Which LCD TV of these two?

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~LGE-37LC2D.htm
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~TOS-37WLT66.htm

Price difference is irrelevant.
The LG seems to have the better sound, while the Toshiba seems to have more gizmos, but I don't really know if they are worth having. e.g. progressive scan.

Comments

• Nellie1000Nellie1000 Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id say the Toshiba without a doubt. Much better quality. I'd advise you stay away from Empire Direct though, it's too long a story to go into but I had nothing but grief from them that ended up with me quite a few quid down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote:
    The LG seems to have the better sound, while the Toshiba seems to have more gizmos, but I don't really know if they are worth having. e.g. progressive scan.

All LCD's are progressive scan.

Tosh
    You can also find some smaller threads on the LG on the same site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    The Toshiba. Better connectivity with 2 HDMI is important when you acquire more HDMI devices in the future.
  • lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nellie1000 wrote:
    Id say the Toshiba without a doubt. Much better quality. I'd advise you stay away from Empire Direct though, it's too long a story to go into but I had nothing but grief from them that ended up with me quite a few quid down.
    Oh:(
    I got the link from someone on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jarrak wrote:
    All LCD's are progressive scan.

Tosh
    You can also find some smaller threads on the LG on the same site.
    Thanks. I'm still looking round it, and thanks for the info too, as that's not a factor now, I'm leaning towards the better sound on the LG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go for the 37LC2D personally. I've got the 26" version and it's brilliant!

I'm not such a big fan of the Toshiba, nice TV don't get me wrong but i prefer LG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pay a bit extra and get a Panasonic 37PX60
    Forum Member
    oh no not the plasma vs lcd can of worm again...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dinesht wrote:
    oh no not the plasma vs lcd can of worm again...
    Plasma?
    I don't want plasma. Neither of those are plasma are they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote:
    Plasma?

No, they're both LCD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:
    Plasma?

Why dont you want a plasma?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plasma v lcd is like HD DVD v bluray and VHS v betamax..... Its a personal prefferance.

Plasma is better for sports as LCD is very streaky but LCD is lighter (sometimes half the weight)

I personally will stick with plasma
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:
    Plasma?
    i was referring to timmillwood's reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    w3dal wrote:
    Why dont you want a plasma?
    Most of them are far too big and clumsy and any I've seen you have to be slap bang in front of it to see the picture properly I don't like them . Is that good enough?
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:
    Most of them are far too big and clumsy and any I've seen you have to be slap bang in front of it to see the picture properly I don't like them . Is that good enough?
    Plasmas are generally accepted to have better viewing angles than LCDs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:

I think you should visit a few more showrooms before you make your mind up. They're not big and clumsy, and certainly not meant to be viewed up close and personal!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:

Well i dont think you have seen a proper plasma screen setup. to be honest a decent pioneer or panasonic will blow either of those LCD's you mention out of the water.

Dont bother going into a place like currys, get yourself down to a place that does proper AV.

good luck with your LCD - ;)

think your find its LCD that has problems with viewing angles.

Dal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I have an LG 42" Plasma and spent a lot of time checking out the comparables which were reasonably close on price. I have never regretted my decision its a great piece of equipment at a really good price. Sound is good but I run mine through a Yamaha receiver with Tannoy's so its even better.