Cheryl Cole

welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
Who would like her and Derek Hough dancing on Strictly?

Comments

• rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Not in the slightest.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    er i could get by without her on strictly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. why not?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Who would like her and Derek Hough dancing on Strictly?

I dont mind her but why cant she dance with one of our pros? why Derek Hough?

Would love to see her with Brendan
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm being deadly honest..................no thanks
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeidiB wrote: »
    I like her. why not?

Because she has ballroom training and has competed in ballroom competitions in her youth so she would bring new meaning to the word 'ringer'.

Because if Cheryl did it she and Hough would dominate the show.

Because some people find her and Hough intensely annoying!
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Because she has ballroom training and has competed in ballroom competitions in her youth so she would bring new meaning to the word 'ringer'.

Because if Cheryl did it she and Hough would dominate the show.

Because some people find her and Hough intensely annoying!

Yes, Cheryl has said before that she probably wouldn't be able to do it due to taking Ballroom lessons as a child (I think on the trailer for 'You Saw Them Here First', that it's her who's seen dancing as a little girl).

For the same reasons, Pixie Lott and Ray Quinn probably wouldn't be allowed to do it.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Cheryl has said before that she probably wouldn't be able to do it due to taking Ballroom lessons as a child (I think on the trailer for 'You Saw Them Here First', that it's her who's seen dancing as a little girl).

For the same reasons, Pixie Lott and Ray Quinn probably wouldn't be allowed to do it.

Ray Quinn was a junior and youth ballroom and Latin champion, who, had he not moved on to other things, he could have easily become one of Strictly's pro dancers, and in an entirely different league to Cheryl & Pixie who claim to have had "some" training as kids.

But having "some" training didn't stop Jill M taking part, and winning with Darren.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Ray Quinn was a junior and youth ballroom and Latin champion, who, had he not moved on to other things, he could have easily become one of Strictly's pro dancers, and in an entirely different league to Cheryl & Pixie who claim to have had "some" training as kids.

But having "some" training didn't stop Jill M taking part, and winning with Darren.
    I don't know about Pixie Lott but from what I've heard Cheryl did actually compete in youth ballroom competitions so I think it's more than a case of 'some training' in her case.

I didn't watch the series that Jill M did but from what I heard it she just had some prior jive training but didn't actually compete.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about Pixie Lott but from what I've heard Cheryl did actually compete in youth ballroom competitions so I think it's more than a case of 'some training' in her case.

I didn't watch the series that Jill M did but from what I heard it she just had some prior jive training but didn't actually compete.

That's what I thought. Jill had listed on her CV that she was 'highly skilled' in Jive - and Matt Baker had done some Jive as part of an amateur comp that he did for Blue Peter.

I'm pretty sure there was an ITT ep with Pixie Lott on the Friday panel, and it was mentioned that she used to do Ballroom dancing. I haven't been able to find the ep since, but I believe it was in either Kara's or Harry's series.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought. Jill had listed on her CV that she was 'highly skilled' in Jive - and Matt Baker had done some Jive as part of an amateur comp that he did for Blue Peter.

I'm pretty sure there was an ITT ep with Pixie Lott on the Friday panel, and it was mentioned that she used to do Ballroom dancing. I haven't been able to find the ep since, but I believe it was in either Kara's or Harry's series.

Was not a fan of Jill. I wanted Aled to win the series. He would have made a good champion
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    I dont mind her but why cant she dance with one of our pros? why Derek Hough?

Would love to see her with Brendan

I thought there was a rumour he might be joining the UK series this year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One magazine published photos of Jill wearing regulation juvenile ballroom competition dress taken at a competition. And someone who now still dances remembers seeing her dance.

As she was only a child at the time, she would probably have got away with it without criticism, except that she kept insisting she had never danced...... She did other forms of dance as well - in an interview she said at age 18, she had to choose between a career in acting or a career in dance. You don't have that choice if you've "never danced".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That rumour has surfaced for the last 3 years! Really think it is only a rumour - BBC couldn't afford to pay him anything like the amount he gets on DWTS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One magazine published photos of Jill wearing regulation juvenile ballroom competition dress taken at a competition. And someone who now still dances remembers seeing her dance.

As she was only a child at the time, she would probably have got away with it without criticism, except that she kept insisting she had never danced...... She did other forms of dance as well - in an interview she said at age 18, she had to choose between a career in acting or a career in dance. You don't have that choice if you've "never danced".

Ok I stand corrected if what you say is true but I am surprised Jill managed to get away with being so economical with the truth if this is the case, but as I said I didn't see her series and perhaps some who voted weren't aware of it or some were willing to overlook it even if they were aware. I think if I was watching that series my vote would have gone towards Denise Lewis - I know she's a superfit athlete but I suspect she was more of a beginner in dance than Jill?

I think a nice personality can get you a long way on Strictly - I didn't mind that Matt Baker had done an amateur ballroom competition as part of a Blue Peter assignment and had performed in a dance troupe - I just enjoyed him as a contestant and his partnership with Aliona.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I s'ppose given her past history it could be a ratings winner if she fell out with her professional partner and punched them.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well seeing as this years pros have been revealed it seems it was just a rumour :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I s'ppose given her past history it could be a ratings winner if she fell out with her professional partner and punched them.

Pathetic. At least try and be original. One incident does not define an individual for life. If it does, the person who thinks so is VERY narrow minded.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I stand corrected if what you say is true but I am surprised Jill managed to get away with being so economical with the truth if this is the case, but as I said I didn't see her series and perhaps some who voted weren't aware of it or some were willing to overlook it even if they were aware. I think if I was watching that series my vote would have gone towards Denise Lewis - I know she's a superfit athlete but I suspect she was more of a beginner in dance than Jill?

I think a nice personality can get you a long way on Strictly - I didn't mind that Matt Baker had done an amateur ballroom competition as part of a Blue Peter assignment and had performed in a dance troupe - I just enjoyed him as a contestant and his partnership with Aliona.

As said, Jill was only a kid when she danced ballroom, which in her mind probably didn't count. But I think she did admit it had been silly no to admit to her other dancing (whatever style it was) when she later admitted about having to make a choice between acting and dancing. But she was (is) a likeable personality, and danced really well, so people voted for her.

Problem is if they bar everyone who has done some dancing (even if not bb & Lat) they will be limited to sports folk & presenters, as nearly all actors have done some dance as part of their stage school/acting training.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Macers_b wrote: »
    Pathetic. At least try and be original. One incident does not define an individual for life. If it does, the person who thinks so is VERY narrow minded.

That 'incident' as you call it was a vicious assault of which she was found guilty - she also wasn't remorseful for it - yeah she managed to move on from it and didn't reoffend but that kind of crime is hard to forget.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said, Jill was only a kid when she danced ballroom, which in her mind probably didn't count. But I think she did admit it had been silly no to admit to her other dancing (whatever style it was) when she later admitted about having to make a choice between acting and dancing. But she was (is) a likeable personality, and danced really well, so people voted for her.

Problem is if they bar everyone who has done some dancing (even if not bb & Lat) they will be limited to sports folk & presenters, as nearly all actors have done some dance as part of their stage school/acting training.

Well as I said I didn't watch it back in those days. I have seen some of Jill's dances on youtube and I'm sure if I'd seen the whole series I'd have warmed to her as a contestant - she's always come across as sweet and charming in interviews I've seen of her.

I think they should have all levels of celebs on the show it makes it more interesting & varied so I've never minded ringers taking part as long as they're likeable ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as I said I didn't watch it back in those days. I have seen some of Jill's dances on youtube and I'm sure if I'd seen the whole series I'd have warmed to her as a contestant - she's always come across as sweet and charming in interviews I've seen of her.

I think they should have all levels of celebs on the show it makes it more interesting & varied so I've never minded ringers taking part as long as they're likeable ;)

I agree; as much as people moan about 'previous experience' the show would be ultra dull if they only took people who had genuinely never danced a step, and they all turned out to be John Sergeants, or Fiona and Kate ... lovely people though they might be.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That 'incident' as you call it was a vicious assault of which she was found guilty - she also wasn't remorseful for it - yeah she managed to move on from it and didn't reoffend but that kind of crime is hard to forget.

Wow I didn't know about this, sounds like a good enough reason in itself.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the fact she wasn't remorseful about it was what makes it harder to warm to her. Everyone does things they aren't proud of and can come back from that. Yeah Cheryl's done alright for herself and shes not exactly public enemy number one, but a lot dislike her too and maybe this is one reason