Options

Corrie - Am I the only one enjoying it?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
Not being funny but I can't understand the OTT hate ATM?
I've never understood this forum's reaction against it, and I still don't? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's awful... The storylines are a joke!

The viewing figures speak for themselves... Down year on year!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the contrary I can't understand how anyone could like the shower of shit they serve up. But that is the way of the world.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but agree with the above: Corrie is the pits.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Personally I like the nice community/warmth type feel on the show?
    It's refreshing when you get the heavy drama soaps like HO and EE to switch to something a bit more laid back/easy going

I'll admit Callum is laughable as a bad boy though
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    It's refreshing when you get the heavy drama soaps like HO and EE to switch to something a bit more laid back/easy going

The community/warmth type feel is the worst it's ever been in my memory at least. Completely unlikeable characters that used to be well rounded and well written for turned two faced and bitchy.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonights was painfully bad and boring, but I agree the hate for it at the moment is ott. on the whole I'm liking it at the mo
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw tonight's eps in full and the atmosphere is all wrong - it doesn't feel like Corrie somehow. Might be the writing or the direction, but something's off balance.

And I saw none of the "warmth" or community feel you're talking about!
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might be:p
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member

I liked the warmth, community and also the humour to the show. When Corrie is on form it's great but at the moment that's all gone and as a consequence it doesn't really feel like Corrie. I'm sure it will begin to pick up when they get a new producer and I'll switch back on but currently I've given up on it completely. I've been fan for over 25 years as well. Shows have ups and downs and at the moment Corrie is on a downward spiral.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's warmth isn't wait it used to be... The show has lost a lot of life!

I'm much preferring EastEnders, as the stories are a lot more gripping, and Dominic Treadwell Collins is using the cast brilliantly! We're seeing powerful performances from a variety of actors and actress's, each episode! I generally can't wait to watch the next episode ATM, and I hope this is something that continues!:) The actors and actress's I'm not perticuarly keen on, aren't being used that much ATM, so it's all good!:D

I was gutted that it wasn't on tonight!:( a lot of other people were aswell! 'No EastEnders' was trending on twitter because the fans weren't happy! Now I'm not a big football fan, but replacing EastEnders with LIVERPOOL?! Come on!!!:D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking it, but it's only Steve's storyline that I'm really interested in.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so and so, I don't completely dislike it. But I don't feel the warmth with most of the characters. Tim, Sally and Kevin are good, and I like Beth and Kirk. But a lot of annoying characters, like Izzy, or Anna being spiteful to Roy which was unpleasant to watch.

I like the Steve depression storyline, just a pity we spend half the time with characters telling Michelle how wonderful she is, and how Steve is lucky to have her. Really is getting boring and repetitive. So tonight wasn't a good one for me, her falling in love with Abs from Casualty does not interest me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think the show can be funny at times though!:p
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    No you arent, millions still enjoy it and dont jump on the Hat hating bandwagon, the stories are all hotting up , loved tonights episode.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have to say that it`s not all bad. Not only does Eva have really lovely cleavage, but she`s developing quite a nice line in dry dry humour too!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    It's absolutly dreadful.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that rubbish still on?
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you're not the only one, I still love it and always will. It combines drama and humour perfectly unlike most soaps and I like most of the characters. The OTT hate is probably more because it's Stuart Blackburn producing it I feel, once he goes I'm sure the vocal hate will decrease.
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    No you're not the only one, I still love it and always will. It combines drama and humour perfectly unlike most soaps and I like most of the characters. The OTT hate is probably more because it's Stuart Blackburn producing it I feel, once he goes I'm sure the vocal hate will decrease.

Totally agree with this! Have always loved Corrie and couldn't imagine missing it. Can't understand this forum at all as it's VERY anti - Corrie and very clearly pro EE; nearly every thread is about EE. I stopped watching that about 12 years ago when one of it's ridiculous plots finally got too much for me and I thought enough is enough.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not being funny but I can't understand the OTT hate ATM?
    I've never understood this forum's reaction against it, and I still don't? :confused:

No, you're not on your own, iMatt.
    I love it !

Best soap by far, for me :)
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I still enjoy. There are stories/characters I don't like but that is par for the course. I thought the scenes with Beth's family tonight were funny but loads of people were complaining about them??? I like that there is humour mixed in with the drama. I stopped watching Eastenders after Little Mo was raped for the second time as I just had enough of the misery!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Far too much Platt Creature for my liking.
  • Options
    oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree Corrie is going through a slump at the moment ...but it is still way by far the best soap.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s.mouse wrote: »
    I still enjoy. There are stories/characters I don't like but that is par for the course. I thought the scenes with Beth's family tonight were funny but loads of people were complaining about them??? I like that there is humour mixed in with the drama. I stopped watching Eastenders after Little Mo was raped for the second time as I just had enough of the misery!

EastEnders is just dreadfully depressing with loads of aggression and shouting and fighting.
    Awful soap.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    I saw tonight's eps in full and the atmosphere is all wrong - it doesn't feel like Corrie somehow. Might be the writing or the direction, but something's off balance.

And I saw none of the "warmth" or community feel you're talking about!

Maybe the new set?

The number of classic characters has dwindled over recent years, and the current characters aren't of the same calibre so that is a big factor.