Katie defends the use of f*gg*t?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
Forum Member
Katie says no one can upset "the big man" but she didn't challenge Alexander about his use of the word "f*gg*t"?

So was that ok? Was that reasonable? She wasn't bothered by that then?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Perez is very annoying but there is no excuse for using language like that no matter how much someone winds you up. You're right that because it doesn't suit Katie she has glossed over Alexander saying it but imagine if Alicia had said it (which I very much doubt she ever would) Katie would play hell with her. I was also disappointed that Michelle also didn't seriously take Alexander to task over this no matter how much he was being goaded by Perez.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Oh fiddle-dee-dee, where are my pearls when i need to clutch them! I'm so desperate to join in on your willful misinterpretation of this situation!
  • iwholdeniwholden Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gay and I'd have called Perez a **** in that situation. He taunted Alexander! I wasn't offended anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Ding_Batty wrote: »
    Oh fiddle-dee-dee, where are my pearls when i need to clutch them! I'm so desperate to join in on your willful misinterpretation of this situation!

No. Not misinterpreting it - she DIDN'T challenge him, did she? And if she was all about treating people fairly, that wasn't fair or decent, was it? She has berated Perez for far less.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Misleading title to your thread, already showing extreme bias. So what if she was not offended by what he said. What did you want/expect her to say?
  • roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as a gay man if I was blowing kisses to a straight guy I'd expect more than being called that. More like a punch in face.
    But then again I would respect the guy. So he deserves it.
  • Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez deserved much more than just being called that.
  • James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Michelle did tell him that was not ok, but in a way similar to how she dealt with Ken in the first few days, which was to remain calm, but she made it clear that it was not acceptable. There wasn't any need for her to scream at him just to show how serious she was taking it.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iwholden wrote: »
    I'm gay and I'd have called Perez a **** in that situation. He taunted Alexander! I wasn't offended anyway.

Well said! Is Perez a racist? It sure looks like it given his frequent issues with Alexander when the big guy doesn't even typically involve himself in all the arguments.
    Forum Member

You should never think that word is suitable. Like the N-word, people fought hard to get rid of it for a reason because it has such bad connotations.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Matt_Maher wrote: »
    Perez deserved much more than just being called that.

How can someone "deserve" homophobic or racial abuse? ^_^
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Jon_Carke wrote: »
    You should never think that word is suitable. Like the N-word, people fought hard to get rid of it for a reason because it has such bad connotations.

Exactly.
    Forum Member

Exactly.
  • iwholdeniwholden Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon_Carke wrote: »

Perez is everything that is wrong with the gay community. With people like him we're always gonna have homophobes! Geez I think he's enough to make me homophobic.. And I'm not saying that saying **** is right nor is the n word but if someone taunts and taunts constantly you just let rip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's also not ok for a gay man to sexualy harras a straight guy by blowing kisses at them.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Its only a meat ball.
    The professionally offended at it again .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez is everything that is wrong with the gay community. With people like him we're always gonna have homophobes! Geez I think he's enough to make me homophobic.. And I'm not saying that saying **** is right nor is the n word but if someone taunts and taunts constantly you just let rip.

Gay myself totally agree with you.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone who regularly uses the same terms to abuse other people.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should Perez change the way he behaves because of a bunch of homophobes? There will always be homophobia. I've heard of homophobes criticizing gay men for being "fake" because they don't act camp and all this other BS. People will always find a reason to hate. Perez is simply a target.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would Alexander feel if Parez made racist comments towards him? Kind of wish he did!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Perez gets offended by people using that word. Except for himself, perfectly acceptable for him to use it.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    words by themselves are nothing.
    if it is said with a real meaning then it is the way it is said, not the word that is offensive and any noise, not the word, can be projected that way... if you dont demonise the word, the word never hurts...
    it is always the way something is said that matters... that is what needs addressing, not a word... ban the word and another word will replace it.
    Forum Member

No he is not. The gay community just want straight acting muscle marys and need to realise people come in all shapes and sizes. Perez is annoying but is not the gay community's problem
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    How would Alexander feel if Parez made racist comments towards him? Kind of wish he did!

And you don't think he is being racist by attacking Alexander? Alexander isn't involved in the arguments as a rule & only had an issue with Perez because he was stood next to his bed coughing when he was trying to sleep! Perez frequently has issues with Alexander, for what reason?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Why should Perez change the way he behaves because of a bunch of homophobes? There will always be homophobia. I've heard of homophobes criticizing gay men for being "fake" because they don't act camp and all this other BS. People will always find a reason to hate. Perez is simply a target.

As a gay man its an unwritten rule you don't do stuff like that to straight guys unless u know them really well. Don't know why you think gay guys act camp most gays I know act normal. But like I said in another thread that's how we are seen on tv and everybody thinks it's the norm.

When in reality it's far from it.