Crappiest Xmas TV ever

passionfruit69passionfruit69 Posts: 684
Forum Member
✭✭
TV has been totally boring this xmas, only xmas Deal or no Deal has been worth watching.

Where are all the decent films? stuck in the archives no doubt or unless you can afford to pay for Sky tv then there may be the odd decent film or two.

Can I have a refund on my TV licence !! :mad:

Comments

• KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    So, about 5 days out of 365 were bad (otherwise you'd have complained earlier, right?) so that's ooh, about the price of a pint you're getting upset about.
  • SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you like watching deal or no deal.. the show that can be potentially completed in under a minute.. yet is dragged out by Noel wondering around the place like a creepy uncle.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only looking forward to Dr Who this year and was completely and utterly underwhelmed :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A different Dr Who special everyday, Benidorm x-mas special, Come fly with me and Bill Bailey's Tinselworn is on tonight - no complaints from me
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hardly watch any normal telly these days.........

Just sport, the docu channels and sometimes the 8pm and 9pm things on BBC2 and BBC4.........

Thank God for BBC4 !...............if you've never watched it, it's what BBC2 used to be before BBC2 became BBC1 and BBC1 became ITV
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Eastenders was amazing this year! Stacey's shock exit took my breath away, then had me crying my eyes out. The soaps were all good actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SlowRap wrote: »
    you like watching deal or no deal.. the show that can be potentially completed in under a minute.. yet is dragged out by Noel wondering around the place like a creepy uncle.

This^^

It's a ridiculous program. Gormless people inventing systems to pick random numbers and being greedy (no concept of value or risk:reward ratio whatsoever)

In fact you don't even need people for it.

Get one Monkey to point randomly at boxes as the contestant.

39 trained seals to clap and yelp on cue every time said monkey points at a random box

Replace the bearded thing with a badly made scarecrow in a womens blouse.

Simples. In fact, I'd be more interested in watching that ^^
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    There were lots of good family films on over Christmas and plenty of good shows on. Sure, it wasn't 24/7 can't miss it stuff, but who watches that much 'live' TV nowadays anyway? The main problem with Christmas TV is the huge 2 hour soap marathons each of the major soaps put out. That's 6 hours of TV in one day for some people!
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Thank God for BBC4 !...............if you've never watched it, it's what BBC2 used to be before BBC2 became BBC1 and BBC1 became ITV
    What did ITV become?.
  • passionfruit69passionfruit69 Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    So, about 5 days out of 365 were bad (otherwise you'd have complained earlier, right?) so that's ooh, about the price of a pint you're getting upset about.

Actually troll pouncer I complained earlier on in the year about TV going down the pan in general, but just wanted to highlight that it was particulary poor during the xmas period,just when you would have expected the main channels to UP the auntie and make more of an effort!! especially when the majority of us are off work during the festive period.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    What did ITV become?.

Who knows ?...........I'l have to ask the servants..........

:p
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    to UP the auntie.

Anti-BBC bias?
  • passionfruit69passionfruit69 Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SlowRap wrote: »

Quite like Noel actually, think he's still sexy even at his age! :o
    Forum Member
    Quite like Noel actually, think he's still sexy even at his age! :o

Come on, admit it, you have a gnome fetish.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching Holby City the other night i decided that i am going to write next years Christmas episodes of the soaps. Not one sight of Christmas cheer in any of them this year.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My advice is to go skiing in the austrian alps. It's much more fun and there's loads of drinking and shagging to be done.

That will take your mind off christmas celebrity twatf*cks 2010.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not watched much TV this christmas either but that's mostly because I can't be doing with most of it anymore. We use our V+ a lot and mostly watch stuff we like. I agree the film offerings have been old and uninspiring. I thought it was because Sky was hogging most of them.
    Watched Terry Pratchetts Colour of Magic today for the first time and thought it was great.
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    After watching Holby City the other night i decided that i am going to write next years Christmas episodes of the soaps. Not one sight of Christmas cheer in any of them this year.

One year a soap will decide to go against the trend and all the characters will have a good time at Christmas. The ratings will plummet and none of them will try it again.
  • GemofaBirdGemofaBird Posts: 1,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    What did ITV become?.

Channel 5!!
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    My advice is to go skiing in the austrian alps. It's much more fun and there's loads of drinking and shagging to be done.

That will take your mind off christmas celebrity twatf*cks 2010.

Married, a duff knee, and the drinkings off but I admire your spirit! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Its ALL the fault of the schedule planners' bosses really. They know there's shitloads of quality programmes being left to deteriorate in the acrhives of Granada/the BBC. But at least BBC3 have put Mongrels and Lee Nelson on again but repeats of Cook it, Kill it, Eat IT, it'd be QUALITEEEE!!

Its been like that ALL year. Somebody should sack the schedule planners' bosses.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    hey_jude wrote: »
    Channel 5!!

Which has become Live TV and replaced Topless darts and the weather in Norwegian with Home and Away, Neighbours and channel 5 news.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV has been totally boring this xmas, only xmas Deal or no Deal has been worth watching.

Where are all the decent films? stuck in the archives no doubt or unless you can afford to pay for Sky tv then there may be the odd decent film or two.

ITV probably want to save all the best things for when the holiday makers get back from their holiday. Low viewing figures don't exactly have the advertisers coming in their droves. Advertisers won't want to be advertising in a slot that's only got low-ish viewing figures. I tried to tell my mother this but she was just like all the rest around here that I've heard complain. ITV's a business, that's it.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member

Deal or no deal. , Jees , I'd rather watch repeats of Allo Allo than that flaming' thing .... and Allo Allo is bad , real bad !!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The only thing I've enjoyed is Dr Who but I've not actually watched much else. None of it appealed to me.