Abbey's Face Tonight

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's clear that she was upset because she messed up her routine, and understandably so. Should she have smiled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:? People react to things differently and I felt a bit sorry for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so dumb she's gorgeous, a multi millionaire with a successful career and she can choose what she does with her life. Wish I were that dumb.

How do you know that she's dumb :confused::confused:. Do you know her personally :confused:
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    How do you know that she's dumb :confused::confused:. Do you know her personally :confused:

I was being ironic. In other words lampooning the notion that she is dumb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Abbey in the past but I'm rapidly going off her during this stint on SCD. She is so vain and coming across like a proper self obsessed airhead. I did feel sorry for her last night when she messed up but I was so annoyed with the judges for not criticising her and overmarking her. I went online and voted for Rachel and Fiona as Rachel was undermarked and Fiona told off for doing what Abbey did too. I really like the judges but the sucking up to Abbey thing is v annoying.

and that is something i was questioning, too, why so harsh with another, with no mistakes and so "no worry, you'r beautiful" with other??? 30 points!!! you're right fiona did same mistakes, and rachel, poor rachel!!
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people seem to forget we are looking at beginners dancing with professional dancers . If professionals make a mistake they can very quickly adjust and get back into groove but beginners will find it extremely difficult to adjust quickly .

Professionals are also very good at not letting mistakes show in their demeanour, but all comes with years of training and practice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was being ironic. In other words lampooning the notion that she is dumb.

Oh........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    It was a joke..... sorry you didn't get it :rolleyes:
    My point was that we all feel bad or angry with ourselves/the World in general, but for celebrities (unless they want to appear as spoilt children and get the publicity this brings...), it's probably better to take out their feelings behind closed doors.
    Abbey should have learned by now how to control her responses on camera, and if she hasn't, perhaps it's about time she had a few lessons.
    Oh right, well that's awkward. Well hopefully that wasn't your best material eh?
    I find it a tad disingenuous to construe someone's disappointment in their performance, worry about having let their partner down and relief at still achieving a decent score as a temper tantrum. But that's just me. What you're describing bears no relation to what actually happened. If someone was reading your description of it before having seen it, I rather think they might wonder if you were talking about someone else.

Out of interest, have you watched this show before? Because I've seen reactions like Abbey's a dozen times or more. The celebs do make mistakes and some of them get upset about it. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. If you didn't watch it before, then do yourself a favour and watch Victoria Pendleton's reaction to messing up her cha cha.

I tend to think the celebs can't win - if they hide their feelings then they come across as fake; if they acknowledge them then they're having a tantrum.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember last week, as she stood on the stairs awaiting her cue, the camera showed Abbey's fingers clenching and unclenching with nervousness. I don't think there's anything fake at all about her nerves or her self-critical reactions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember last week, as she stood on the stairs awaiting her cue, the camera showed Abbey's fingers clenching and unclenching with nervousness. I don't think there's anything fake at all about her nerves or her self-critical reactions.

I agree.
    It's just as if some people are trying to find reasons to not like her which they are perfectly entitled to btw ;):cool:. If she remained unaffected, some people would have accused her of being " cold " :rolleyes: but as soon as she showed some emotions , some people complain :rolleyes:. She can't win :confused:
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.
    It's just as if some people are trying to find reasons to not like her which they are perfectly entitled to btw ;):cool:. If she remained unaffected, some people would have accused her of being " cold " :rolleyes: but as soon as she showed some emotions , some people complain :rolleyes:. She can't win :confused:

I'm just hoping she doesn't win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Zee wrote: »

I'm sure she won't win although I wished she could win.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is one of the main contenders to win.
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she won't win although I wished she could win.

To be honest I will watch it whoever wins and enjoy every single moment it
  • missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I will watch it whoever wins and enjoy every single moment it

Me to.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope she does win!
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is one of the main contenders to win.

I think she is too.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abbys dissapointed in herself was quite genuine IMO . As opposed to Vanessa's fake tears and ickle girls face .
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Oh dear Attractive Girl who has done well slammed for flicking her hair and pouting. Is there any circumstances under which she would have been slammed on here if she was overweight and ugly and was pouting and flicking her Hair somehow I doubt it.

Two of the best performers in the first couple of weeks Abbey and Nat getting Bile thrown at them for the sake of it who would have thought it.

Well I like Nat but I can't abide Wags so Abbie is a nono from me:D
    Forum Member
    pearlsha wrote: »
    and that is something i was questioning, too, why so harsh with another, with no mistakes and so "no worry, you'r beautiful" with other??? 30 points!!! you're right fiona did same mistakes, and rachel, poor rachel!!

Yes indeed, poor Rachel, she took it well though:)
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like Nat but I can't abide Wags so Abbie is a nono from me:D

Good evening.
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Good evening.

Good evening to you too:)
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilpilgrim wrote: »
    It's the eyes. That hard, flinty look in them. It scares me.

Yes, she looks like a dead fish and has the personality to match.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    Yes, she looks like a dead fish and has the personality to match.

I must agree. It’s always interesting to see the contestants when they don’t realise they are on camera. Susanna is like a heat-seeking missile, but that would be due to the fact that it’s her job to know where the camera is. Abby’s face, last week especially, looked like a slapped arse. And last night after Fiona walked down the stairs Abby was the only contestant who wasn’t dancing....she looked a bit pissed off!
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    When Jodie Kidd did the show I didn't notice her being overly obsessed with her appearance - and she really was a top model at some point in her career.

Sorry, but I don't care if Abbey's a model - vanity is an unattractive trait in anyone.

Good point, Topaz. I had expected not to take to Jodie but she was wonderful. Funny, natural and no airs and graces. Abbey Clancy doesn't do it for me.