whatever.
    i've not turned on my xbox or ps3 & thought 'god it looks dated & performance is awfull' & untill i do i will not be going over to next gen.

as someone said a few posts up,i am not expecting the next systems to offer a significant jump in performance to what we have currently.
    certainly pc hardware has not seen a great deal of performance improvements for gaming over recent years which is why my 5 year old pc is still able to play the latest games in 1080p with all the graphics settings turned up to max & still run at well over 60fps with no frame drops.

in all honesty, when the next consoles launch i'll hold off a long time before buying them because i simply cannot see the current consoles looking or feeling outdated anytime in the next 3-4yrs.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1_Dave_E wrote: »
    you act as if the current systems are so outdated & are providing such poor graphics/performance that we need to move on to the next gen.
    i disagree with that, i have seen nothing from current platforms which indicates that we 'need' the next gen asap or else were going to be miles behind in terms of graphics, power, performance or whatever.
    i've not turned on my xbox or ps3 & thought 'god it looks dated & performance is awfull' & untill i do i will not be going over to next gen.

as someone said a few posts up,i am not expecting the next systems to offer a significant jump in performance to what we have currently.
    certainly pc hardware has not seen a great deal of performance improvements for gaming over recent years which is why my 5 year old pc is still able to play the latest games in 1080p with all the graphics settings turned up to max & still run at well over 60fps with no frame drops.

in all honesty, when the next consoles launch i'll hold off a long time before buying them because i simply cannot see the current consoles looking or feeling outdated anytime in the next 3-4yrs.

I see you point and don't disagree.

However, whilst the graphical power increase might not be that much we will have a good bit more processing power along with RAM.

This means more things can be done at the same time, games will run native at 1080p and imagine a game where you have 100 enemies on the screen at the same time instead of 10. Just an example.

From now into the future graphics aren't going to improve much because they are already at a high standard. What will improve is power.