Options

Mariah Carey: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

Comments

• Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Why not Amazon ??
    You get the physical CD and a download straight after purchasing !

Yes but should be going out tomorrow get a copy at Sainsburys
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Money, it's the type of R&B mid-tempo I'd expect from Mimi in her prime.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to every music shop in Glasgow today and this album is no where to be seen...is she trying to sabotage her own career or what? I prefer to buy CDs rather than iTunes copies, so don't have a copy of this yet after being a hardcore fan for years, now that's definitely an issue!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Got deluxe from HMV. they had one copy left after I bought mine but about 10 of the standard release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    Got deluxe from HMV. they had one copy left after I bought mine but about 10 of the standard release.
    Where do you live? I find it really weird that I couldn't find it here in Glasgow at all, I can usually buy new MC releases easily in HMV or even supermarkets. What is her label playing at? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought it in Coventry because I was there earlier but my friend got a copy from meadowhall Sheffield.

Even supermarkets in Leicester had the standard copy.

Did you ask the staff in HMV? very odd that they wouldn't have any.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    I bought it in Coventry because I was there earlier but my friend got a copy from meadowhall Sheffield.

Even supermarkets in Leicester had the standard copy.

Did you ask the staff in HMV? very odd that they wouldn't have any.
    Thats so weird, maybe theres a problem with the Scottish shipments? I haven't checked Tesco yet so I'm hoping its in there.

Tbh I didn't ask in HMV because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I've ordered a copy from Amazon but it wont be here until May 30th and I really can't afford to get both a physical and digital copy.
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon give you an auto rip copy straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This album is actually doing far better on iTunes in the UK than I thought it would. Hovering around in the top 10, not bad for Mariah considering her last effort 5 years ago only made the top 30.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Amazon give you an auto rip copy straight away.
    Really? It just gives me a message saying "You can now download this album as an mp3 for 10.99" :confused:

It turns out that I could buy the album on iTunes for only 7 pounds because I had bought all of the singles from it, so I now have a digital copy and my deluxe CD will be here on Friday. Crisis averted :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do think all the postive reviews have helped sell the album.

heres hoping her WMA perf tonight is a good one. I miss the days when I would watch a mariah live performance over and over again. Her xmas ones were live and brill but I dont wanna listen to xmas performance right now lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Really? It just gives me a message saying "You can now download this album as an mp3 for 10.99" :confused:

It turns out that I could buy the album on iTunes for only 7 pounds because I had bought all of the singles from it, so I now have a digital copy and my deluxe CD will be here on Friday. Crisis averted :p.
    The album usually just shows up in your Cloud Player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The positive reviews are great. So far (not all of the reviews are out), this is her best received album since the 90s. (Metacritic only have records starting from Glitter).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album usually just shows up in your Cloud Player.
    Oh...well maybe I have another digital copy then :blush:.

EDIT: Nope, my cloud player says no flies to show. Oh well, I have it now anyway :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird cuz I got it! I wish the booklet had more effort put in to it btw.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird cuz I got it! I wish the booklet had more effort put in to it btw.

Me too. Very basic esp after a 5 year wait!...and the thank you's! Atrocious!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered the CD from Amazon a week or so ago. Still haven't received that yet but I've got the automatic free download you get when you buy a new CD from Amazon. So I downloaded that from CloudPlayer and put it onto my MP3 player. Listening to it now. I think it's one of her better albums in a long time, although I think I still prefer E=MC2. Some of the songs are probably growers though. I just wish there were less songs "featuring" so and so. I get so bored with collaborations, especially guest rappers, who I feel often ruin a catchy song rather than enhance it, but that's just me. I guess I just want to hear Mariah singing, not a load of other people. Her single Triumphant was the worst for that. It was like Mariah was the guest artist on her own single! I prefer the solo version of that song so much more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the CD from Amazon a week or so ago. Still haven't received that yet but I've got the automatic free download you get when you buy a new CD from Amazon. So I downloaded that from CloudPlayer and put it onto my MP3 player. Listening to it now. I think it's one of her better albums in a long time, although I think I still prefer E=MC2. Some of the songs are probably growers though. I just wish there were less songs "featuring" so and so. I get so bored with collaborations, especially guest rappers, who I feel often ruin a catchy song rather than enhance it, but that's just me. I guess I just want to hear Mariah singing, not a load of other people. Her single Triumphant was the worst for that. It was like Mariah was the guest artist on her own single! I prefer the solo version of that song so much more.

There's 4 features on this and 3 on E=MC2 :confused:
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Mariah Carey's new album in number 6 in the midweek album chart in the UK
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    Mariah Carey's new album in number 6 in the midweek album chart in the UK

Looks like it will peak higher than Imperfect angel, even though she did actual UK promo for that and none for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it will peak higher than Imperfect angel, even though she did actual UK promo for that and none for this.

I find that quite funny haha. UK X Factor, various talk show appearances...and only scraped the top 35. She's barely mentioned the UK in connection with this album, yet it's sitting comfortably on iTunes.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Early predictions are saying the first week sales of this album in the US are 65,000-70,000
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Early predictions are saying the first week sales of this album in the US are 65,000-70,000

A step down from Memoirs which managed 165k

Because R&B isn't a successful selling album genre at the moment, i have to say 65-70 aint bad.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    A step down from Memoirs which managed 165k

Because R&B isn't a successful selling album genre at the moment, i have to say 65-70 aint bad.

To be fair though, it's not just any R&B artist. It's Mariah Carey. She's meant to be a level above others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, only selling 70 isn't excusable when Memoirs was able to sell double.